I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
22-02-2015, 10:12 AM
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
(16-02-2015 02:08 PM)natachan Wrote:  I thought my explanation was fairly straightforward. Your brain is made up of neurons.

No it isn't. Your brain is made up of cartilage. Try again.

(16-02-2015 02:08 PM)natachan Wrote:  These link together to form neural networks through the patterns of the firing of these neurons. Your consciousness is a result of these neurons firing.

Ok, so go to a morgue, and fire some neurons in the brain of one of the dead guys, and see if the dead guy regains consciousness. This is foolishness, first, because you aren't explaining where the neurons came from in the first place, second, even if you did, that still wouldn't get you consciousness. Third, if that were the case, then please explain to me which neuron corresponds to my thought of a black cat.

The neuron itself ISN'T the thought.

(16-02-2015 02:08 PM)natachan Wrote:  Just like a computers display is a result of 1's and 0's. That's it. If you break it down to its core that's all it is. I tried to give a simple analogy so it could be understood.

Bullshit. First, because computers have programmers that input the codes, which is actually what one would call INTELLIGENT DESIGNERS. Second, if you are using such an example, you are admitting that an intelligent designer is needed to input the information, so why would you use an example of intelligent design and parallel that with something that you doesn't believe is intelligently designed.

Fallacy of false analogy. Try again.

(16-02-2015 02:08 PM)natachan Wrote:  Likewise I will break down why I think you don't understand evolution. Evolution, without all the fluff and feathers, is the variation in alleles in a population over time. Thats it. That's all it is.

I agree, but the difference between me and you is simple; You believe that these variations AREN'T limited to the "kinds"...I believe these variations ARE limited to the kinds. There are many different varieties of dogs, but they are all the same KIND of animal. There are limits to the varieties...we only see animals producing after their kind...animals have only been observed to produce what they ARE, not what they AREN'T...and if you believe otherwise, fine, but that isn't science, that is religion.

(16-02-2015 02:08 PM)natachan Wrote:  You seem to imply that evolution has agency. This is as ludicrous as saying that F=ma has agency. It's a fact of nature. It is the implications of this that bothers evolution deniers.

I am saying that evolution is impossible with an intelligent designer.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2015, 10:14 AM
(16-02-2015 02:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  If this thread actually breaks out into a real debate with CallhimWild, someone please notify me - via smoke signals or carrier pigeon...that's it - send a raven.

They don't want a debate, they just want to pile up in gangs and cheer each other on..I even think I saw Whisky with pom poms.

I made an open challenge to ANYONE on here regarding a debate, and no one accepted the challenge yet. Cool
22-02-2015, 10:20 AM
(16-02-2015 02:56 PM)Impulse Wrote:  You say that like it has any merit.

So my question of "where in hell did consciousness come from?" doesnt have any merit? So let me guess, "Who cares where it came from, as long as God didn't do it"...that is the logic around here, apparently.

(16-02-2015 02:56 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Yet, your answer is "god". So tell me, where did "god" come from? Consider And please don't give me the usual "he always existed" cop out unless you're also willing to admit you're a hypocrite.

There is something out there that is eternal, either God is eternal, or the universe is eternal..but the problem you have is, we can actually demonstrate why the universe just CAN'T be eternal...we can do that in a number of ways, via science, or philosophy...and you can't scientifically disprove the existence or God, nor can you make any philosophical argument AGAINST the existence of God...and if you can do either, then lets hear it.
22-02-2015, 10:22 AM
(16-02-2015 03:26 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  wow lol. I lost interest in this thread a long time ago. Is he still going on trying to debate us, or has this just been turned into us making fun of him by now.

Wait a minute, your questionare doesn't have a "none of the above" option.
22-02-2015, 10:23 AM
(18-02-2015 02:53 AM)jackcav12 Wrote:  Dont know if its already been said but if you believe everything in the bible we are all inbred and i would much rather come from a monkey than be inbred.... The bible is full of contradictions and full of Nonsense Smile

So does Origin of Species
22-02-2015, 10:25 AM
(22-02-2015 10:14 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(16-02-2015 02:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  If this thread actually breaks out into a real debate with CallhimWild, someone please notify me - via smoke signals or carrier pigeon...that's it - send a raven.

They don't want a debate, they just want to pile up in gangs and cheer each other on..I even think I saw Whisky with pom poms.

I made an open challenge to ANYONE on here regarding a debate, and no one accepted the challenge yet. Cool

"I am saying that evolution is impossible with an intelligent designer."

EXACTLY, and since we have solid evidence for evolution, and zero evidence for the skygenie, that shows that..." evolution is impossible with an intelligent designer.", thus the intelligent designer is impossible as evolution is proven....next.

You haven't made a substantiated claim yet worth a shit, keep singing it brother, maybe you can at least convince yourself.

Once again, zero evidence for jesus, no one who ever wrote of jesus knew him, all hearsay and fairy tale, and since christianity is based on the belief that jesus the christ was the son of "god" and died for our sins, and jesus didn't exist in that capacity, if he existed at all, then christiainty is a failed religion, like they all are.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
22-02-2015, 10:26 AM
Quote:Ok, so go to a morgue, and fire some neurons in the brain of one of the dead guys, and see if the dead guy regains consciousness. This is foolishness, first, because you aren't explaining where the neurons came from in the first place, second, even if you did, that still wouldn't get you consciousness. Third, if that were the case, then please explain to me which neuron corresponds to my thought of a black cat.

So am I to understand this correctly- your (limited) knowledge of neuroscience is part of what you use to justify your faith?

The more I learned and observed, the less I could continue to justify my faith. Work with some patients with anoxic brain injuries, strokes, or traumatic brain injuries and then try and talk about duality and post mortem preservation of self.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 5 users Like Nurse's post
22-02-2015, 10:31 AM
(22-02-2015 10:12 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(16-02-2015 02:08 PM)natachan Wrote:  I thought my explanation was fairly straightforward. Your brain is made up of neurons.

No it isn't. Your brain is made up of cartilage. Try again.

Someone say something. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
22-02-2015, 10:32 AM
(22-02-2015 10:31 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(22-02-2015 10:12 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  No it isn't. Your brain is made up of cartilage. Try again.

I just thought he was being sarcastic.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
22-02-2015, 10:32 AM (This post was last modified: 22-02-2015 10:36 AM by goodwithoutgod.)
(22-02-2015 10:31 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(22-02-2015 10:12 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  No it isn't. Your brain is made up of cartilage. Try again.

(22-02-2015 10:12 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  No it isn't. My brain is made up of cartilage. Try again.

FIXED!

That explains EVERYTHING Yes

Cartilage
Cartilage is a type of dense connective tissue.
Cartilage is composed of cells called chondrocytes which are dispersed in a firm gel-like ground substance, called the matrix.
Cartilage is avascular (contains no blood vessels) and nutrients are diffused through the matrix.
Cartilage is found in the joints, the rib cage, the ear, the nose, in the throat and between intervertebral disks.
There are three main types of cartilage: hyaline, elastic and fibrocartilage.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/articles/c/cartilage.htm

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post