I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
10-02-2015, 07:18 PM
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
(10-02-2015 07:13 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(10-02-2015 07:07 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  If God exists, then it is possible for Caesar to be stabbed, killed, come back to life, and ascend to heaven. No problems there.

I read it, and I was so unimpressed by it, that I RESPONDED to it Big Grin

his response was "start another thread" so I did. he can't answer with anything substantiated because my research is based in facts, empirical evidence and the scholarly works of multiple christian biblical historians who, unlike him and most uneducated in theology Xtians, acknowledge the huge holes in the story, and the fact that NO ONE who ever wrote of jesus, knew him. Lets see how he does....

[Image: Sad-Deweys-Low-Expectations-Are-Never-Me...le-Gif.gif]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
10-02-2015, 07:18 PM
(10-02-2015 10:24 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(10-02-2015 09:09 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  You've already been intellectually spanked on quite a few occasions in pathetic attempts to keep up with me on a intellectual (I just love that word) level.

So it comes as no surprise that the above quote is the best you've got at this point.

Your self perception misses the mark by a country mile, you’re just one more pompous ass that is blinded by bullshit. Like others before you are proud of your ignorance and attempt to hide behind the bluster. I’m not impressed.

As for the Laws of Thermodynamics you’re like G. Sewell who’s papers (“Poker Entropy and the Theory of Compensation”) are always being rejected by scientific journals because they are flat out wrong. This is a PRATT (Point Refuted a Thousand Times).

"An ID proponent presents a bad argument, then pompously struts around as though it is everyone else who is confused. Nothing to see here, everyone move along now…”

Sewell got spanked, and now so are you. Again.

Here is a short explanation why you and your sources are wrong plus several links as to why your argument is false. I don’t really care if you read them but the others who are following this thread and are actually interested in understanding the “why" might.

"The Second Law of Thermodynamics says that systems must become more disordered over time. Living cells therefore could not have evolved from inanimate chemicals, and multicellular life could not have evolved from protozoa.
This argument derives from a misunderstanding of the Second Law. If it were valid, mineral crystals and snowflakes would also be impossible, because they, too, are complex structures that form spontaneously from disordered parts.

The Second Law actually states that the total entropy of a closed system (one that no energy or matter leaves or enters) cannot decrease. Entropy is a physical concept often casually described as disorder, but it differs significantly from the conversational use of the word.

More important, however, the Second Law permits parts of a system to decrease in entropy as long as other parts experience an offsetting increase. Thus, our planet as a whole can grow more complex because the sun pours heat and light onto it, and the greater entropy associated with the sun's nuclear fusion more than rebalances the scales. Simple organisms can fuel their rise toward complexity by consuming other forms of life and nonliving materials.”
http://www.scientificamerican.com/articl...eationist/

http://www.csicop.org/specialarticles/sh...s_problem/

http://scienceblogs.com/evolutionblog/20...econd-law/

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Second_Law_...modynamics

Point?
10-02-2015, 07:23 PM
(10-02-2015 10:33 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And some will just believe ANYTHING they read in an old book....

Like talking snakes, unicorns, worldwide floods, talking burning bushes, ect, ect, ect.......

Some people believe that life came from nonlife, a universe popped in to being uncaused out of nothing...and a blind and mindless process created vision and consciousness.

Oh, the irony Weeping
10-02-2015, 07:24 PM
(10-02-2015 10:37 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

I note you've dropped the term 'subjective' and are now pointing out the 'amount' of evidence.

Or have I misunderstood your reply?

Much cheers to all.

You've misunderstood.
10-02-2015, 07:28 PM
(10-02-2015 02:13 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  oooh I don't see the response. Tell you what, challenge me to a debate in the boxing ring and we can enter a serious, civil, intellectual debate, think real hard before you do, having ones worldview eviscerated is a humbling experience, one I have happily given to many creationists in the past, and offer free of charge to you...come on, don't be scared, the worse thing can happen is you will learn something. Now, unlike some, I am a tad busy between being a full time college student finishing my third degree, a full time active duty military officer, and a married man with 4 kids and all the fun that goes along with that, so if I dont respond within an hour, don't get upset, the free lessons in your failed epistemological method of viewing the real world will come with time. Trust me.

click here, start thread, call of the wild challenges GWG to a debate. Come get some..

