I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
10-02-2015, 07:01 PM
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
(10-02-2015 09:48 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  It doesn't, but we are not the ones making outrageous claims.

Most of you on here DO in fact claim that God didn't do it..and to say that God didn't do it is implying that nature did it...and to me, saying that nature can create eyes when it can't see, or create consciousness when it can't think..to me, that is an outrageous implication.

(10-02-2015 09:48 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  When we don't know something, we are humble enough to say "we don't know" instead of "must have been God". Postulating God doesn't solve or explain anything.

Well, I will but it like this.."I don't know", BUT, I am heavily leaning towards the whole God thing. Is that more modest?

(10-02-2015 09:48 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  We don't know who "did everything", and neither do you. When you get to that point, you start making shit up.

Well, I have two options, and I choose the God one. Sue me.

(10-02-2015 09:48 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  We just say "we don't know". Where did your "mastermind" come from

Where did the number 1 come from?

(10-02-2015 09:48 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  , and where is the evidence that supports his/her/its existence?

Alvin Plantiga gave a lecture regarding two dozen or so theistic arguments...take your pick.

(10-02-2015 09:48 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  The Bible doesn't count -- it's a book, not evidence. Anyone can write a book. I can write a book and claim that I am God -- doesn't prove anything.

I never used to Bible to support theism. Try again.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2015, 07:02 PM
(10-02-2015 06:55 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(10-02-2015 09:46 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  It doesn't agree with his interpretation of an archaic book
Tongue

Hmmm. Well, in this archaic book, it states that the universe had a beginning (Gen 1:1), and in the early 1900's scientists had to interpret their observations to imply a finite universe. Consider I guess how old a book is doesn't mean shit if what is said inside it is true Big Grin

Actually it doesn't say that at all. It says "in the beginning... bla bla bla". It says nothing about a "universe". If there was a "beginning" then time already existed. Oh well. Try harder. You ancient magic-holy book doesn't explain how a UNIVERSE was created, how Causality ALREADY existed, how TIME came to be in place. Of course they didn't KNOW about a "universe" then, and no scholar claims they did.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
10-02-2015, 07:05 PM
(10-02-2015 06:55 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(10-02-2015 09:46 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  It doesn't agree with his interpretation of an archaic book
Tongue

Hmmm. Well, in this archaic book, it states that the universe had a beginning (Gen 1:1), and in the early 1900's scientists had to interpret their observations to imply a finite universe. Consider I guess how old a book is doesn't mean shit if what is said inside it is true Big Grin

I have a pet dragon, you can believe me because I said so.
10-02-2015, 07:07 PM
(10-02-2015 10:16 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Whether Caesar was stabbed or not, whether you believe this particular incident or not, doesn't much matter. Now if you read that Caesar was stabbed, was killed, came back to life, ascended to heaven .....then you better take a good, hard look at the story and find unbiased, outside sources for this information before you believe it.

If God exists, then it is possible for Caesar to be stabbed, killed, come back to life, and ascend to heaven. No problems there.

(10-02-2015 10:16 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Read goodwithoutgod's posts.

I read it, and I was so unimpressed by it, that I RESPONDED to it Big Grin
10-02-2015, 07:09 PM
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid734084

There you go wild, enjoy.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
10-02-2015, 07:12 PM
(10-02-2015 10:20 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Brain activity CAN be measure in pico volts.

The electrical synapses can be observed, and quantified.

The electrical synapses are not thoughts. How much does my thought of Esperanza Spalding weigh (my wife, she just doesn't know it yet)? How long is it, and how much does it weigh?
10-02-2015, 07:13 PM
(10-02-2015 07:07 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(10-02-2015 10:16 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Whether Caesar was stabbed or not, whether you believe this particular incident or not, doesn't much matter. Now if you read that Caesar was stabbed, was killed, came back to life, ascended to heaven .....then you better take a good, hard look at the story and find unbiased, outside sources for this information before you believe it.

If God exists, then it is possible for Caesar to be stabbed, killed, come back to life, and ascend to heaven. No problems there.

(10-02-2015 10:16 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Read goodwithoutgod's posts.

I read it, and I was so unimpressed by it, that I RESPONDED to it Big Grin

his response was "start another thread" so I did. he can't answer with anything substantiated because my research is based in facts, empirical evidence and the scholarly works of multiple christian biblical historians who, unlike him and most uneducated in theology Xtians, acknowledge the huge holes in the story, and the fact that NO ONE who ever wrote of jesus, knew him. Lets see how he does....

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
10-02-2015, 07:13 PM
(10-02-2015 07:01 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Most of you on here DO in fact claim that God didn't do it..and to say that God didn't do it is implying that nature did it...and to me, saying that nature can create eyes when it can't see, or create consciousness when it can't think..to me, that is an outrageous implication.

Hilarious. The eye is too complex to have been developed "by nature", but God isn't too complex to have done so or to have (even more absurdly) always have existed. Drinking Beverage

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
10-02-2015, 07:14 PM
(10-02-2015 10:22 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  None.

Magic only exists in the imagination.

Or religion.

The concept of life from nonlife exists only in your imagination. You've never seen it.
10-02-2015, 07:17 PM
(10-02-2015 10:23 AM)Rik Wrote:  No, force and energy are not synonyms. Look it up.

I said energy can be CLASSIFIED as force...you can't have force with no energy, or energy with no force. Cmon now people...educate yourselves.