I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
16-02-2015, 07:50 AM
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
(09-02-2015 10:11 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(09-02-2015 09:46 AM)Job_1207 Wrote:  You almost nailed it, my friend, but your slight omission proves you haven't been paying attention to the world around you. Amazing shit happens, therefore God.
Ever heard of practical impossibilities? How many would you need to be presented with before you deigned to step down from your pedestal and take a closer look at the evidence?

Have a listen, what appears to be a “practical impossibility” to you, is simply your inability to understand and comprehend statistical data.

Break open a statistics book and go “learn” yourself something.

My inability to understand and comprehend statistical data, as you say, my friend, is still decent enough to help me discern between the "coin tossing" and the "coin tosser" which apparently you don't.

If you want to learn how to tell them apart, I wrote something especially for you. It took me some time to do it (a few hours), but it's okay; I enjoy writing. You may choose to ignore it altogether, but in that case don't reply to my message. I don't want to hear your opinion about the ideas that you already have in your head. I want to hear your opinion about ideas that are presented to you from another head, like mine.

PS. I took the time to listen to the radio show you suggested (with the two "Lauras" from England) and to read the presentation about the chances one has to win the lottery, so I'm not that ignorant. The thing about the 7 tails in a row in that class experiment was something that I actually did a few years ago myself, without knowing about that radio show, of course. I wanted to see how many attempts I needed to get 10 heads or tails in a row and I did exactly what those guys did. I took a coin, flipped it and wrote down the outcome. It took me a little more than an hour to get ten (heads) in a row. So I'm not a stranger to statistics, as you stated. The paper I wrote is just about that, and more. Enjoy!

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Probability or Certainty.pdf (Size: 72.2 KB / Downloads: 22)

It doesn't matter what I believe; all that matters is what I can prove!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2015, 08:35 AM
Quote:Regardless of when it begins, the question is where did it come from? That question just hasn't been answered yet.

Consciousness is the result of complex interconnections of the brain. Same as how the combinations of 1's and 0's can result in the complex 3D graphics of a video game. Same way that weather is a complex interactions of many different phenomena from winds, to heating air, to changes in humidity.

But I fear this will go over your head because anyone who can say this:

Quote:The process is mindless, it can't think...and it is blind, it can't see...yet, on your view, it is because of this mindless and blind process, that we have vision, hearing, a brain, digestive system, circulatory system, immune system, respitory system, reproductive system...we have all of this shit that we NEED to survive, from a PROCESS that can't see, and DIDN'T know what the hell it was doing.

If you don't see the faith in that, I can't help you...and of course, the atheist reason for why we don't observe all of this cool stuff is because "it takes millions of years to develop"...how convenient.."no one has ever seen this stuff occur, and no one will ever see this stuff occur, but it occurs".

clearly has some problems understanding science. That along with this gem:

Quote:Yet, no one has accepted the challenge yet lol. First off, I am quite aware of Archaeopteryx...and I am also aware of the false hope that you and others that believe the dumb theory of evolution, that archaeopteryx is NOT any missing link between anything.

shows you have no idea of what evolution IS or how it works. If you are aware of this then likely it is willful ignorance, and that is unforgivable. That can't be remedied and any attempt to debate would simply be a waste of time.
[+] 2 users Like natachan's post
16-02-2015, 10:08 AM (This post was last modified: 16-02-2015 11:09 AM by Full Circle.)
(16-02-2015 07:50 AM)Job_1207 Wrote:  
(09-02-2015 10:11 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Have a listen, what appears to be a “practical impossibility” to you, is simply your inability to understand and comprehend statistical data.

Break open a statistics book and go “learn” yourself something.

My inability to understand and comprehend statistical data, as you say, my friend, is still decent enough to help me discern between the "coin tossing" and the "coin tosser" which apparently you don't.

If you want to learn how to tell them apart, I wrote something especially for you. It took me some time to do it (a few hours), but it's okay; I enjoy writing. You may choose to ignore it altogether, but in that case don't reply to my message. I don't want to hear your opinion about the ideas that you already have in your head. I want to hear your opinion about ideas that are presented to you from another head, like mine.

