I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
11-02-2015, 02:14 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2015 05:34 PM by One Above All.)
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
(09-02-2015 08:34 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I saw your post. What I asked was why we haven't seen any of you go to the ring and make a formal request to debate. I assume Call of the Wild is a pussy. But this thread isn't the place, and you didn't debate anyone, you asked him to prove something.

I issued a challenge (I don't have to literally say "I hereby challenge you, OP, to blah blah blah" for it to be a challenge; context matters). The OP didn't accept it. Or he/she did and he actually tried to provide what I demanded, in which case my input would have been irrelevant after all the posts debunking the "argument" provided. EDIT: Also, I believe he/she's more of an asshole than a pussy, but that's just me. Tongue

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2015, 02:28 PM
(11-02-2015 01:43 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(10-02-2015 08:19 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Super-Moderator note:

It's there, if any others post in it, I'll (happily) delete the posts.

The floor is yours Call of the Wild, that is, if you actually intend to debate.

Ohhh ok...so I have your word on that, right?? Cool. I will make my response right after school tonight Thumbsup

I'm guessing from this that you have not read our information / rules / 'codes of conduct' pages.

D'oh! Silly me! You're a self-confessed christian ... of course you have read any codes of ethics. What was I thinking? Facepalm

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
11-02-2015, 03:46 PM
(10-02-2015 07:31 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Regardless of what you want to call "life"...how did we get it? That is the question....all of these semantic babble is just red herrings to take distract us from the real questions of the origin of life and the lack of science to explain to us as to how it got here.

If you go back and read what I quoted from you, you were asking about where the "life force" comes from AS DIFFERENTIATED FROM dead bodies that have no life. It did indeed matter what we call "life" and I addressed that. And it's not "semantic babble". It's facts vs. fiction.

But, if you now want to move the goal posts, fine I'll go there too. The origin of life is the origin of the assembly of atoms into living forms. That occurred through scientific processes with specific elements existing under the right conditions. Keep in mind, we humans didn't just spring into being instantly in our current form. After a few atoms combined into what we call life, it was very simple microscopic life that was first formed. That microscopic life then evolved and mutated taking billions of years to bring life in all it's varieties into its current state of existence. Science has not yet provided all the complete details, but enough has been established to know that this is true.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
11-02-2015, 05:27 PM
(11-02-2015 01:42 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Ignorance. If I am saying that Christianity has more explanatory evidence, that would seem to mean that I have REASON to believe that Christianity has more explanatory evidence than those other boot-leg religions. Duh.

And what explanatory evidence would that be? You've already been refuted on the so called historocity of the bible.
11-02-2015, 05:40 PM
(11-02-2015 12:44 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Genesis 1 is referring to an entire creation account, which would include man, animals, vegetation, and the cosmos....and Genesis isn't the only book of the Bible that refers to God creating the universe either...there are many more.

.. that all contradict each other.
[+] 2 users Like Helio's post
11-02-2015, 08:14 PM
(11-02-2015 01:03 AM)morondog Wrote:  COTW, why dontcha tell us about God in your life? After all it can't *just* be the Bible right? Otherwise you could go read the Bhagavad Gita and be Hindu next week. So... what's God ever done for you?

Has God helped you find your car keys?
Cured your disease?
Given you money?
Helped you when you were down?
Made your business prosper?
Kept you safe in times of danger?
Tested you by doing nasty stuff to you? We all know it's just good fun right? God doing the "refiner's fire" thing...

Glad you asked. I do believe that two major incidents in my life occurred where I believe the power of prayer worked. I will gladly share both stories with you (and others) and be as brief as I can.

First off, I can't "prove" that it was because of God that these things happened, I just accept by faith that they did, based on prayer.

1. I was in the US Army, and was told I had to go to Iraq...this was back in 07, and when I was told, I was very very very nervous...Sadcryface <----kinda like this. A whirl of nervous emotion just took over my body. I didn't want to go lol. So on the bus, traveling to Baltimore on our way to the airport, everyone on the bus seemed to be in good spirits. Most of my fellow soldiers were young, as was I. But everyone seemed to didn't care, that we were being shipped off to a war zone. The bus was packed, and guys and gals were on the bus laughing, playing, making jokes...and I was the ONLY one quiet, nervous...and just flat out SCARED.

So as we were riding, I had my head down..I had my head up against the seat in front of me...face down, eyes closed...so I began to pray...and I asked God to please keep me safe as I began this journey into the unknown..I asked God to watch over me...then I told God, "God, if you exist, I know you are listening to me, and I'd like you to give me a sign to let me know that everything will be ok, that I will get through this." But what sign could he give me? So we are traveling on this highway...on a highway that I've NEVER been on before.

