I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
15-02-2015, 10:27 PM
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
(15-02-2015 09:53 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(15-02-2015 07:57 PM)Dahlia Wrote:  I'm working on a degree in cell biology, and let me tell ya - the more I study, the less evidence I see for design. Especially in the area of genetics.

Oh yeah, well please tell me where did the information contained in the DNA...where did the information come from??

Your mom!

Literally.

Big Grin

@Dahlia,
I see plenty of evidence for design... design through natural evolutionary processes.

Just no evidence for a designer.

Or as others have mentioned, maybe an incompetent designer (nice post there natachan) or a designer with a perverse sense of humour.

In IT design, there are essentially two ways to add value to existing (live) services... continual and continuous improvement.

[Image: continual_improvement_example.gif]

You can see what is sometimes called 'punctuated equilibrium' (revolution) vs. the more stable form (gradual evolution).

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
15-02-2015, 11:13 PM
It seems Call of The Wild's argument is WELL WHERE DID THAT COME FROM?

Then we go as far as we don't really know, and he says "Therefore gawd".
15-02-2015, 11:44 PM
(15-02-2015 03:17 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Its not racist...I am black Yes
That in no way makes it not racist you idiot.

(15-02-2015 03:17 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  How about you accept my challenge to a debate regarding the evidence for evolution??? You can either accept the challenge, or just keep ranting and raving like an emotional little bitch, you know, like you've been doing.

1.) I'll happily except your challenge to debate evolution when you do several things first. The first being that you demonstrate a basic understanding of Evolutionary Biology, a thing you have repeatedly failed to do thus far. I'm not going to waste my time getting involved in a debate where I'm going to have to stop you every time you talk to explain the multitude of ways in which you are failing to accurately describe the evolutionary process nor am I interested in having to stop myself to explain every other concept I'm using. If you would like to debate you have be worth my time, currently you are not and I won't give you the dignity of approaching you as if we are on equal footing. That would be granting you an air of competence you have not earned.
Finish your education, then come challenge me.

Secondly you will have to answer the multitude of criticisms I have levied at you which you have thus far failed to address. I have no interest in allowing you to to run away from things you don't feel like answering because you are just as likely to do that in a formal debate. I have issued several challenges to you that you have thus far run from without shame or hesitation. Answer those firsts.
You have a back log in front of you already, and you will deal with that before we move on or i'll simply wave my hand and dismiss you.

Third and lastly you are going to cut out a good bit of your idiotic game plan. You are going to stop treating baseless assertions as if they were fact, you are going to stop telling your opponent what they believe, you are going to stop trying to change the debate format from one venue to another when it does not go your way, and (like you just did in your other debate) you are going to learn the difference between an appeal to authority and providing references in support of an argument. Oh and then you are going to actually provide sources.

If you can not abide by these conditions, conditions that any moderator worth his salt would actively enforce, I'll consider you to have conceded defeat before we even start.

In summery: You are a rank amateur with a proven track record of gross incompetence with the subject matter, you employ fallacious as well as dishonest, manipulative, and underhanded tactics to make your points, and you are attempting to shift the subject of conversation in a blatantly obvious attempt to avoid provide evidence for your wild and delusional assertions.

You are neither intellectually nor morally fit to be a debate partner, and I'm not interested in trying to educate a rock. Allow me to spare you some wasted breath as well: if you think you can goad me into a debate by targeting my hubris with accusations of fear you will fail. It's revulsion at my inferior, not cowardice that moves me to give you the above conditions.

2.) Your attempts to undermine my criticisms by referring to them as "ranting and raving" have failed. All of my criticisms have been clean, on the mark and focused. If you can't refute them that's fine, but trying to fabricate an alternate narrative and dictate to me what my emotional state is unacceptable and boorish. As I said above if you want to entire a debate with me your going to cut that juvenile bullshit out as I have no desire to juggle the debate, babysitting your moral lapses and ethical failings, nor having to play by two sets of rules one for me (based on evidence and logic) and one for you (based on assertions and the instance that you don't have to prove anything). I see no need to take that kind of unnecessary stress on myself when I could just brush you aside and engage in an actual debate with an actual opponent where I can just debate.
I'm sure you think your super doper special and worth my time but to me, so far, you are a dime a dozen whack-a-do nut more interested in defending your bias (which you have already admitted is the only thing you have even tried to do other then attack science) then actually seeing if it's factually accurate and I have little desire to feed your already disproportionally large ego by reaching down and pulling you up to my level for a debate.

Prove to me you can debate in a rational manner with facts instead of blind religious zealotry, ignorance of modern science, appeals to "common sense", and bald faced assertions. Maybe then I'll consider you qualified to debate, until then your worthy of mockery only until you are inevitably banned.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 4 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
16-02-2015, 12:02 AM
What's with Call of Nature's constant "shuffle" ? He wants to debate here, there, and everywhere, yet when he's trounced, (as he has been), he does the "shuffle" and suggests yet another venue. This sorry-ass dude is seriously demented.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
16-02-2015, 12:34 AM
(15-02-2015 08:52 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  ...Posted a reply....

Consider

Is this a 'Yes'? A 'No'? or a 'Maybe'?

Much cheers to all.
16-02-2015, 12:48 AM
(16-02-2015 12:02 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  What's with Call of Nature's constant "shuffle" ? He wants to debate here, there, and everywhere, yet when he's trounced, (as he has been), he does the "shuffle" and suggests yet another venue. This sorry-ass dude is seriously demented.

