I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
08-02-2015, 01:28 PM
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
(08-02-2015 12:31 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  The argument based on the Historicity of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ is an argument that doesn't apply to any other God, and is fallacy-free.

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2015, 01:29 PM
(08-02-2015 01:25 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 01:20 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Do you believe the human body is made of atoms like what scientists say?

1. The human body is made up of atoms (like what scientists say)
2. Therefore, life came from non-life.

You don't have to have a PH.D in philosophy to see that the conclusion does not follow from the premise.

Yet you said this.

Quote:And naturalists a.k.a "atheists" say that inanimate matter once came to life and began talking, thinking, and having sex.

I am not so sure how absurd a talking snake can be when compared to abiogenesis

Which means you are a creationist or some form of?

So, What the hell is the deal here? Because your posts are not making any coherent sense and it seems you might be trolling us at this point if you are just going to change your mind that fast.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
08-02-2015, 01:30 PM
(08-02-2015 01:25 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 01:20 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I can do that right now retard!

Yet, a Nobel Prize is what you lack.

(08-02-2015 01:20 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Do you believe the human body is made of atoms like what scientists say?

1. The human body is made up of atoms (like what scientists say)
2. Therefore, life came from non-life.

You don't have to have a PH.D in philosophy to see that the conclusion does not follow from the premise.

There is nothing else but atoms arranged in a particular way that has been found to make any living matter.

We can conclude that living things are made up of solely non-living matter.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
08-02-2015, 01:30 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2015 02:14 PM by GirlyMan.)
(08-02-2015 01:23 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 12:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Redskins. Drinking Beverage

Good choice. I was going to say Wilja or Charlotte.

Debate over.

(08-02-2015 01:24 PM)gofish! Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 12:52 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I prefer using a baby yukon gold, myself.

I'm sorry but how can anyone say Red Skins? Jersey New Potatoes, end of.

Histori...cicity sez so. Dodgy

It appears the matter is not yet settled. Can we at least stipulate that when you see someone trying to make potato salad from Russets the results are invariably hilarious?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-02-2015, 01:32 PM
(08-02-2015 01:25 PM)morondog Wrote:  Riddle me this, Christ-fellator: why does your God require you to speak for him? Why doesn't *he* speak? And who the fuck are you and the rest of the twits who come through here to convey God's message anyway?

The Bible states that man is without excuse for not believing in God, even saying that only a FOOL says in his heart, "there is no god". The Bible says (touching on the first point) that the evidence is clear based on nature...you know, an entire universe that BEGAN to exist with intelligent life occupying it..you know, shit like that.

And as far as your second question, if I can save just one person on here, then I've done a good thing.

Third, if you want to hear God's message, just wait..because on judgement day, you will hear him loud and clear.
08-02-2015, 01:33 PM
(08-02-2015 01:27 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 01:16 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  How long are we talking...a day, a year, decade, century? What?

You probably can't...but what we can do is appeal to the best explanation, and my argument is that God has more explanatory value regarding the question of origins.

Wow. An honest theist. Great. We're done then, because if something is indistinguishable from something that is merely imaginary, then it is imaginary and does not actually exist, no matter how well it explains something. That was fun.

[Image: humiliationdemotivator.jpg]

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
[+] 2 users Like gofish!'s post
08-02-2015, 01:33 PM
(08-02-2015 01:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 01:23 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Good choice. I was going to say Wilja or Charlotte.

Debate over.

(08-02-2015 01:24 PM)gofish! Wrote:  I'm sorry but how can anyone say Red Skins? Jersey New Potatoes, end of.

Histori...cicity sez so. Dodgy

It appears the matter is not yet settled. Can we at least stipulate that when you see someone trying to make potato salad from Russets the results are hilarious?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNjwwYDX4rvcHi75G6R9N...DK_osYUPkR]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
08-02-2015, 01:34 PM
(08-02-2015 12:52 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 12:40 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Jesus never existed. There is no evidence he ever did.

Yet the vast majority of all historians believe that he did, based on historical evidence?

(08-02-2015 12:40 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Even Christian seminary professors and scholars argue about the meaning of "resurrection". There is no consensus even among Christian scholars.
Oops. Fail.

Are you talking about the argument over whether the Resurrection was physical or spiritual?

(08-02-2015 12:40 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/95508...surrection
The fact is, you are more than likely INCOMPETENT to even begin to discuss the topic. Provide me with you academic credentials, and THEN I will decide if you're worth wasting my time over.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...other-look

I am not a scholar on the topic, but I am far from a novice. But since you don't appear to be able to do more than post links, I don't think you are a worthy enough opponent for me anyway. I can post links to back up my position, so then what?

(08-02-2015 12:40 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  (I sure hope you're not a follower of that fool Gary Habermas?)

Gary Habermas, Mike Licona, William Craig, Peter J. Williams, Craig Evans, Ben Witherington, James White....just a few guys that are on the forefront accepting all challengers on this here topic.

(08-02-2015 12:40 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  If you are not schooled in Greek and Archaic Hebrew, don't even think about wasting my time.

Actually, it appears that you are the one wasting my time.

That's what I thought. You have nothing, and are actually incompetent to even discuss the topic, and you don't even read in original languages.
What are you, a freshman at Biola Crap College ?
My links CONTAIN information, and I WROTE one of them.
You have no poll of scholars, so you are lying. You can CLAIM scholars this or that, but in fact even the Jesus Seminar did not agree a=on what the resurrection meant. The fact that your list of fundie fools "takes on comers" to argue with, in no way means they are good at it, (at WLCraig recently proved when he was soundly trounded by Dr Carroll from Cal Tech).

But thanks for clearly demonstrating your god is nothing but a "gap" argument for explaining things you have no explanation for, (and not a REAL relationship with your Jebus). There is NO EVIDENCE you can provide Jesus existed. NONE.

BTW, how life can for from non-life, has been demonstrated in the lab. I realise it's WAY over your head, but (apart from the fact that there is no absolute boundary between life and non-life) you proved you know nothing about current science. We get nuts like you here frequently. You're not special. Neither is your god.
This series demonstrates it.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_q...ck+szostak

Your Jebus said "No one shall come to me, UNLESS the Father draw him". There is no proof for any of the gods, including yours, and you have none, AND even your Jebus and St. Paul said faith was a gift. YOU cannot give that gift.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
08-02-2015, 01:36 PM
(08-02-2015 01:32 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 01:25 PM)morondog Wrote:  Riddle me this, Christ-fellator: why does your God require you to speak for him? Why doesn't *he* speak? And who the fuck are you and the rest of the twits who come through here to convey God's message anyway?

The Bible states that man is without excuse for not believing in God, even saying that only a FOOL says in his heart, "there is no god". The Bible says (touching on the first point) that the evidence is clear based on nature...you know, an entire universe that BEGAN to exist with intelligent life occupying it..you know, shit like that.

And as far as your second question, if I can save just one person on here, then I've done a good thing.

Third, if you want to hear God's message, just wait..because on judgement day, you will hear him loud and clear.

Quoting the Bible at us does not get you anything except derision.

An atheist does not believe he needs saving.

Threatening us with your imaginary end game is pointless, and just marks you as a typical religious bully.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
08-02-2015, 01:36 PM
(08-02-2015 01:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  There is nothing else but atoms arranged in a particular way that has been found to make any living matter.

But where did the LIFE force come from? There are plenty of dead bodies at the morgue that are made up of atoms arranged in a particular way, yet they are not living. So it is clear that the life force and the physical matter are two different things.

(08-02-2015 01:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  We can conclude that living things are made up of solely non-living matter.

But the non-living matter isn't the "life".