I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
15-02-2015, 08:52 AM
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
(15-02-2015 08:37 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

To Call_of_the_Wild.

I would be happy to have a chat about evolution. Though, due to time zone and scheduling differances/difficulties a one on one here on the forums would suit myself better.

Much cheers to all.

I have to vent. With all due respect, I just can't buy the "scheduling" and "I am busy" sob stories. There are 24 hours in a day, 7 days a week....so, 168 hours in an entire week...and all you would need to do is put aside one hour of the 168 total to discuss these same subjects that you are quick to jump on these forums to discuss.

I am not just talking about you personally, but in general. It is as if you guys don't want to be taken out of your element because you are so used to having your colleagues on here cosign everything you say and cheerlead you on, that if you are taken away from that element you are vulnerable.

Case in point. GWG gave the ultimate sob story of them all...military duty, school, kids...he just doesn't have the time for a live debate exchange...yet, he said that he spent 5 hours typing his response to me on here....so he has 5 hours to spend typing a response on here, but you don't have the time to carry the debate to a real time format??

And it just doesn't happen on this forum, this is the third forum that I've been on where I've issued a challenge to anyone in a real time format, whether it is voice format, or instant messaging, and I get the same thing..."I am busy", "I live in Austrailia" "I would rather do it here"....but these are the same people that are spending that same time typing hundreds of posts to me on the forum, and sometimes they are online at the same time that I am online??

Am I in the twilight zone?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2015, 08:56 AM
(15-02-2015 08:52 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Am I in the twilight zone?

Obviously. Thumbsup

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
15-02-2015, 09:03 AM
(15-02-2015 07:06 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(14-02-2015 11:05 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Before we head down this dead end how about supporting your initial assertion that everything happens for a reason.

Actually, before we head down this dead end about me supporting my assertion that everything happens for a reason, how about you respond to my ISIS analogy, you know, the one that I asked you to give me a yes or no answer to?

I like how you conveniently bypassed that question, yet you are so quick to respond to everything else.

You don’t even have a grasp on reality and you want to discuss “what if” scenarios? Please.

(15-02-2015 07:06 AM)‘Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(14-02-2015 11:05 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Go ahead and back peddle as fast as possible from your ridiculous stories. I don’t blame you after the spanking you’ve been handed. Laugh out load Bet you wish you’d never brought those up huh?

Oh no, not at all, and this goes right back to the ISIS analogy (that you failed to respond to). You see, if you wouldn't bet me the million dollars that you would pass the McDonald's sign, then you obviously don't think that the odds are in your favor...which is equivalent to me not thinking the odds would be in my favor when I asked for the sign.

You see, everyone wants to talk about how high the probability was, but if you ask them to bet money or any other valuable of theirs that the same thing would happen to them, then they won't do it Laugh out load But the odds are sooo high, though?

Man, please.

Empty rhetoric. Keep backpedaling Ronald.

[Image: ronald-mcdonald1.jpg]

(15-02-2015 07:06 AM)‘Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(14-02-2015 11:05 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  You contradict yourself sparky, either he can’t work outside Nature therfore cannot cure the amputees OR he can, as you now state, and nothing should be impossible for your sky-daddy. You know what they say about eating cake and having it too. Thumbsup

Um, I am saying that he can, sparky. Sooo, what is the point being made here?? Healing amputees? Jesus placed his hand on the ear of the servant of the high priest that came to arrest him (Luke 22:51), and the man was immediately healed.

So its not about CAN it be done, buddy. That shouldn't even be the question.

It has to be THE question. You’re the one going around praying and saying God answered your prayers. I’m telling you that your non-existant God doesn’t heal amputees because, well, it doesn’t exist. Meanwhile dedicated men and women on the cutting edge of robotics and prosthetics create real life solutions for real life problems.

You on the other hand go around laying hands and saying incantations. It utterly blows my mind that there exist people like you in this day and age typing on laptops with more computing power than that used to send men to the moon who are still doing rain dances.

[Image: native-american-rain-dance2.jpg?w=600&am...p;amp;q=89]

To borrow a term of endearment from WD, you are a prideful and unapologetic Troglodyte (btw this isn’t a compliment).

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
15-02-2015, 09:04 AM
(15-02-2015 08:26 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  This is an open challenge to anyone that would like to debate me on the following..

1. Kalam Cosmological Argument
2. Ontological Argument (Modal version)
3. Argument from Consciousness
4. Resurrection of Jesus
5. The subject of evolution

This is on the condition that we have the debate on any Instant Message platform (preferably either yahoo or mibbit). I'd like to have a voice chat on yahoo if possible.

There is a grocery store in heaven, and I just went grocery shopping, and I purchased about a dozen or so cans of whoop ass...and I am inviting some of my atheists friends over for dinner Big Grin

Yeah yeah yeah.
So you keep saying.
Yawn.

