I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
11-02-2015, 08:59 PM
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
(11-02-2015 08:54 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 08:46 PM)pablo Wrote:  As you can see by the sign on the front door, this is an atheist forum.

Yeah, I saw the sign...I walked in looking for "thinking" atheists...I am pissed because haven't found any yet tho.

(11-02-2015 08:46 PM)pablo Wrote:  Banning atheists for being dicks to a christian who's being a dick makes no sense.
Get it dick?

"ATHEISTTTTTSSSS....UNITE!!!!" kinda thing going on...I see.

You confuse thinking with whatever it is you do.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
11-02-2015, 09:00 PM
(11-02-2015 08:49 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  If Thomas stole, cooked, and ate Jesus' body...that would mean that Jesus existed, right? Laugh out load

Of course. You're having a dialog with me now. Transubstantiation and whatnot.

(11-02-2015 08:49 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  The intellectual spankings that I am giving out is also kinda obvious.

You're gonna have to do it harder.
[Image: spank.jpg]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
11-02-2015, 09:03 PM
(11-02-2015 08:14 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 01:03 AM)morondog Wrote:  COTW, why dontcha tell us about God in your life? After all it can't *just* be the Bible right? Otherwise you could go read the Bhagavad Gita and be Hindu next week. So... what's God ever done for you?

Has God helped you find your car keys?
Cured your disease?
Given you money?
Helped you when you were down?
Made your business prosper?
Kept you safe in times of danger?
Tested you by doing nasty stuff to you? We all know it's just good fun right? God doing the "refiner's fire" thing...

Glad you asked. I do believe that two major incidents in my life occurred where I believe the power of prayer worked. I will gladly share both stories with you (and others) and be as brief as I can.

First off, I can't "prove" that it was because of God that these things happened, I just accept by faith that they did, based on prayer.

1. I was in the US Army, and was told I had to go to Iraq...this was back in 07, and when I was told, I was very very very nervous...Sadcryface <----kinda like this. A whirl of nervous emotion just took over my body. I didn't want to go lol. So on the bus, traveling to Baltimore on our way to the airport, everyone on the bus seemed to be in good spirits. Most of my fellow soldiers were young, as was I. But everyone seemed to didn't care, that we were being shipped off to a war zone. The bus was packed, and guys and gals were on the bus laughing, playing, making jokes...and I was the ONLY one quiet, nervous...and just flat out SCARED.

So as we were riding, I had my head down..I had my head up against the seat in front of me...face down, eyes closed...so I began to pray...and I asked God to please keep me safe as I began this journey into the unknown..I asked God to watch over me...then I told God, "God, if you exist, I know you are listening to me, and I'd like you to give me a sign to let me know that everything will be ok, that I will get through this." But what sign could he give me? So we are traveling on this highway...on a highway that I've NEVER been on before.

I still had my head down, eyes closed..and I said "Lord, if I am going to make it through this, when I open my eyes and lift my head, the bus will just pass a McDonald's sign on the highway...and I opened my eyes, and slowly lifted my head, and as I looked up, within two seconds, as the bus was flying down the highway, to the right side of the road, THE BUS PASSED A MCDONALD'S SIGN.

Now some of you may say "But there are plenty of Mcdonald's signs on the road", which is true, but I said this prayer at a random place on a road that I've never been on, so what is the probability that we would just HAPPEN to pass that particular sign at that particular location. Not buying it. But I don't expect unbelievers to understand, this is a story that only a believer would understand...or open minded unbelievers.
Or does he do things in a more aloof fashion. Sorta out there in the starlight smiling benevolently down and approving of you trolling atheist forums but not taking an active role?

From that point on, I became filled with joy, and I truly felt that God spoke to me that day...and that is something that is going to stay with me forever.

2. My second story happened just last week, actually. I was riding on my way to scoop the wife up from work, and I saw a lot of commotion at one of the bus stops on the way, and from what I can see, there is this young fella on the ground, shaking tremendously...he was having a seizure. So I parked my vehicle and got out and rushed over there. I don't know if anyone in here ever witnessed someone having a seizure, but it is a scary sight. I walked over there, and closed my eyes and prayed.."Lord, please place your healing hands on this man, I know it is within your power oh heavenly Father" (there were more words than that, but you get the picture), and soon as I ended the prayer with "Amen" and opened my eyes and looked on the ground where the young man was, he had stopped shaking. He was shaking uncontrollably before I began praying, but once I finished praying, all of the shaking stopped!!! He was also slowly beginning to gain coherent speech. I contribute this to the Lord hearing and answering my prayers. Paramedics came and the man went to the hospital, but before he left I told him that I had prayed for him, and that everything would be ok.

Prayer works, people.

Again, I don't expect unbelievers to by any of this...but hey, it isn't for you to understand.

Ok. I was willing to listen to your story. Yeah, I'm always open to hearing someones experiences.

But for christ sake! Jesus fucking Christ! Are you this stupid???!!! This is the most insane, ridiculous, fucked up thinking. Don't you fucking know that seizures, especially epoleptic seizures, only last a few minutes? Even if they aren't epoleptic seizures they won't last long. The seizure stopped because that's what seizures do. My father used to have them and they lasted a few minutes. You are a total tool.

McDonalds on the road! Oh, my god! What are the goddamn chances? Buddy, you believe because you want to believe and believing makes you feel good. It releases dopamines and when a terrified young man on the way to war prayed and a McDonalds came into view, voila, you felt comforted. Well buddy, that's fine. If you want to believe, ok. But don't come on this forum with a bunch of idiot claims and present it as if it's evidence. Claims are not evidence. I repeat.....claims are not evidence.

