I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
10-02-2015, 06:32 PM
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
(10-02-2015 08:59 AM)DLJ Wrote:  You've had more than one person indicate that they are willing to accept your challenge.

It's now up to you to choose who you want to debate, one-on-one, in the boxing ring

I want to debate goodwithoutgod regarding the Resurrection of Jesus, as long as he makes the opening statement, and he can use the same mumbo he posted on here as the opening statement, and let the games begin.

Fair enough?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Call_of_the_Wild's post
10-02-2015, 06:35 PM
(10-02-2015 09:14 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Citing "god" as the "origin of the universe" does nothing to address the question of origin ---

And citing "nature" as the "origin of the universe" does? Am I in the twilight zone?
10-02-2015, 06:36 PM
(10-02-2015 06:13 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(09-02-2015 03:15 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It makes no difference at all whether you believe in something or not. You have no evidence for an "immaterial soul". Since recorded history began, humans have "believed" in all sorts of nonsense. 99.99999 % of it has all been bullshit, and YOU are not special. It's simply childish wishful thinking. And it certainly is not an acceptable element in any know form of debate. You're really not very good at this are you.

I already stated my reasons why I believe in mind/body dualism (immaterial soul). If you have any beef with my reasons, then address them on a point by point basis instead of making these pitiful general comments.

And I will respect you more if you talked TO me, instead of AT me.

I don't plan on reading 42 pages of garbage. Restate them, or point to them. And stop with your Argument from Ignorance fallacy, and "god of the gaps".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance
that you think a gawd is required for life to start. It has been demonstrated in labs that it is entirely possible. The fact that you are ignorant of these facts is not our problem, (even though clearly it's just about all you think you have). So, you have no education in any relevant topic ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
10-02-2015, 06:44 PM
This is still going on?

[Image: 871.gif]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
10-02-2015, 06:46 PM
(10-02-2015 09:42 AM)Chas Wrote:  I believe based on evidence, not faith.

So do I.

(10-02-2015 09:42 AM)Chas Wrote:  Science is a method, not a belief.

It is a belief...most of you believe that science will one day figure it out...that is a belief.

(10-02-2015 09:42 AM)Chas Wrote:  No, you really are stupid.

When it comes to any of these issues that we've been discussing, you are the stupid one, buddy.
10-02-2015, 06:48 PM
(10-02-2015 06:35 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(10-02-2015 09:14 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Citing "god" as the "origin of the universe" does nothing to address the question of origin ---

And citing "nature" as the "origin of the universe" does? Am I in the twilight zone?

We can observe, examine, test, measure, and interact with nature.
10-02-2015, 06:48 PM
(10-02-2015 09:43 AM)Free Wrote:  
(10-02-2015 09:36 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  according to naturalism, there was no mastermind...a blind and mindless process just did everything Laugh out load

And what is so wrong with that?

Drinking Beverage

That right there, is the price of atheism...going through so much lengths not to believe in God, that they believe in absurdities.
10-02-2015, 06:52 PM
(10-02-2015 06:48 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(10-02-2015 09:43 AM)Free Wrote:  And what is so wrong with that?

Drinking Beverage

That right there, is the price of atheism...going through so much lengths not to believe in God, that they believe in absurdities.

That right there is the product of complete ignorance of how this universe works.
Chaos Theory, Physics, Chemistry, Biology. If I was THAT ignorant, I'd probably be a believer too.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
10-02-2015, 06:54 PM
(10-02-2015 06:48 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(10-02-2015 09:43 AM)Free Wrote:  And what is so wrong with that?

Drinking Beverage

Believing in magic could never be considered absurd.
10-02-2015, 06:55 PM
(10-02-2015 09:46 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  It doesn't agree with his interpretation of an archaic book
Tongue

Hmmm. Well, in this archaic book, it states that the universe had a beginning (Gen 1:1), and in the early 1900's scientists had to interpret their observations to imply a finite universe. Consider I guess how old a book is doesn't mean shit if what is said inside it is true Big Grin