I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
14-02-2015, 09:57 AM
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
(12-02-2015 05:45 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Incidentally, I thought he wanted a debate, he needs to spend his time trying to figure out how he is going to debunk the substantiated facts, backed by historical evidence, and cited for ease of validation that I so kindly delivered to him free of charge. It takes people years to learn those things...trust me. Maybe if he prays for help he will receive some inspiration. "please god, help me come up with some BS to answer GWG's post." I kind of feel bad for him, what do you come back with when the atheist has the facts, reason, logic and evidence on his side and all you have is a debunked fictional book and belief in a fabricated fairy tale sprinkled with some whimsical philosophical "transcendental" beliefs?

Flex

I had to delete the lottery NONSENSE to focus on this. Allow me to fill you in on something, GWG...normally, the guy that ISSUES the challenge to his opponent...he usually isn't scared, or worried about what his opponent is going to do.

Just sayin'.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-02-2015, 10:03 AM
And they call atheists "arrogant".

Oh, the irony.

Laugh out load

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
14-02-2015, 10:04 AM
No, really! I opened my eyes and there it was! A super-rare McDonalds sign! A miracle I tell you! Yes

[Image: mcd-bagels-billboards.jpg]

[Image: McD-lemonade-location3-lres.jpg]

All praise Ronald McDonald.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
14-02-2015, 10:10 AM
(14-02-2015 09:32 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  The only thing you’ve shut down is your reasoning skills.

In my short tenure on here, people have argued the possibility of whether something can pop into being uncaused out of nothing, and whether inanimate matter can suddenly come to life and begin talking, thinking, and having sex...

Yet, my reasoning skills is shut down? Laugh out load

(14-02-2015 09:32 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Oh, well in that case...Laughat
http://www.radiolab.org/story/91684-stochasticity/
You equate randomness with miracles, if you had any understanding of the laws of probability you would rethink your “miracle”. Unfortunately for you you have drunk so much Kool-Aid you can’t analyze reality without your ingrained disposition to insert woo into it.

Laws of probability? Ok, so if you were kidnapped by ISIS (in that scenario), using the law of probability...would you be optimistic about your situation??? Laugh out load

(14-02-2015 09:32 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Your ignorance of medical symptoms DOES NOT EQUATE to miracles. Facepalm

Oh, you are right. I am just saying...shaking/before prayer....stopped shaking/after prayer.

Now, on your twisted view, if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it is probably a pelican Laugh out load

(14-02-2015 09:32 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  You have become my poster boy for all the things that are wrong with the religious. Congratulations. Thumbsup

So because I believe God answered my prayers, I am the reason for all the things wrong with religion??? Consider
14-02-2015, 10:23 AM
(14-02-2015 08:39 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 09:45 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  #2 - Laying of the hands huh? I don’t want to shake you up too much ( Big Grin ) but...
http://www.epilepsy.com/learn/epilepsy-1...ng-seizure
"As the seizure ends, the postictal phase occurs - this is the recovery period after the seizure. Some people recover immediately while others may take minutes to hours to feel like their usual self.”

To give yourself and your prayer credit for bringing a seizure to an end has to be one of the most hubris filled (go ahead, look up hubris if you need to, take your time, we have all day) egotistical, pompous (go ahead, I’ll wait for this one too) arrogant, pretentious and supercilious (really? fine, I’ll continue to wait) things I’ve ever heard! Holy fucking shit! While you’re at it since you seem to have a direct line to the Big Guy why don’t you walk into the closest Children’s Hospital and lay your hands on them and cure them all? Dude with your Powers of Prayer it is a travesty that you haven’t done this already. What’s wrong with you, are you that selfish?

The guy was shaking before I said the prayer, and he stopped after I said the prayer, point blank, period. Now, this is just one of the brute facts in life...the guy was shaking before...and he stopped immediately after..plain and simple...you can call it what you want to call it. I am calling it how I see it, and that is that my prayers were answered by the living God.

Nope, nothing here about Laying of the Hands Consider
Is there anyway Call_of_the_Ronald here could be mistaken? Any way this might have been a coincidence? Any possible way the man was entering the postictal phase of the seizure? ANY FUCKING WAY AT ALL?

[Image: 07ed6afdcb0ffeb6606b16bf51d3cf74.jpg]

By your ignorant statement you do two things:
1. You belittle every first responder, paramedic, EMT member that walks the earth and
2. You promote a dangerous misunderstanding to anyone who you tell this story to and believes you. Because now these gullible people will try to replicate your “miracle” instead of offering the proper FIRST AID help.