Every 10 seconds a child in this world dies a horrible painful death and the parents of the child pray hard, harder than you ever thought possible, but the baby dies anyway. You believe in a god that won't lift a finger for a baby but puts a McDonalds fat burger joint next to the side of the road for little ole' you. What an ego you have and not only that, you've put yourself before dying children.

I've presented this challange to many theists that have come on this forum and I'll do the same for you.

Have your god meet me at the Starbucks at 910 SW 2nd St. and Taylor, here in Portland tomorrow at 11:30. I'll buy him/her/it coffee and then I'll drive him over (he won't even have to fly or waft over, I'll drive) to the childrens hospital at Oregon Health Science University's Doernbecher Children's Hospital and excort him to the wing with all the children's suffering from cancer, many not surviving, then he can cure each and every one of them. If he does this, then I'll beleive.

Thus far your god has been a no show, so my expectations aren't too high.

I'm done reading this thread and I'm particularly finished reading your drivel.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 12 users Like dancefortwo's post
11-02-2015, 09:08 PM
(11-02-2015 09:03 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I'm done reading this thread and I'm particularly finished reading your drivel.

You're no fun.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
11-02-2015, 09:14 PM
(11-02-2015 09:08 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 09:03 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I'm done reading this thread and I'm particularly finished reading your drivel.

You're no fun.

It appears to have crawled back under its rock anyway.
11-02-2015, 09:14 PM
(11-02-2015 08:54 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Yeah, I saw the sign...I walked in looking for "thinking" atheists...I am pissed because haven't found any yet tho.

You have to show ID first 'cause we got a policy of not harming children.

11-02-2015, 09:16 PM
(11-02-2015 09:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 08:54 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Yeah, I saw the sign...I walked in looking for "thinking" atheists...I am pissed because haven't found any yet tho.

You have to show ID first 'cause we got a policy of not harming minors.

Miners either.Smile
11-02-2015, 09:18 PM
(10-02-2015 08:00 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(10-02-2015 06:12 PM)unfogged Wrote:  The description of how he appeared to Paul is pretty clear.
As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, “Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?”... The men traveling with Saul stood there speechless; they heard the sound but did not see anyone.

Either way, whether or not he saw Jesus personally or Jesus spoke to him personally, it was still Jesus. So what is the point? Jesus spoke to him, and I will assume if Jesus spoke to you, that would make you a believer as well...sooo?

The point is, if Jesus never existed..I wouldn't expect him to be seen or heard from at ALL.

(10-02-2015 06:12 PM)unfogged Wrote:  He does not have to write "it was a vision" to be clear that it wasn't like he actually met Jesus walking down the road.

Assuming that he is even talking about the road to Damasus event. It could have been a completely different encounter with Jesus that he was referring to.

(10-02-2015 06:12 PM)unfogged Wrote:  That doesn't counter what I said. The stories of the disciples as recorded in the NT are late versions. We do not know what the specific beliefs were before then. Paul mentions a resurrection but with little detail.

Nonsense. First of all, late versions of what? An earlier story?? Laugh out load If the story is a late version, then that means that there was an earlier version, right? And the problem is, the earlier you go back, the more closer you will get to the event itself. And since 1Corin was written about 25 years after the event, you don't have much time to play with Big Grin As I said, the belief in the Resurrection is early stuff, even according to your own unsolicited admission. Second, again, when he claimed that Jesus appeared to him, that is his personal story, and you can only date that event itself to within 5 years of the cross. So again, early stuff.

Quote:quote='unfogged' pid='733317' dateline='1423514542']

Where did Jesus first appear, and to who? How long did he remain before ascending?

You tell me. You are the one crying contradiction Big Grin

Quote:quote='unfogged' pid='733317' dateline='1423514542']
The evidence is comparable. You should apply the same critical thinking to the bible that you do to the Quran and the Book of Mormon.
I believe most of the people in the bible saw exactly what they say they saw. Paranoid schizophrenia is very common. People who suffered from it where considered mystics, shamans and people able to see beyond the material world in ancient times. I have no doubt the lunatics talked to snakes and burning bushes and saw dead people rise. Really crazy people are really crazy no matter what age they lived in.

(10-02-2015 06:12 PM)unfogged Wrote:  They were mistaken

(10-02-2015 06:12 PM)unfogged Wrote:  ; they dreamed or hallucinated it;

(10-02-2015 06:12 PM)unfogged Wrote:  most any mundane explanation would be considerably more plausible than a miracle

(10-02-2015 06:12 PM)unfogged Wrote:  So it's special pleading then. That's about what I expected.

It is about accepting the system of beliefs that has more explanatory evidence...and I believe Christianity does.
11-02-2015, 09:22 PM
(11-02-2015 09:14 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 09:08 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You're no fun.

It appears to have crawled back under its rock anyway.

I dismissed it a few pages ago. It's so fucking stupid that it likely listened to me.

Drinking Beverage

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
11-02-2015, 09:36 PM
(11-02-2015 08:32 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  ...
What about those they have been "dicks" to me? Do they get banned? Or is it just a "Ban Christians, but ignore what atheists say and do to people on here" kind of thing?

Please read the Info pages if you are unaware of the rules

(11-02-2015 08:46 PM)pablo Wrote:  ...
Banning atheists for being dicks to a christian who's being a dick makes no sense.

Can happen, though Angel

(11-02-2015 08:49 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  ...
The intellectual spankings that I am giving out is also kinda obvious.

Did I miss something? Please provide link to these spankings?

Meanwhile ... we're still waiting for you to live up to your promise to debate someone. Here. If you hadn't noticed.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post