I still had my head down, eyes closed..and I said "Lord, if I am going to make it through this, when I open my eyes and lift my head, the bus will just pass a McDonald's sign on the highway...and I opened my eyes, and slowly lifted my head, and as I looked up, within two seconds, as the bus was flying down the highway, to the right side of the road, THE BUS PASSED A MCDONALD'S SIGN.

Now some of you may say "But there are plenty of Mcdonald's signs on the road", which is true, but I said this prayer at a random place on a road that I've never been on, so what is the probability that we would just HAPPEN to pass that particular sign at that particular location. Not buying it. But I don't expect unbelievers to understand, this is a story that only a believer would understand...or open minded unbelievers.
Or does he do things in a more aloof fashion. Sorta out there in the starlight smiling benevolently down and approving of you trolling atheist forums but not taking an active role?

From that point on, I became filled with joy, and I truly felt that God spoke to me that day...and that is something that is going to stay with me forever.

2. My second story happened just last week, actually. I was riding on my way to scoop the wife up from work, and I saw a lot of commotion at one of the bus stops on the way, and from what I can see, there is this young fella on the ground, shaking tremendously...he was having a seizure. So I parked my vehicle and got out and rushed over there. I don't know if anyone in here ever witnessed someone having a seizure, but it is a scary sight. I walked over there, and closed my eyes and prayed.."Lord, please place your healing hands on this man, I know it is within your power oh heavenly Father" (there were more words than that, but you get the picture), and soon as I ended the prayer with "Amen" and opened my eyes and looked on the ground where the young man was, he had stopped shaking. He was shaking uncontrollably before I began praying, but once I finished praying, all of the shaking stopped!!! He was also slowly beginning to gain coherent speech. I contribute this to the Lord hearing and answering my prayers. Paramedics came and the man went to the hospital, but before he left I told him that I had prayed for him, and that everything would be ok.

Prayer works, people.

Again, I don't expect unbelievers to by any of this...but hey, it isn't for you to understand.
11-02-2015, 08:21 PM
(10-02-2015 08:51 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Actually if you had ever really read the Babble, you would know there is more than one way the Damascus Road story is told. He had an hallucination

Nonsense. Paul wasn't the only one that claimed to have seen the Resurrected Jesus...so the disciples were hallucinating too? I guess this was the only time in history that people hallucinated about the exact same thing. Second, the hallucination theory doesn't explain the empty tomb...if they were hallucinating, then Jesus' body would have still been in the tomb.

(10-02-2015 08:51 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  OR told an outright lie.

Again, the "they were lying" theory doesn't explain the empty tomb.

(10-02-2015 08:51 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Both are much more probable than "jebus talked to him"

Actually, no they aren't...because we can reject those miniscule objections based on our background knowledge of the narrative.
11-02-2015, 08:26 PM
(10-02-2015 11:00 PM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  I don't understand what you are saying here.

When people direct me to other peoples posts, as if those posts have more virtue than mines Laugh out load

(10-02-2015 11:00 PM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  You're trying to argue that because an animal is living, it's atoms can also be qualified as living.

Um, no I wasn't...there is this thing called "life"...and my question is where did "life" come from? Plain and simple. Very simple and basic question that you people are trying to dance around because you are unable to provide any naturalistic reason as to how life can come from nonlife.

(10-02-2015 11:00 PM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  That's like saying because a computer is Turing complete means that its atoms are Turing complete. You can't qualify atoms as animate or inanimate, as there is no distinction nor definition for 'animate matter'. You can say that for an object that is made of atoms such as an amoeba, but the atoms don't carry the description of living or not.

Ok, so riddle me this...what makes a living organism "alive"??

(10-02-2015 11:00 PM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  So yes, I am living, but that doesn't mean the atoms are classified as 'living'.

Ok, you admit that you are living, so where did the life that makes you "living" come from? I will wait.
11-02-2015, 08:28 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2015 08:40 PM by GirlyMan.)
(11-02-2015 08:21 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Nonsense. Paul wasn't the only one that claimed to have seen the Resurrected Jesus...so the disciples were hallucinating too? I guess this was the only time in history that people hallucinated about the exact same thing.

Never been to an acid party or rave have you, Skippy? And then there's this.

(11-02-2015 08:21 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Second, the hallucination theory doesn't explain the empty tomb...if they were hallucinating, then Jesus' body would have still been in the tomb.

Thomas stole, cooked and ate it 'cause he needed proof (well that and the bath salts). And thus the Holy Sacrament was born.

(11-02-2015 08:26 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  When people direct me to other peoples posts, as if those posts have more virtue than mines Laugh out load

Are we talking grammatical virtue? 'Cause that's kinda obvious.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
11-02-2015, 08:32 PM
(11-02-2015 12:59 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  You should get the "banned for being a dick" award.
My crystal ball sees your future.

What about those they have been "dicks" to me? Do they get banned? Or is it just a "Ban Christians, but ignore what atheists say and do to people on here" kind of thing?