I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
15-02-2015, 07:06 AM
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
(14-02-2015 11:05 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Before we head down this dead end how about supporting your initial assertion that everything happens for a reason.

Actually, before we head down this dead end about me supporting my assertion that everything happens for a reason, how about you respond to my ISIS analogy, you know, the one that I asked you to give me a yes or no answer to?

I like how you conveniently bypassed that question, yet you are so quick to respond to everything else.

(14-02-2015 11:05 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Go ahead and back peddle as fast as possible from your ridiculous stories. I don’t blame you after the spanking you’ve been handed. Laugh out load Bet you wish you’d never brought those up huh?

Oh no, not at all, and this goes right back to the ISIS analogy (that you failed to respond to). You see, if you wouldn't bet me the million dollars that you would pass the McDonald's sign, then you obviously don't think that the odds are in your favor...which is equivalent to me not thinking the odds would be in my favor when I asked for the sign.

You see, everyone wants to talk about how high the probability was, but if you ask them to bet money or any other valuable of theirs that the same thing would happen to them, then they won't do it Laugh out load But the odds are sooo high, though?

Man, please.

(14-02-2015 11:05 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  You contradict yourself sparky, either he can’t work outside Nature therfore cannot cure the amputees OR he can, as you now state, and nothing should be impossible for your sky-daddy. You know what they say about eating cake and having it too. Thumbsup

Um, I am saying that he can, sparky. Sooo, what is the point being made here?? Healing amputees? Jesus placed his hand on the ear of the servant of the high priest that came to arrest him (Luke 22:51), and the man was immediately healed.

So its not about CAN it be done, buddy. That shouldn't even be the question.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2015, 08:03 AM
Since Call_of_Nature has declined to continue the debate with GWoG (they've decided to make it fireside chat instead) we still haven't actually seen any debating yet ... despite the thread title.

It has become blatantly clear though, that the first debate should be regarding the definitions of 'evidence', 'proof', 'historicity, etc.

Otherwise, it's just going to get more and more embarrassing for Call_of_Nature and he won't even understand why we're laughing at him.

The wider question, Murika, is WTF is wrong with your education system?

Seriously. In other, more civilised counties, people are usually aware of their level of ignorance and work at doing something about it. The US seems to produce people who are high in self-esteem but low in self-awareness.

Sort it out!
'

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
15-02-2015, 08:06 AM
(15-02-2015 08:03 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Since Call_of_Nature has declined to continue the debate with GWoG (they've decided to make it fireside chat instead) we still haven't actually seen any debating yet ... despite the thread title.

It has become blatantly clear though, that the first debate should be regarding the definitions of 'evidence', 'proof', 'Historicity, etc.

Otherwise, it's just going to get more and more embarrassing for Call_of_Nature and he won't even understand why we're laughing at him.

Seriously. In other, more civilised counties, people are usually aware of their level of ignorance and work at doing something about it. The US seems to produce people who are high in self-esteem but low in self-awareness.

Sort it out!
'

fixt that for ya

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
15-02-2015, 08:12 AM
(15-02-2015 01:11 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Almost everything in that collection of, lets call them, sentences makes utterly no sense. You are brandishing about your ignorance of the subject matter as if it were a mark of bloody pride. It's not a fucking puzzle box for nature to "figure out", nature was not sitting around with a bunch of lifeless rocks, with a copy of "Chemistry to Biology For Dummies", conducting experiments like a thinking agent.

First off, I could care less about your over-the-top emotionally charged angry rants.

(15-02-2015 01:11 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  What does "I will expect humans.....to be able to figure out (nature)...much quicker then nature" even fucking mean? You're so godsdamn wrong your not even wrong!

Are you disappointed with humans because nature figured out nuclear fission faster then we did? Are you disappointed with humans because we have not figured out a way by which we could create whole planets out in space?

For shit sake we are a part of nature, it's literally impossible for us to figure out anything before nature does you buffoon.

I am going to have fun with this one lol. Let me see if I get straight. Now, my belief may appear weird to unbelievers. I believe that God sent his son to die for the sins of mankind, and whoever believes in him won't perish, but have everlasting life. No doubt, it is weird, dumb, stupid, retarded, and anything else you'd like to add.

That is what I believe. But here is what you believe...you believe that a MINDLESS process, gave you INTELLIGENCE. It didn't KNOW anything, but it gave you intelligence. This process also couldn't see, but it gave you vision. So it couldn't see what it was doing, yet it gave you two eyes, so that you could see Laugh out load

It couldn't ear anything...so on top of giving you two eyes when it can't see, it also gave you two ears so that you could hear Laugh out load

Now, you can believe that garbage all you want to, but for you to sit there and be so content with naturalism and make it seem like your beliefs are so damn coherent and/or logically plausible, and my questions are so damn out-of-this world is flat out disingenuous.

