I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
11-02-2015, 08:40 PM
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
(11-02-2015 03:46 PM)Impulse Wrote:  If you go back and read what I quoted from you, you were asking about where the "life force" comes from AS DIFFERENTIATED FROM dead bodies that have no life. It did indeed matter what we call "life" and I addressed that. And it's not "semantic babble". It's facts vs. fiction.

If you can't empirically demonstrate how life could have originated from nonliving material, then this post is meaningless.

(11-02-2015 03:46 PM)Impulse Wrote:  But, if you now want to move the goal posts, fine I'll go there too.

I am not moving goal posts, I use the term "life force" and you people jumped on it as if it was such a big deal....and my point was, regardless of what you call "life", the question is, HOW DID IT GET HERE FROM NONLIVING MATERIAL?

It is a simple freakin' question. All of these red herring tactics that is going on is quite apparent. No scientists has ever been able to demonstrate how life could have originated from nonliving material. You can theorize all you want, but unless you can go in a lab and actually get results, then you are relying on faith, my friend.

(11-02-2015 03:46 PM)Impulse Wrote:  The origin of life is the origin of the assembly of atoms into living forms. That occurred through scientific processes with specific elements existing under the right conditions. Keep in mind, we humans didn't just spring into being instantly in our current form. After a few atoms combined into what we call life, it was very simple microscopic life that was first formed. That microscopic life then evolved and mutated taking billions of years to bring life in all it's varieties into its current state of existence. Science has not yet provided all the complete details, but enough has been established to know that this is true.

It is awfully easy to explain it in text, but awfully hard to go in a lab and demonstrate it, isn't it? Laugh out load
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2015, 08:42 PM
(11-02-2015 08:32 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 12:59 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  You should get the "banned for being a dick" award.
My crystal ball sees your future.

What about those they have been "dicks" to me? Do they get banned? Or is it just a "Ban Christians, but ignore what atheists say and do to people on here" kind of thing?

That's not what we do with witches, silly.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
11-02-2015, 08:46 PM
(11-02-2015 12:59 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  You should get the "banned for being a dick" award.

What about those they have been "dicks" to me? Do they get banned? Or is it just a "Ban Christians, but ignore what atheists say and do to people on here" kind of thing?

As you can see by the sign on the front door, this is an atheist forum.
Banning atheists for being dicks to a christian who's being a dick makes no sense.
Get it dick?
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
11-02-2015, 08:47 PM
(11-02-2015 08:46 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 08:32 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  What about those they have been "dicks" to me? Do they get banned? Or is it just a "Ban Christians, but ignore what atheists say and do to people on here" kind of thing?

As you can see by the sign on the front door, this is an atheist forum.
Banning atheists for being dicks to a christian who's being a dick makes no sense.
Get it dick?

I love you guys
LMAO!!!!!

omg the eternal waaaa of "what about meeee?"

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
11-02-2015, 08:49 PM
(11-02-2015 08:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Never been to an acid party or rave have you, Skippy? And then there's this.

Nope, I don't do drugs...sorry. But hey, I don't judge people that do Big Grin

(11-02-2015 08:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Thomas stole, cooked and ate it 'cause he needed proof (well that and the bath salts). And thus the Holy Sacrament was born.

If Thomas stole, cooked, and ate Jesus' body...that would mean that Jesus existed, right? Laugh out load

(11-02-2015 08:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Are we talking grammatical virtue? 'Cause that's kinda obvious.

The intellectual spankings that I am giving out is also kinda obvious.
11-02-2015, 08:51 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2015 09:30 PM by GirlyMan.)
(10-02-2015 06:11 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(09-02-2015 02:56 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You're not formally trained in this area are you.

Red herring. What does me my "formal training" (or lack thereof) have to do with me accurately stating that science doesn't have a clue as to how life came from nonlife??

ummm .... maybe because you would have to actually understand science for that claim to have any credibility? I'd suggest starting with the definition of "accurately". Baby steps and all that. But that's just me. ... Just thinking out loud here.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
11-02-2015, 08:52 PM
(11-02-2015 08:26 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(10-02-2015 11:00 PM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  You're trying to argue that because an animal is living, it's atoms can also be qualified as living.

Um, no I wasn't...there is this thing called "life"...and my question is where did "life" come from? Plain and simple. Very simple and basic question that you people are trying to dance around because you are unable to provide any naturalistic reason as to how life can come from nonlife.

You didn't ask that initially. You were trying to argue about animate matter coming from inanimate matter, of which is nonsensical.

OK then, thank you for clarifying. The current accepted hypothesis is that the early climate of Earth was conducive to forming basic molecules and proteins of life that eventually led to self replicating organisms, but currently it's not known for certain that happened.

Does that make it acceptable to say you do know it was gawd? Consider

Quote:
(10-02-2015 11:00 PM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  That's like saying because a computer is Turing complete means that its atoms are Turing complete. You can't qualify atoms as animate or inanimate, as there is no distinction nor definition for 'animate matter'. You can say that for an object that is made of atoms such as an amoeba, but the atoms don't carry the description of living or not.

Ok, so riddle me this...what makes a living organism "alive"??

The definition of life in scientific terms is formations of self replicating organic molecules that interact with it's environment, with the caveat that 'life' itself is considerably difficult to define. There maybe something that people consider living that come from something else than the organic matter (which is also an arbitrary term).

Quote:
(10-02-2015 11:00 PM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  So yes, I am living, but that doesn't mean the atoms are classified as 'living'.

Ok, you admit that you are living, so where did the life that makes you "living" come from? I will wait.

That's a nonsense question. What do you mean by 'life'? Where did my body come from? Where did my consciousness come from? Is that what you're asking?

All of that can be answered from conception from my parents and growing up with a developing brain capable of being self-aware.
11-02-2015, 08:54 PM
(11-02-2015 08:46 PM)pablo Wrote:  As you can see by the sign on the front door, this is an atheist forum.

Yeah, I saw the sign...I walked in looking for "thinking" atheists...I am pissed because haven't found any yet tho.

(11-02-2015 08:46 PM)pablo Wrote:  Banning atheists for being dicks to a christian who's being a dick makes no sense.
Get it dick?

"ATHEISTTTTTSSSS....UNITE!!!!" kinda thing going on...I see.
11-02-2015, 08:55 PM
Quote:The intellectual spankings that I am giving out is also kinda obvious.

All you've attempted to do is shift the burden of proof from yourself.
11-02-2015, 08:56 PM

1st rule of the Forum: Don’t be a dick

I’ll draw it out for you just in case.
[Image: dont-be-a-dick.png]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post