PS. I took the time to listen to the radio show you suggested (with the two "Lauras" from England) and to read the presentation about the chances one has to win the lottery, so I'm not that ignorant. The thing about the 7 tails in a row in that class experiment was something that I actually did a few years ago myself, without knowing about that radio show, of course. I wanted to see how many attempts I needed to get 10 heads or tails in a row and I did exactly what those guys did. I took a coin, flipped it and wrote down the outcome. It took me a little more than an hour to get ten (heads) in a row. So I'm not a stranger to statistics, as you stated. The paper I wrote is just about that, and more. Enjoy!

Cool. Because you listened to the podcast I returned the favor by reading your paper and I did enjoy it. Glad to see you have a firm grasp of mathematical probability.

Where you jump off the rails is the analogy of the dealer. Yes, I know, you equate the dealer to God, no surprise there.

One of the great misunderstandings regarding evolution is that people think that “it" has an outcome in mind. This is very different to your analogy, that of a Vegas card dealer dealing out tropical fruits instead of playing cards, because the game itself is scripted and has predetermined constraints.

The Natural Poker table (to continue your analogy) isn’t bound to deal only playing cards. It isn’t playing a game of Poker with prescribed outcomes already accounted for with known quantities. The Natural rules, if you will, allow for mutations and changes in the population, something that could never happen in a Poker game. Poker hands are not procreating and are not subjected to environmental pressures. (This is similar to my discussion regarding the Blind Watchmaker and humping Ford F-150s with CotW).

While the odds of a Poker hand can be calculated because we know we have 52 cards and X number of players, the odds of evolution producing a Great Hammerhead shark for instance, cannot be calculated. We know it can happen because they exist, it could be said only after the fact, that the probabilty of Great Hammerhead sharks existing are 100%.

I hope that clarifies my position.

PS I’m happy to take whatever tone in this discussion you want, from civil to agonistic. Take your pick.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
16-02-2015, 10:17 AM
(15-02-2015 11:44 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(15-02-2015 03:17 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Its not racist...I am black Yes
That in no way makes it not racist you idiot.

(15-02-2015 03:17 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  How about you accept my challenge to a debate regarding the evidence for evolution??? You can either accept the challenge, or just keep ranting and raving like an emotional little bitch, you know, like you've been doing.

you are going to stop trying to change the debate format from one venue to another when it does not go your way,

Yep he did that with GWOG's debate, he made a huge error in regards to Gamaliel in his response to GWOG and is engaging in childish taunts now. He has demonstrated nothing but how to be a jerk for Jesus.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
16-02-2015, 10:31 AM
(16-02-2015 08:35 AM)natachan Wrote:  Consciousness is the result of complex interconnections of the brain.

What "complex interconnections of the brain"? What the hell kind of answer is that...that isn't telling me anything.

WHERE...DID...CONSCIOUSNESS...COME...FROM?

(16-02-2015 08:35 AM)natachan Wrote:  Same as how the combinations of 1's and 0's can result in the complex 3D graphics of a video game. Same way that weather is a complex interactions of many different phenomena from winds, to heating air, to changes in humidity.

You can't answer one question by appealing to another one. I am asking specifically about consciousness..there are plenty dead bodies in the morgue that has brains, but no consciousness...so what is the origin of consciousness?

If you shape and mold brain matter into a brain, you will have a brain, but where would you get the consciousness?

(16-02-2015 08:35 AM)natachan Wrote:  But I fear this will go over your head because anyone who can say this:

[quote]The process is mindless, it can't think...and it is blind, it can't see...yet, on your view, it is because of this mindless and blind process, that we have vision, hearing, a brain, digestive system, circulatory system, immune system, respitory system, reproductive system...we have all of this shit that we NEED to survive, from a PROCESS that can't see, and DIDN'T know what the hell it was doing.

If you don't see the faith in that, I can't help you...and of course, the atheist reason for why we don't observe all of this cool stuff is because "it takes millions of years to develop"...how convenient.."no one has ever seen this stuff occur, and no one will ever see this stuff occur, but it occurs".

Dude, what the hell are you talking about? Isn't that what happened? What did I say that is factually incorrect??? You can't tell me what is factually incorrect about what I said, can you? The fact of the matter is, we get all of our bodily functions from a MINDLESS and BLIND process...point blank, period..and if you have any problems with that, then check your own theory, don't get mad at me. I am only the messenger. Be upset at the message, not the messenger.

