I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
12-02-2015, 11:59 AM
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
(12-02-2015 02:58 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(12-02-2015 02:50 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Damn, 54 pages? You guys have a Sparks notes link for this thread yet? Not sure if I should accept or not...

1) god's imaginary
2) baby reds are the preferred choice for potato salad
3) some bs about trains and ponies

And apparently McDonald's...

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
12-02-2015, 12:07 PM
(12-02-2015 11:59 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(12-02-2015 02:58 AM)Nurse Wrote:  1) god's imaginary
2) baby reds are the preferred choice for potato salad
3) some bs about trains and ponies

And apparently McDonald's...

He has to be pulling our legs with the McDonald's story. Either that, or he's really really stupid -- and really really gullible...
12-02-2015, 12:10 PM
(12-02-2015 10:46 AM)pablo Wrote:  
(12-02-2015 10:06 AM)Impulse Wrote:  A taste of hell?

Eve was made from a McRib. Tongue

Aw hell, even God doesn't use quality parts anymore. Dodgy

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
12-02-2015, 12:11 PM
(12-02-2015 12:07 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(12-02-2015 11:59 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  And apparently McDonald's...

He has to be pulling our legs with the McDonald's story. Either that, or he's really really stupid -- and really really gullible...

Why not both? Rolleyes

Atir aissom atir imon
12-02-2015, 12:12 PM
So far the jury is out on if he actually wants a real debate. He has yet to reply to the debate he accepted in the boxing ring. If he's just interested in bloviating then fine, but so far I'm not impressed with his approach. If this continues I'll just move this thread into the Melee.

So just in case...

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...f-the-wild

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

12-02-2015, 12:15 PM
(12-02-2015 12:12 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So far the jury is out on if he actually wants a real debate. He has yet to reply to the debate he accepted in the boxing ring. If he's just interested in bloviating then fine, but so far I'm not impressed with his approach. If this continues I'll just move this thread into the Melee.

So just in case...

I'm gonna need spark notes for his post as well. Damn, my attention span is as short as a gold fish's today.

Atir aissom atir imon
12-02-2015, 12:18 PM
(12-02-2015 12:12 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So far the jury is out on if he actually wants a real debate. He has yet to reply to the debate he accepted in the boxing ring. If he's just interested in bloviating then fine, but so far I'm not impressed with his approach. If this continues I'll just move this thread into the Melee.

So just in case...

Melee, that's all it's been so far...with a touch of Big Mac Smile

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
12-02-2015, 05:26 PM
Just an update on the Starbucks meeting with God here in Portland today I went there to meet a friend, ordered a latte, sat down with my friend to wait for God and the bastard didn't show.

I was fucking stood up by God. Of course, this isn't the first time.

But what's far worse is that the children at Doernbecher Children's Hospital were screwed and they're still fighting cancer, no thanks to God.

Woopie, the OP thanks God for putting a McDonalds on the corner but the children with cancer get nothin'.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
12-02-2015, 05:28 PM
I suspect this "god" guy is a deadbeat dad........

After all -- look what happened to his only kid..........

Fcknasshole

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
12-02-2015, 05:45 PM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2015 05:54 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
arguments from personal experience are always a messy deal. For example, lets say call of the wild purchases a lottery ticket tonight, along with 100 million other americans. Lets say as per religiosity demographics of the US, 60% of those purchasers are one of the 40,000+ strains of xtian delusion. That is 60 million xtians, All of which, including our dear friend call of the wild, utter a "please god let me win the lottery" prayer.

Tomorrow the winner gets announced, and OMG Call of the wild is the mega lottery winner! he will INSIST and THANK publicly god for answering his prayer.......you will be unable to convince him otherwise, he has just experienced GOD. Like all xtians, he will give god the glory for everything good in his life, and everything bad is either the work of the devil or "god's plan."

The point he and others who experience a "personal experience" miss is if you look hard enough for something, you will find it, whether it exists or not. He also misses the fact that it isn't a miracle, it is chance and circumstance, the same odds that led to life incidentally. Remember, 100,000,001 people purchased a lottery ticket, COTW won, and to him, this fact indicates god's existence by prayer, to the other 60 million xtians whose ticket didn't come in, well...it was just god's will. Rolleyes

Incidentally, I thought he wanted a debate, he needs to spend his time trying to figure out how he is going to debunk the substantiated facts, backed by historical evidence, and cited for ease of validation that I so kindly delivered to him free of charge. It takes people years to learn those things...trust me. Maybe if he prays for help he will receive some inspiration. "please god, help me come up with some BS to answer GWG's post." I kind of feel bad for him, what do you come back with when the atheist has the facts, reason, logic and evidence on his side and all you have is a debunked fictional book and belief in a fabricated fairy tale sprinkled with some whimsical philosophical "transcendental" beliefs?

Flex

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 4 users Like goodwithoutgod's post