(14-02-2015 08:39 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  As far as Children's Hospital is concerned...that did cross my mind...for example, I thought about how I would have felt if I laid hands on the guy and instead of saying a personal prayer to God for him, I said "In that name of Jesus, you are healed!!!" and then the guy stopped shaking and got up off the ground as if he was never there in the first place. Do I believe that it can happen? Hell yeah....do I have the faith that it will happen, not quite, unfortunately.

Your flights of fantasy would be funnier if they didn’t have real life negative consequences.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
14-02-2015, 10:43 AM
(14-02-2015 10:10 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  ...
shaking/before prayer....stopped shaking/after prayer.

Couldn't find my keys / before prayer .... found my keys / after prayer.

Gasp

Cracking me up, here. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Gullibility threshold ... embarrassingly low Poe.

Great entertainment, though. Thumbsup

14-02-2015, 10:44 AM
(14-02-2015 10:10 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  In my short tenure on here, people have argued the possibility of whether something can pop into being uncaused out of nothing, and whether inanimate matter can suddenly come to life and begin talking, thinking, and having sex...

Yet, my reasoning skills is shut down? Laugh out load

*are shut down - yes
You mischaracterize the hypothesis, this now makes you not just ignornant but disingenuous as well. Congratulations once again on strenghtening my argument.

(14-02-2015 10:10 AM)‘Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Oh, you are right. I am just saying...shaking/before prayer....stopped shaking/after prayer.

Now, on your twisted view, if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it is probably a pelican Laugh out load

See my other post above Ronald_of_the_Audubon

(14-02-2015 10:10 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  So because I believe God answered my prayers, I am the reason for all the things wrong with religion??? Consider

Yes. Because when you promote anything other than tried and true FIRST AID help you put people’s lives at risk.

Imagine the following scenario: You or someone you cared about is in accident. EMT shows up, runs over to you and instead of putting pressure on your gushing wound they instead lay hands on your forehead and begin to pray. The EMT would be convicted of malpractice and thrown in jail, you would be sent to the morgue. Reprehensible and avoidable.

14-02-2015, 10:47 AM
(14-02-2015 10:43 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(14-02-2015 10:10 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  ...
shaking/before prayer....stopped shaking/after prayer.

Couldn't find my keys / before prayer .... found my keys / after prayer.

Gasp

[Image: dd79675e2c6a591067254998686d5a3c.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
14-02-2015, 10:52 AM
(14-02-2015 09:57 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(12-02-2015 05:45 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Incidentally, I thought he wanted a debate, he needs to spend his time trying to figure out how he is going to debunk the substantiated facts, backed by historical evidence, and cited for ease of validation that I so kindly delivered to him free of charge. It takes people years to learn those things...trust me. Maybe if he prays for help he will receive some inspiration. "please god, help me come up with some BS to answer GWG's post." I kind of feel bad for him, what do you come back with when the atheist has the facts, reason, logic and evidence on his side and all you have is a debunked fictional book and belief in a fabricated fairy tale sprinkled with some whimsical philosophical "transcendental" beliefs?

Flex

I had to delete the lottery NONSENSE to focus on this. Allow me to fill you in on something, GWG...normally, the guy that ISSUES the challenge to his opponent...he usually isn't scared, or worried about what his opponent is going to do.

Just sayin'.

The fact that you are delusional is irrelevant. You have repeatedly demonstrated your complete ignorance of almost every academic field. You are totally unable to engage with anyone concerning the SUBSTANCE of any argument, including your own. All you can do is repeat your simplistic garbage. The universe has been proven to be non-intuitive. Your "popping out" crap is intellectual manure. Nothing can "pop out" UNLESS the structure of the universe is already in place. Your argument is therefore meaningless.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
14-02-2015, 11:28 AM
(14-02-2015 10:43 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Couldn't find my keys / before prayer .... found my keys / after prayer.

Gasp

Patting yourself on the back for a false analogy? I am not saying that I prayed for a McDonalds sign, and within a half hour, I saw a McDonalds sign...or that I prayed for young man to stop shaking, and after going to the hospital, he stopped shaking.

I am talking about IMMEDIATE results...soon as I opened m eyes and looked to the front of the bus, we passed a McDonalds sign...and soon as I said the prayer and opened my eyes, the man stopped shaking.

This is different than I misplaced my car keys, prayed, and found them 15 minutes later.