I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
08-02-2015, 01:22 PM
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
(08-02-2015 01:07 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  No...*lyric breakdown moment*

A sweet lick is a "lick"...and a "lick" is an urban word for a crime (usually profitable) that is about to be committed (such as robbery, burglary)...and a "sweet lick" is a potentially very easy /and or profitable crime.

So he is saying if you are looking for a "sweet lick", well, this is the wrong place, man...so in other words, find somewhere else, because we don't play that shit around here.

So when he said he just like fucking with Christians for shits and giggles...I understand that is what he likes to do...but this is the wrong place, man (me) Big Grin

You do realize that when you have to explain it it's already too late, right?

Oh. And have you googled dualism yet and are ready to discuss?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
08-02-2015, 01:22 PM
(08-02-2015 01:16 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  .but what we can do is appeal to the best explanation, and my argument is that God has more explanatory value regarding the question of origins.

The laws of thermodynamics have better explanatory value because we can observe them in action, make predictions based on them and use them in practice.

You can't say the same thing about your god.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
08-02-2015, 01:23 PM
(08-02-2015 12:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 12:31 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I am an atheist.

I would like to debate on which is the best variety of potato to use for traditional vinaigrette-based potato salad.

Thanks.

Redskins. Drinking Beverage

Good choice. I was going to say Wilja or Charlotte.

Debate over.

08-02-2015, 01:24 PM
(08-02-2015 12:52 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 12:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Redskins. Drinking Beverage

I prefer using a baby yukon gold, myself.

I'm sorry but how can anyone say Red Skins? Jersey New Potatoes, end of.

Histori...cicity sez so. Dodgy

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
08-02-2015, 01:25 PM
(08-02-2015 01:20 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I can do that right now retard!

Yet, a Nobel Prize is what you lack.

(08-02-2015 01:20 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Do you believe the human body is made of atoms like what scientists say?

1. The human body is made up of atoms (like what scientists say)
2. Therefore, life came from non-life.

You don't have to have a PH.D in philosophy to see that the conclusion does not follow from the premise.
08-02-2015, 01:25 PM
Riddle me this, Christ-fellator: why does your God require you to speak for him? Why doesn't *he* speak? And who the fuck are you and the rest of the twits who come through here to convey God's message anyway?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
08-02-2015, 01:26 PM
(08-02-2015 01:21 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 01:16 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Speak for yourself. Tongue All I see is billions of pretenders and wannabees and hypocrites who wouldn't recognize The Word if the Holy Ghost farted in their face.

So you've examined each individual of the billions of Christians in the world and determined that each one is a wannabee and a hypocrit? That is a hellava research project.

I thought God was the only one that could pull something like that off...or are you the fourth person of the Holy Trinity or something?

Or something.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-02-2015, 01:26 PM
(08-02-2015 01:24 PM)gofish! Wrote:  I'm sorry but how can anyone say Red Skins? Jersey New Potatoes, end of.

The Red Skins didn't make the playoffs.
08-02-2015, 01:27 PM
(08-02-2015 01:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Or something.

I knew it had to be one of the two.
08-02-2015, 01:27 PM
(08-02-2015 01:16 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 01:11 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  OK, I'll debate you, as long as you're OK with waiting a long time between responses.

How long are we talking...a day, a year, decade, century? What?

(08-02-2015 01:11 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  How can I reliably distinguish what you are calling God from something that you are merely imagining?

You probably can't...but what we can do is appeal to the best explanation, and my argument is that God has more explanatory value regarding the question of origins.

Wow. An honest theist. Great. We're done then, because if something is indistinguishable from something that is merely imaginary, then it is imaginary and does not actually exist, no matter how well it explains something. That was fun.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 3 users Like true scotsman's post