And I really hate to keep using the "If I bet you a million dollars" analogies, but I think it is the best way I can drive home the point.

If I had you blindfold me and place me in a parking lot, and in that parking lot there is a car with the hood popped, and on the ground is the parts of the car that belong inside of the hood...and the task is for me, blindfolded, to take all of the car parts and place them inside of the hood in perfect configuration in efforts to get the car running, and I bet you a million dollars that I can do it, and if I can't, I will pay you a million dollars...would you take the bet? Now keep in mind, I am blindfolded, I can't see shit...would you take the bet?

If you wouldn't take the bet, you are STUPID...but if you would take the bet, that is because you would realize how improbable it would be for me to accomplish such a thing.

Yet, when you open up the stomach of a human being (or any living organism), you will see all of these different parts that are all configured in a certain way inside of the stomach, with each part having a given function (just like the damn car)...you are going to sit there and tell me that you believe that a mindless and blind process could have pulled that off, but you wouldn't bet an intelligent human being with no vision to be able to pull it off???

The lengths that people will go through just to NOT believe in God, it is mind boggling Shocking

(15-02-2015 01:11 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  How did this get to 60+ pages your not even a good poe, you are waaaay to bad at this.

I am the best at what I do, and I prove it by doing it.

(15-02-2015 01:11 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  A lack of a belief is not a belief by the very definition of the word

This is the typical semantic babble that is common within atheism. On judgment day, God will make no distinction between atheists and agnostics. And if he doesn't make the distinction, neither will I.

(15-02-2015 01:11 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Also your rejection of something that can be shown to be a fact (with dozens of relevant scientific fields in agreement, with almost all known evidence in support of, and with testable and reliable predictive power) as a fact is in no way similar to our refusal to except your belief with exactly ZERO predictive power, with no demonstrable results, with nothing coming close to independently verifiable and testable procedures.

Until you can go in a lab and demonstrate how life came from nonlife, the origins of the universe, and where the hell consciousness came from, then spare me of the "all know evidence support this, and this is testable and predictable" babble.

(15-02-2015 01:11 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Evolution is a fact. That your cognitive bias is unable deal with this in no way changes the demonstrability of biological evolution.

Have you ever observed a reptile-bird kind of change within a organism? No, you haven't. So basically, you are relying on the unseen. Sounds like, religion.

(15-02-2015 01:11 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  We know more about the workings of evolutionary biology then we do about gravity, and if you have mistakenly convinced yourself of the shakiness of evolution you are welcome to stick your thumb in your mouth, blow really hard, and then float the motherfuck away.

We know about the workings of evolutionary biology with regards to microevolution. Dogs produce dogs, cats produce cats, snakes produce snakes...reptiles produce...birds??? Sorry Charlie, never happened.

(15-02-2015 01:11 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  According to who? You? Kiddo you don't even have a basic grasp on the subject. Considering all life, this vast cornucopia of diversity, on the planet originates from single celled organisms I'd say that if there is a limit to evolution it's a rather high bloody ceiling.

Of course, there is a lot of technical babble that is thrown in there, but here is the jest of things...here is what you believe; that long ago, when no one was around to see it, animals were producing different kind of animals...reptiles turned in to birds, whales were land dwelling at first but then made its way to the ocean, etc....now, no one was around to see these things, yet evolutionists believe that it happened.

See, the changes take oh so longggg to occur, that no human was around to see it back then, and no human alive today will be around when the next big thing happen, but if you stick around for a few hundred million years, you will see it.

If you don't see the con in that, I don't what to tell you...you've been duped, my friend. You've either been duped by the guys in the white lab coats, or you've duped yourself...but either way, you've been duped.

(15-02-2015 01:11 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Oh the good old answersingenesis "kind" word. How amateurishly quaint. Give an exact definition of what you mean when you say "kind". If you mean they are the same genus then you are correct, if you mean they are the same species then you are incorrect. If you mean something else then define it, then explain how you came to the conclusion, and then demonstrate that it is scientifically valid and consistent.

I will put it to you like this...if you go in a pet store and you ask for a dog, but you are brought out a snake, would you accept this? If you wouldn't, then you are realizing that the "kind" you asked for is different than the "kind" that you were given. It is just that simple.

(15-02-2015 01:11 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  This might come as a shock to you, a person so arrogant he thinks the whole damn universe was specially created just for him, but what you find "cool" is not a marker for..anything.
Modern birds are descendant from reptiles, this is not a subject up for debate. Multiple fields of science have proven this. Multiple times. Like.. a lot bro.

Birds are descendants from reptiles? Ok, and King David was a great-ancestor of Jesus. You've told me your religious views, and I told you mines.