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...oxing-Ring

I live for this shit!!!!!!! Sorry, my excitement got the best of me...I agree...on the conditions that you make the opening statement. Other than that, don't take this ass whooping personally, son. Thumbsup
10-02-2015, 07:30 PM
(10-02-2015 07:23 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(10-02-2015 10:33 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And some will just believe ANYTHING they read in an old book....

Like talking snakes, unicorns, worldwide floods, talking burning bushes, ect, ect, ect.......

Some people believe that life came from nonlife, a universe popped in to being uncaused out of nothing...and a blind and mindless process created vision and consciousness.

Oh, the irony Weeping

Familiar with math? Statistics? Chance and circumstance? What are the odds that a planet will have the perfect conditions for life to thrive? Apparently at the minimum about 1 in 400 billion.

OR

there is the laughable belief that a magical super genie floating in nothingness decided to create 400+ billion planets (that is how many the hubble telescope can see) until it got one juuuuuuust right, and then grabbed a handful of dirt, and blew into it creating man! Why so many planets? why not just make earth, moon for gravity impact, and the sun, you know that big ball of cancer causing fire in the sky from our perfect creator. Then this all knowing genie planted the tree of knowledge KNOWING they wouold eat of it, KNOWING the whole history of man and did it anyway...and THIS makes sense to you?

What do we not have evidence of? God.

What can be disproven? The bible

What can be proven? evolution.

what exactly was your point again my ineducable tyro buddy?

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
10-02-2015, 07:31 PM
(10-02-2015 03:13 PM)Impulse Wrote:  You're erroneously attempting to place "life" in some special category. At the basics, we're not all that different from machines. Humans and machines both require a specific set of parts working together as a system that is propelled by fuel. Food, water, and air are the fuels for humans. Atoms arranged in specific patterns are our parts. If you remove the fuels or too many parts break or wear down, the system stops functioning. For machines, we say they're beyond repair and we throw them out. For humans, we say they're dead. Just different labels.

There is no "life force" and no "soul". That's just an erroneous concept developed long ago by people that didn't know any better. Today we do know better. Well, at least some of us do. Dodgy

Regardless of what you want to call "life"...how did we get it? That is the question....all of these semantic babble is just red herrings to take distract us from the real questions of the origin of life and the lack of science to explain to us as to how it got here.
10-02-2015, 07:31 PM
(10-02-2015 07:28 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(10-02-2015 02:13 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  oooh I don't see the response. Tell you what, challenge me to a debate in the boxing ring and we can enter a serious, civil, intellectual debate, think real hard before you do, having ones worldview eviscerated is a humbling experience, one I have happily given to many creationists in the past, and offer free of charge to you...come on, don't be scared, the worse thing can happen is you will learn something. Now, unlike some, I am a tad busy between being a full time college student finishing my third degree, a full time active duty military officer, and a married man with 4 kids and all the fun that goes along with that, so if I dont respond within an hour, don't get upset, the free lessons in your failed epistemological method of viewing the real world will come with time. Trust me.

click here, start thread, call of the wild challenges GWG to a debate. Come get some..

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...oxing-Ring

I live for this shit!!!!!!! Sorry, my excitement got the best of me...I agree...on the conditions that you make the opening statement. Other than that, don't take this ass whooping personally, son. Thumbsup

already posted you a thread as you requested....want me to move it to the boxing ring? I hope you are ready for this evisceration.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
10-02-2015, 07:34 PM
(10-02-2015 03:26 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  You have said that you will debate any atheist on here. I am an atheist. I have asked you a question. Answer or concede failure.

I hope that your subsequent replies will have more substance than these sad ad hominems that made up your first reply to me.

What question?
10-02-2015, 07:39 PM
(10-02-2015 04:18 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(10-02-2015 09:39 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Let me know when you see a snowflake that resembles Air Force One, then we can talk about design.

Will you look at that? Looks like six jet airplanes connected at their noses. Amazing how nature can create complexity without supernatural forces to control or design it.

[Image: w050207a039.jpg]

These look like stealth fighters!

[Image: w031230a113.jpg]

What is funny about that is I had to strain my brain to see as to how it resembled an aircraft...which means that at first glance, it wasn't noticeable hmmmm. The first snowflake also looks like a King Arthur sword or something...I guess it is all in the eye of the beholder. Can you make one that resembles an Amtrak train??