I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
14-02-2015, 03:37 PM
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
(14-02-2015 03:25 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I dealt with his delusions in the boxing ring, sadly, I gooned up the formatting so severely it doesn't show up in the box, Thankfully, as I was redoing it is small chunks, DLJ fixed it, then I thought it would be a great idea to click edit and fix a couple bolding areas, hit post, and its blank again Weeping fail. But wait to you guys read the things he presented Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load oh good times, I havent laughed this hard in years...hopefully DLJ is feeling kind and will save the ol man once again...twice Confused

at Mcdonald'ssssss we do it all for you Flex

Done!

Don't do it again or I'll slap ya!

Angry

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
14-02-2015, 03:41 PM
(14-02-2015 03:37 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(14-02-2015 03:25 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I dealt with his delusions in the boxing ring, sadly, I gooned up the formatting so severely it doesn't show up in the box, Thankfully, as I was redoing it is small chunks, DLJ fixed it, then I thought it would be a great idea to click edit and fix a couple bolding areas, hit post, and its blank again Weeping fail. But wait to you guys read the things he presented Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load oh good times, I havent laughed this hard in years...hopefully DLJ is feeling kind and will save the ol man once again...twice Confused

at Mcdonald'ssssss we do it all for you Flex

Done!

Don't do it again or I'll slap ya!

Angry

You're my hero Flex

I know it is like 5am there, sorry I made such a mess. In the future I will do small posts, rather than dropping the full load on them like I did this guy. Blush

wait....wut.... Laughat

Thanks DLJ, I owe you a case of beer or something.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
14-02-2015, 06:45 PM (This post was last modified: 14-02-2015 07:34 PM by true scotsman.)
I know where life came from Call of the Wild. It came from existence. It is a product of existence. No I am not being flippant at all. I'm being serious here. The only other alternative is that it originated from non existence.

Scientists have come a loooooonnnnnng way since the Miller-Urey experiments. You might want to check out the work of John Sutherland and his team of researchers. They have made another big breakthrough in showing that life could have arisen from natural processes. You see, scientists do not have to actually re-create the entire process of abiogenesis in order to show that it is possible. I'm convinced that they have already shown enough of the steps to demonstrate this. They have a hell of a lot more evidence to show than you do. You've already admitted, to your credit, that there is no alternative but to use our imaginations if we want to apprehend what you call "God". Scientists can show you, step by step, how they have demonstrated the steps which they already have, which is to the point of self replicating RNA inside a cell membrane. They have shown that this much happens spontaneously with out an intelligence directing it.

What is life? Is a virus alive? I don't think so. Some viruses are nothing more than a short strand of RNA. Others are quite sophisticated. At what point does a complex arrangement of molecules become life? I don't know. That's a question for scientists, and only scientists, to answer. All I know as a philosopher, is that life came from existence, and I dare you to say it didn't.

Edited for spelling.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 2 users Like true scotsman's post
14-02-2015, 07:04 PM
(14-02-2015 09:36 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(12-02-2015 04:12 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  While we are approaching the solution and theories like Abiogenesis are being put forth (while Evolution has tons of evidence, this one not yet), yes, we are not sure yet.

I don't believe that evolution (without a divine hand involved) can be said to be a fact.

The imperfect replication of replicators will inescapably, inexorably, inevitably result in evolution.
In biological evolution, some organisms will reproduce more successfully and their genes will persist in the gene pool.

So, evolution is a certainty.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
14-02-2015, 07:10 PM
(14-02-2015 12:06 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  The origin of life is not a simple matter to answer. If you think it is, write a paper and submit it for peer-review. You'll become one of the most famous scientists that ever lived. But I guess you don't have that answer, right? Right, that's because it isn't simple.

No, it isn't simple...but nature figured it out...and it figured it out with no vision and no intelligence...I will expect humans with vision and intelligence to be able to figure it out much quicker than nature, or should I lower my expectations and admit that nature is smarter than humans?

(14-02-2015 12:06 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  What you personally believe is meaningless and irrelevant.

So is the belief of everyone on here that "believes" there is no God.

(14-02-2015 12:06 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  You need to give arguments for your assertions. Organisms evolve, and I don't see why this is so hard to understand or even accept.

Right, organisms evolve...but there is a limit to the evolution....wolf to a dog (even though I believe a dog and a wolf are the same kind)..a dog to a wolf is cool....but a reptile to a bird? Not so cool.

But lets save the evolution debate for another thread.

(14-02-2015 12:06 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Nice try. However the explanations given by scientists are based on evidence. You won't find scientists saying "Well, I don't know why that happened... Must have been X!"

Explanations by believers are based on evidence too. Believers are just smart enough to know there is a limit to scientific methodology...and where science stops, metaphysics take over.

(14-02-2015 12:06 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  It's unscientific and doesn't make sense. It brings no knowledge. When humans thought thunders happened because of Zeus, they were trying to give an explanation to it. They failed to give the right one, and they used the same argument.

It does bring knowledge...it is called "theology"...which is the study of the nature (or concepts) of god(s)..now, that may not bring any knowledge for you, but you can't speak for all of the theologians out there.

As far as Zeus is concerned...I believe that the Greeks had the right concept, just the wrong God Big Grin

(14-02-2015 12:06 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Now we know that thunders are simply electric discharges, only much bigger than the one of a taser gun.

We also know that the universe is not eternal, but it had a beginning, which is what believers have been saying for 4,000 years, and what science has just recently jumped on the bandwagon with us for.

