I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
14-02-2015, 11:31 AM
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
(14-02-2015 10:52 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The fact that you are delusional is irrelevant. You have repeatedly demonstrated your complete ignorance of almost every academic field. You are totally unable to engage with anyone concerning the SUBSTANCE of any argument, including your own. All you can do is repeat your simplistic garbage. The universe has been proven to be non-intuitive. Your "popping out" crap is intellectual manure. Nothing can "pop out" UNLESS the structure of the universe is already in place. Your argument is therefore meaningless.

Still trying, Bucky? You just go ahead and keep trying...because one of these days, I will let you win an argument against me. I admire the effort, though Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-02-2015, 12:06 PM
(14-02-2015 09:36 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Well hell, if you are admitting that it is difficult, that says a lot..because after all, nature figured it out, and it can't see, or think...so how come a mindless and blind process is able to do something that intelligent human beings can't do?

The origin of life is not a simple matter to answer. If you think it is, write a paper and submit it for peer-review. You'll become one of the most famous scientists that ever lived. But I guess you don't have that answer, right?

Right, that's because it isn't simple.

(14-02-2015 09:36 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  I don't believe that evolution (without a divine hand involved) can be said to be a fact.

What you personally believe is meaningless and irrelevant. You need to give arguments for your assertions. Organisms evolve, and I don't see why this is so hard to understand or even accept.

(14-02-2015 09:36 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  How is "nature of the gaps" any more of an explanation than God of the Gaps?

Nice try. However the explanations given by scientists are based on evidence. You won't find scientists saying "Well, I don't know why that happened... Must have been X!"

It's unscientific and doesn't make sense. It brings no knowledge. When humans thought thunders happened because of Zeus, they were trying to give an explanation to it. They failed to give the right one, and they used the same argument.

Now we know that thunders are simply electric discharges, only much bigger than the one of a taser gun.

(14-02-2015 09:36 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Looks like science is fighting an uphill battle.

What are you referring to?

Also, Girlyman is obviously a "he".

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
14-02-2015, 12:14 PM
(14-02-2015 12:06 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Also, Girlyman is obviously a "he".

Pointing out the obvious to a delusional person - that may not work out as intended.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
14-02-2015, 12:33 PM
(14-02-2015 11:28 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(14-02-2015 10:43 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Couldn't find my keys / before prayer .... found my keys / after prayer.

Gasp

Cracking me up, here. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Gullibility threshold ... embarrassingly low Poe.

Great entertainment, though. Thumbsup

Patting yourself on the back for a false analogy? I am not saying that I prayed for a McDonalds sign, and within a half hour, I saw a McDonalds sign...or that I prayed for young man to stop shaking, and after going to the hospital, he stopped shaking.

I am talking about IMMEDIATE results...soon as I opened m eyes and looked to the front of the bus, we passed a McDonalds sign...and soon as I said the prayer and opened my eyes, the man stopped shaking.

This is different than I misplaced my car keys, prayed, and found them 15 minutes later.

Nope. I prayed, then immediately put my hand in my pocket and there they were.

Hah! Explain that! Obviously a miracle.

Simply no other explanation.

Laugh out load

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
14-02-2015, 12:40 PM
(14-02-2015 11:31 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(14-02-2015 10:52 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The fact that you are delusional is irrelevant. You have repeatedly demonstrated your complete ignorance of almost every academic field. You are totally unable to engage with anyone concerning the SUBSTANCE of any argument, including your own. All you can do is repeat your simplistic garbage. The universe has been proven to be non-intuitive. Your "popping out" crap is intellectual manure. Nothing can "pop out" UNLESS the structure of the universe is already in place. Your argument is therefore meaningless.

Still trying, Bucky? You just go ahead and keep trying...because one of these days, I will let you win an argument against me. I admire the effort, though Thumbsup

You just keep telling yourself that.
You have not once even presented one real argument for anything since you arrived here. As usual, you are totally UNABLE to address the CONTENT of any argument. All you can do is strut around the edges and claim you won something. There is NOT ONE person here or reading ANYTHING you wrote here that agrees you "won" anything, (except a dunce cap). Can't you ask your Jebus to get you a brain ? But thanks for playing. You do the cause of atheism more good than you could imagine. Thumbsup

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
14-02-2015, 01:32 PM
Goofiest logic ever --- "The guy was having a seizure and he stopped when I finished praying".....

Well DUH!!!!

Why would you keep praying if he wasn't seizing anymore?????

Do you lift the toilet lid AFTER you're done taking a leak?????

I wouldn't be surprised.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
14-02-2015, 01:35 PM (This post was last modified: 14-02-2015 03:28 PM by Full Circle.)
(14-02-2015 08:39 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  As far as Children's Hospital is concerned...that did cross my mind...for example, I thought about how I would have felt if I laid hands on the guy and instead of saying a personal prayer to God for him, I said "In that name of Jesus, you are healed!!!" and then the guy stopped shaking and got up off the ground as if he was never there in the first place. Do I believe that it can happen? Hell yeah....do I have the faith that it will happen, not quite, unfortunately.

Holy Golden Arches Ronald! There are limits to your ego!

So, let me summarize:
-You have just enough faith to produce a McDonalds sign Laugh out load and place your hands on a person having a seizure just as they come out of it. Facepalm
-You don’t have enough faith to heal children in a hospital. Consider

According to you these are “miracles” (the laws of nature are suspended) even though the preponderance of evidence points to randomness of daily occurring events.
(What you aren’t divulging is just how many times you have prayed and nothing happened. Undoubtedly you’ll wave those off for “godly reasons”.)

Why don’t you conduct an experiment, let’s call it a trial instead, the word experiment has too much of a sciency connotation that I know you abhor. Go up to every amputee you see and lay your hands on them and say “In that name of Jesus, you are healed!!!" where they regrow their limb then get back to us with your results, we’ll wait. Drinking Beverage

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
14-02-2015, 01:56 PM
(14-02-2015 11:31 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  

You sir, are a fraud.

That will be all.

Thank you.

Drinking Beverage

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
14-02-2015, 01:57 PM
[Image: bigmac.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
14-02-2015, 03:25 PM (This post was last modified: 14-02-2015 03:42 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
I dealt with his delusions in the boxing ring, sadly, I gooned up the formatting so severely it doesn't show up in the box, Thankfully, as I was redoing it is small chunks, DLJ fixed it, then I thought it would be a great idea to click edit and fix a couple bolding areas, hit post, and its blank again Weeping fail. But wait til you guys read the things he presented Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load oh good times, I havent laughed this hard in years...hopefully DLJ is feeling kind and will save the ol man once again...twice Confused

at Mcdonald'ssssss we do it all for you Flex

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)