You got nuthin'
You've demonstrated your tiny dick mind and education for the last week here. You couldn't even pass an Apologetics class at Biola.
But maybe pray. Your Jebus said if you ask anything in his name it would be given to you. You *could* ask we all be converted. THAT sure is gonna work now, isn't it. You *DO* believe in him right ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
15-02-2015, 09:16 AM
(14-02-2015 10:22 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(14-02-2015 07:29 PM)pablo Wrote:  Humans are part of nature, we are not supernatural, nor devine. Nature does not "figure it out" like humans approach a problem. Nature does not have human intelligence.
The natural world has no need to be in a hurry, it has a much longer lifespan than humans.

We have eyes for vision, which is something that (on your view) was needed for a better survival rates....if that is not "figuring it out", I don't know what is.

Evolution of the eye

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
15-02-2015, 09:23 AM
(15-02-2015 08:52 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(15-02-2015 08:37 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

To Call_of_the_Wild.

I would be happy to have a chat about evolution. Though, due to time zone and scheduling differances/difficulties a one on one here on the forums would suit myself better.

Much cheers to all.

I have to vent. With all due respect, I just can't buy the "scheduling" and "I am busy" sob stories. There are 24 hours in a day, 7 days a week....so, 168 hours in an entire week...and all you would need to do is put aside one hour of the 168 total to discuss these same subjects that you are quick to jump on these forums to discuss.

I am not just talking about you personally, but in general. It is as if you guys don't want to be taken out of your element because you are so used to having your colleagues on here cosign everything you say and cheerlead you on, that if you are taken away from that element you are vulnerable.

Case in point. GWG gave the ultimate sob story of them all...military duty, school, kids...he just doesn't have the time for a live debate exchange...yet, he said that he spent 5 hours typing his response to me on here....so he has 5 hours to spend typing a response on here, but you don't have the time to carry the debate to a real time format??

And it just doesn't happen on this forum, this is the third forum that I've been on where I've issued a challenge to anyone in a real time format, whether it is voice format, or instant messaging, and I get the same thing..."I am busy", "I live in Austrailia" "I would rather do it here"....but these are the same people that are spending that same time typing hundreds of posts to me on the forum, and sometimes they are online at the same time that I am online??

Am I in the twilight zone?

Poor baby. You're really no good at this. You're one of THE WORST we've had stumble in here. You can't even BEGIN to address any of the science. Who told you you have some skill at this ? You don't.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
15-02-2015, 09:26 AM (This post was last modified: 15-02-2015 10:05 AM by DLJ.)
(15-02-2015 08:38 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(15-02-2015 08:03 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Since Call_of_Nature has declined to continue the debate with GWoG (they've decided to make it fireside chat instead) we still haven't actually seen any debating yet ... despite the thread title.

Dude, what the hell are you talking about? You have no basis for even saying that shit...first of all, I don't even see his response to my response, unless I missed something...second no where did I give any hint of discontinuing the debate with GWG...so why would you have the nerve to even make such a statement, I don't know.

You just wanted to say something, I guess?

I must say, it's good of you to be so accommodating and so quick to prove my point for me.

You asked for debate.

It would appear that you don't even know the difference between a formal moderated debate and an informal discussion.

For your edification...
Post #8 Click on it.

You then suggested (in post #14 on that debate thread) going to a different, more informal discussion (and no doubt 'discursive') format and have reiterated that, above in post #645 ... therefore the debates ends.

15-02-2015, 09:30 AM (This post was last modified: 15-02-2015 09:55 AM by GirlyMan.)
(15-02-2015 08:26 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  This is an open challenge to anyone that would like to debate me on the following..
This is on the condition that we have the debate on any Instant Message platform (preferably either yahoo or mibbit). I'd like to have a voice chat on yahoo if possible.

But you're doing so well with this format why would you want to change?

(15-02-2015 08:46 AM)natachan Wrote:  At least there might still be some squeak in this chew toy still.

It went dirty sweatsock a long time ago.

(15-02-2015 08:03 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Since Call_of_Nature has declined to continue the debate with GWoG (they've decided to make it fireside chat instead) we still haven't actually seen any debating yet ... despite the thread title.

It has become blatantly clear though, that the first debate should be regarding the definitions of 'evidence', 'proof', 'historicity, etc.

It should probably start with the definition of "debate".

(15-02-2015 08:03 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Otherwise, it's just going to get more and more embarrassing for Call_of_Nature and he won't even understand why we're laughing at him.

I fail to see the problem.

(15-02-2015 08:03 AM)DLJ Wrote:  The wider question, Murika, is WTF is wrong with your education system?

Seriously. In other, more civilised counties, people are usually aware of their level of ignorance and work at doing something about it. The US seems to produce people who are high in self-esteem but low in self-awareness.

It's the inevitable effect of American Exceptionalism silly. Now back off you ignorant Limey Ladyboy.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
15-02-2015, 09:34 AM
I Will Debate Any Atheist on here

'Nuff said.

There has been nothing resembling debate from the OP.

'Nuff said.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
15-02-2015, 09:35 AM
(15-02-2015 09:30 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ...
Now back off you ignorant Brit Ladyboy.

Says a self-confessed Girlyman.

And I'm a relatively well-educated Brit Ladyboy, thanks very much.

Sadcryface