(15-02-2015 01:11 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  They are absolutely not and more over the very book you claim to support says they should unequivocally not be based on evidence but on faith. I won't speak for every single believer out there but I will speak for your personal brand of idiocy on display here.

Please don't, because that would be like me saying that every atheist is an emotionally charged lunatic like you that doesn't like the idea of people using common sense to determine that a mindless and blind process can't create intelligence and vision. I agree, we should stay away from generalizations.

(15-02-2015 01:11 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  You have provided not a single shred of reliable, testable or demonstrable evidence since you arrived.
You have provided:
Arguments from personal incredulity.

Bullshit. My beliefs are based on what I believe to be the best explanation, and things like the origin of life, the universe, and consciousness are, in my opinion, best explained by a higher power. You can disagree all you'd like, but science sure as hell isn't helping you in either of these three cases, so I have every right to look elsewhere for answers when science can't help me with these questions.

(15-02-2015 01:11 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Arguments from personal experience.

Bullshit. I was asked a question, and I gave an answer based on a personal experience.

(15-02-2015 01:11 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Strawman arguments.

Bullshit. I never attacked a position that someone doesn't hold too.

(15-02-2015 01:11 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Arguments from popularity.

Bullshit. I never said nor implied that since x amount of people believe it, therefore, it is true.

(15-02-2015 01:11 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Confirmation bias, and boat loads of it.

Bullshit. Assuming you are talking about me ignoring the times that my prayers weren't answered, I already responded to this.

(15-02-2015 01:11 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Arguments from authority.

Unless you call appealing to the Bible an argument from authority, then I am guilty as charged. Other than that, bullshit.

(15-02-2015 01:11 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  And a half dozen other fallacious bouts of prepubescent lunacy.

I am a Christian theist, and I've done nothing on here but defend my faith and expose the limitations of science. That has nothing to do with lunacy, that has to do with truth. But hey, I know that some atheists have this false notion that they are so smart, and believers are so dumb Laugh out load Nothing can be further from the truth.

I will leave it there, because I already gave you more time than you deserve...and I will never get that time that I spent responding to you back No
15-02-2015, 08:26 AM
This is an open challenge to anyone that would like to debate me on the following..

1. Kalam Cosmological Argument
2. Ontological Argument (Modal version)
3. Argument from Consciousness
4. Resurrection of Jesus
5. The subject of evolution

This is on the condition that we have the debate on any Instant Message platform (preferably either yahoo or mibbit). I'd like to have a voice chat on yahoo if possible.

There is a grocery store in heaven, and I just went grocery shopping, and I purchased about a dozen or so cans of whoop ass...and I am inviting some of my atheists friends over for dinner Big Grin
15-02-2015, 08:28 AM
(15-02-2015 08:12 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  I am the best at what I do, and I prove it by doing it.

Yet another one, suffering from this :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%...ger_effect

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
15-02-2015, 08:31 AM
(15-02-2015 08:03 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Since Call_of_Nature has declined to continue the debate with GWoG (they've decided to make it fireside chat instead) we still haven't actually seen any debating yet ... despite the thread title.

It has become blatantly clear though, that the first debate should be regarding the definitions of 'evidence', 'proof', 'historicity, etc.

Sort it out!
'

There seems to be a mentality here in the US that we're the biggest, baddest kid on the block and it's inconceivable that we can ever be taken down.
Combine that with a high rate of religiosity and a resistance to fact based science, and we get lower and lower educational standards.
There seems to be a growing trend toward pride in stupidity.

When a large portion of our so-called leaders can't seem to make an informed decision without consulting their invisible friend, we have problems many of us are already too dumb to see.
We may still be the big kid, but he's not too bright.
If we continue the way we're going, all the muscle in the world won't be able to stop our inevitable collapse.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
15-02-2015, 08:37 AM
At work.

To Call_of_the_Wild.

I would be happy to have a chat about evolution. Though, due to time zone and scheduling differances/difficulties a one on one here on the forums would suit myself better.

Much cheers to all.
15-02-2015, 08:38 AM

Dude, what the hell are you talking about? You have no basis for even saying that shit...first of all, I don't even see his response to my response, unless I missed something...second no where did I give any hint of discontinuing the debate with GWG...so why would you have the nerve to even make such a statement, I don't know.

You just wanted to say something, I guess?
15-02-2015, 08:46 AM
Wow, I take a break to focus on finals and getting my thermo and design projects all set up and we get a new giant troll with the same old fallacious arguments. I've only managed to read some of his posts and this has not been even amusing in the way that most trolls are. I even read the debate thread!

At least there might still be some squeak in this chew toy still. Even if it is shrill, dull, and uninteresting.
[+] 3 users Like natachan's post