(14-02-2015 12:06 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  What are you referring to?

I will put it to you this way, Poly: Even if (and that is a big "if"), science was about to explain life from nonlife..hypothetically speaking, that STILL doesn't explain the origin of consciousness, or the origins of the universe. So you (science) has at least three problems you have to iron out, and I don't think that it will ever be figured out.

Again, hypothetically speaking, lets say that science has been able to figure out life from nonlife, right? Well, then you have to deal with the origin of consciousness, which is a completely independent problem.

So, what do we have here? That would be similar to you running through the woods from Michael Myers...you are running, and you are too fast, and he is too slow...and as you are running, you run upon a paved road, and you try to run from one side of the road to the other side, and as you get to the middle of the road...BAM, you are hit by a mack truck that is going 70 mph.

The point? Well, you got pass one problem, now you have a completely different problem on your hands, buddy...a problem that has nothing to do with good ole Mike Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

(14-02-2015 12:06 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Also, Girlyman is obviously a "he".

That is obvious?
14-02-2015, 07:13 PM
(14-02-2015 12:33 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Nope. I prayed, then immediately put my hand in my pocket and there they were.

Hah! Explain that! Obviously a miracle.

Simply no other explanation.

*Godfather voice* "A man that does not check his pockets first for misplaced keys is not a reasonable man".

Laugh out load
14-02-2015, 07:25 PM
(14-02-2015 01:35 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  So, let me summarize:
-You have just enough faith to produce a McDonalds sign Laugh out load and place your hands on a person having a seizure just as they come out of it. Facepalm
-You don’t have enough faith to heal children in a hospital. Consider

I think that is a fair assessment of things Yes

(14-02-2015 01:35 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  According to you these are “miracles” (the laws of nature are suspended) even though the preponderance of evidence points to randomness of daily occurring events.

There is no such thing as "randomness"...nothing "just happens"...everything is planned Big Grin

(14-02-2015 01:35 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  (What you aren’t divulging is just how many times you have prayed and nothing happened. Undoubtedly you’ll wave those off for “godly reasons”.)

Because I don't pray to God FOR things...I pray to God for what I already have. Fortunately, I've been blessed these past 3 years...and while I do yearn for more, when the time is right, guess who I will be talking to???

(14-02-2015 01:35 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Why don’t you conduct an experiment, let’s call it a trial instead, the word experiment has too much of a sciency connotation that I know you abhor. Go up to every amputee you see and lay your hands on them and say “In that name of Jesus, you are healed!!!" where they regrow their limb then get back to us with your results, we’ll wait. Drinking Beverage

Its funny how you want me to conduct a "trial" to put God to the test for something that would be deemed completely unnatural...when you can't even perform a test and get results for things that are supposed to be considered natural.

When you can go in a lab and create life from nonlife (you know, actual science), then I will be glad to go in a hospital and heal an amputee.
14-02-2015, 07:29 PM (This post was last modified: 14-02-2015 07:37 PM by pablo.)
Quote:I will expect humans with vision and intelligence to be able to figure it out much quicker than nature, or should I lower my expectations and admit that nature is smarter than humans?

Humans are part of nature, we are not supernatural, nor devine. Nature does not "figure it out" like humans approach a problem. Nature does not have human intelligence.
The natural world has no need to be in a hurry, it has a much longer lifespan than humans.
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
14-02-2015, 07:34 PM
(14-02-2015 07:25 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(14-02-2015 01:35 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  So, let me summarize:
-You have just enough faith to produce a McDonalds sign Laugh out load and place your hands on a person having a seizure just as they come out of it. Facepalm
-You don’t have enough faith to heal children in a hospital. Consider

I think that is a fair assessment of things Yes

(14-02-2015 01:35 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  According to you these are “miracles” (the laws of nature are suspended) even though the preponderance of evidence points to randomness of daily occurring events.

There is no such thing as "randomness"...nothing "just happens"...everything is planned Big Grin

(14-02-2015 01:35 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  (What you aren’t divulging is just how many times you have prayed and nothing happened. Undoubtedly you’ll wave those off for “godly reasons”.)

Because I don't pray to God FOR things...I pray to God for what I already have. Fortunately, I've been blessed these past 3 years...and while I do yearn for more, when the time is right, guess who I will be talking to???

(14-02-2015 01:35 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Why don’t you conduct an experiment, let’s call it a trial instead, the word experiment has too much of a sciency connotation that I know you abhor. Go up to every amputee you see and lay your hands on them and say “In that name of Jesus, you are healed!!!" where they regrow their limb then get back to us with your results, we’ll wait. Drinking Beverage

Its funny how you want me to conduct a "trial" to put God to the test for something that would be deemed completely unnatural...when you can't even perform a test and get results for things that are supposed to be considered natural.

When you can go in a lab and create life from nonlife (you know, actual science), then I will be glad to go in a hospital and heal an amputee.

After reading your replies in this post, you must be one of two things CotW.
Incredibly stupid, or utterly and willfully ignorant.
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
14-02-2015, 07:36 PM
(14-02-2015 07:29 PM)pablo Wrote:  
Quote:I will expect humans with vision and intelligence to be able to figure it out much quicker than nature, or should I lower my expectations and admit that nature is smarter than humans?

Humans are part of nature, we are not supernatural, nor devine. Nature does not "figure it out" like humans approach a problem. Nature does not have human intelligence.
The natural world has no need to be in a hurry, it has a much longer lifespan that humans.

This forum needs a really like button to go with the like button.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 2 users Like true scotsman's post