What I wanna know is: what's the point? He's not fooling anyone, least of all the "undecided" crowd who might perhaps be expected to read the thread and possibly be convinced by his capering to be a Christian. All he's doing is showing off the worst aspects of religion...

My guess is that he genuinely thinks he is debating. He genuinely thinks he's doing the work of the Lord. He genuinely is completely fucking nuts.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
16-02-2015, 04:03 AM
(15-02-2015 11:44 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(15-02-2015 03:17 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Its not racist...I am black Yes
That in no way makes it not racist you idiot.

(15-02-2015 03:17 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  How about you accept my challenge to a debate regarding the evidence for evolution??? You can either accept the challenge, or just keep ranting and raving like an emotional little bitch, you know, like you've been doing.

1.) I'll happily except your challenge to debate evolution when you do several things first. The first being that you demonstrate a basic understanding of Evolutionary Biology, a thing you have repeatedly failed to do thus far. I'm not going to waste my time getting involved in a debate where I'm going to have to stop you every time you talk to explain the multitude of ways in which you are failing to accurately describe the evolutionary process nor am I interested in having to stop myself to explain every other concept I'm using. If you would like to debate you have be worth my time, currently you are not and I won't give you the dignity of approaching you as if we are on equal footing. That would be granting you an air of competence you have not earned.
Finish your education, then come challenge me.

Secondly you will have to answer the multitude of criticisms I have levied at you which you have thus far failed to address. I have no interest in allowing you to to run away from things you don't feel like answering because you are just as likely to do that in a formal debate. I have issued several challenges to you that you have thus far run from without shame or hesitation. Answer those firsts.
You have a back log in front of you already, and you will deal with that before we move on or i'll simply wave my hand and dismiss you.

Third and lastly you are going to cut out a good bit of your idiotic game plan. You are going to stop treating baseless assertions as if they were fact, you are going to stop telling your opponent what they believe, you are going to stop trying to change the debate format from one venue to another when it does not go your way, and (like you just did in your other debate) you are going to learn the difference between an appeal to authority and providing references in support of an argument. Oh and then you are going to actually provide sources.

If you can not abide by these conditions, conditions that any moderator worth his salt would actively enforce, I'll consider you to have conceded defeat before we even start.

In summery: You are a rank amateur with a proven track record of gross incompetence with the subject matter, you employ fallacious as well as dishonest, manipulative, and underhanded tactics to make your points, and you are attempting to shift the subject of conversation in a blatantly obvious attempt to avoid provide evidence for your wild and delusional assertions.

You are neither intellectually nor morally fit to be a debate partner, and I'm not interested in trying to educate a rock. Allow me to spare you some wasted breath as well: if you think you can goad me into a debate by targeting my hubris with accusations of fear you will fail. It's revulsion at my inferior, not cowardice that moves me to give you the above conditions.

2.) Your attempts to undermine my criticisms by referring to them as "ranting and raving" have failed. All of my criticisms have been clean, on the mark and focused. If you can't refute them that's fine, but trying to fabricate an alternate narrative and dictate to me what my emotional state is unacceptable and boorish. As I said above if you want to entire a debate with me your going to cut that juvenile bullshit out as I have no desire to juggle the debate, babysitting your moral lapses and ethical failings, nor having to play by two sets of rules one for me (based on evidence and logic) and one for you (based on assertions and the instance that you don't have to prove anything). I see no need to take that kind of unnecessary stress on myself when I could just brush you aside and engage in an actual debate with an actual opponent where I can just debate.
I'm sure you think your super doper special and worth my time but to me, so far, you are a dime a dozen whack-a-do nut more interested in defending your bias (which you have already admitted is the only thing you have even tried to do other then attack science) then actually seeing if it's factually accurate and I have little desire to feed your already disproportionally large ego by reaching down and pulling you up to my level for a debate.

Prove to me you can debate in a rational manner with facts instead of blind religious zealotry, ignorance of modern science, appeals to "common sense", and bald faced assertions. Maybe then I'll consider you qualified to debate, until then your worthy of mockery only until you are inevitably banned.

To be fair, you should really recommend he learn critical thinking too, so he can at least recognise a strawman if it sat on his face and wriggled...

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
[+] 1 user Likes gofish!'s post
16-02-2015, 05:19 AM
[Image: jesusmcd.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 8 users Like GirlyMan's post
16-02-2015, 06:20 AM
(16-02-2015 04:03 AM)gofish! Wrote:  To be fair, you should really recommend he learn critical thinking too, so he can at least recognise a strawman if it sat on his face and wriggled...

Keep in mind that, unlike our cerebrally deficient friend, I don't believe in miracles. Drinking Beverage

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
16-02-2015, 07:35 AM
(16-02-2015 06:20 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(16-02-2015 04:03 AM)gofish! Wrote:  To be fair, you should really recommend he learn critical thinking too, so he can at least recognise a strawman if it sat on his face and wriggled...

Keep in mind that, unlike our cerebrally deficient friend, I don't believe in miracles. Drinking Beverage

Perhaps we should pray for one?

I know, we could all close our eyes and concentrate for a while and count to 20.

Then we open our eyes and if the first thing we see is something predetermined and unusual ... I dunno, something like a leaf, maybe, or a table... then it will be proof / evidence that there is hope for our friend?

Shall we try it?

Wink

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post