The problem is, when I made that statement, I took away all of the fluff and feathers that you are used to...you know, the technical babble. Once you take away all of the fluff and feathers, the technical babble that is used to describe something that happened only in your head...you are stuck with EXACTLY what I said...a mindless and blind process that gave you vision and a brain.

(16-02-2015 08:35 AM)natachan Wrote:  clearly has some problems understanding science.

Ok, oh wise one....break it down to me so that I understand it...so that I can disagree with it right after. It isn't about understanding, it is about ACCEPTING. Just like you don't accept Christianity, I don't accept evolution. Plain and simple. I am not accusing you of misunderstanding Christianity just because you don't accept it.

(16-02-2015 08:35 AM)natachan Wrote:  shows you have no idea of what evolution IS or how it works. If you are aware of this then likely it is willful ignorance, and that is unforgivable. That can't be remedied and any attempt to debate would simply be a waste of time.

"You just don't understand how evolution works" "You know don't know what evolution is"

Whenever someone questions or disagrees with evolution, they always get accused of being ignorant of the theory...as if the theory is so damn hard to understand that only scientists and atheists can understand it...only they have the keys to the knowledge of evolution....and everyone outside the realm of science and atheism is to dumb to understand it, and they are so smart.

Bullshit. I don't reject evolution because I don't understand it, I reject it because I DO understand it. I understand that you believe that reptiles evolved into birds...despite the fact that you've NEVER seen any such changes in your life..nor has anyone else, but you believe that it happened Laughat

Sounds like religion Laugh out load
16-02-2015, 10:38 AM
(16-02-2015 10:17 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Yep he did that with GWOG's debate, he made a huge error in regards to Gamaliel in his response to GWOG and is engaging in childish taunts now. He has demonstrated nothing but how to be a jerk for Jesus.

Actually it was GWOG that screwed up the debate, not me. I don't expect anyone to acknowledge that fact, because after all, this is home-forum advantage for him, and to the home crowd, the home team can do no wrong.

As far as what I've demonstrated, I've demonstrated that the truth stands on its own two feet, and I've also demonstrated that, in our exchanges, you are simply not ready, little man.
16-02-2015, 10:41 AM
(16-02-2015 10:31 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  I understand that you believe that reptiles evolved into birds...despite the fact that you've NEVER seen any such changes in your life..nor has anyone else, but you believe that it happened Laughat

Sounds like religion Laugh out load

Evolution in Action: a 50,000-Generation Salute to Charles Darwin - The evolutionary process can be directly observed by watching microbes as they change and adapt over time

(16-02-2015 10:31 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Bullshit. I don't reject evolution because I don't understand it, I reject it because I DO understand it.

Apparently not.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
16-02-2015, 10:44 AM
(16-02-2015 10:31 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  WHERE...DID...CONSCIOUSNESS...COME...FROM?

The answer is emergence. Your refusal to accept these facts do not make them any less true. In mathematics, when faced with a seemingly intractable problem, it is common to model a simpler version of a similar problem and solve that. That's where the state of emergence is currently. True, it is still not cut-and-dried, however all indications are that such is the path of discovery. The application of similar processes to the god equation yields the inescapable conclusion that god is noting more than a construct of the human mind. Perhaps you are aware of the modern realization that if yours was the morality of YHWH, you'd likely be arrested, jailed, and perhaps executed.

I refuse that is the image in which you were made, I also refuse to believe that you believe it.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
16-02-2015, 10:44 AM
(16-02-2015 10:31 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  ...
Whenever someone questions or disagrees with demonstrates ignorance of the theory of evolution, they always get accused of being ignorant of the theory

Fixt

Thumbsup

No... no... No need to thank me. It's all part of the job.

Wink

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
16-02-2015, 10:51 AM
(16-02-2015 10:31 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Bullshit. I don't reject evolution because I don't understand it, I reject it because I DO understand it. I understand that you believe that reptiles evolved into birds...despite the fact that you've NEVER seen any such changes in your life..nor has anyone else, but you believe that it happened Laughat

Non sequitur.

You cannot both understand it and then follow it up with that ignorant drivel, it doesn’t follow.

[Image: aapunch10.JPG]
Ronald_of_the_Ignorant

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post