I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
22-02-2015, 05:54 PM
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
call_of_the_wild Wrote:No it isn't. Your brain is made up of cartilage. Try again.

Blink

Are you high? Or just incredibly stupid?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain

Quote:In a typical human, the cerebral cortex (the largest part) is estimated to contain 15–33 billion neurons,[1] each connected by synapses to several thousand other neurons.

It is most certainly made up of neurons. You are wrong. Clearly and utterly wrong.

Quote:Ok, so go to a morgue, and fire some neurons in the brain of one of the dead guys, and see if the dead guy regains consciousness. This is foolishness, first, because you aren't explaining where the neurons came from in the first place, second, even if you did, that still wouldn't get you consciousness. Third, if that were the case, then please explain to me which neuron corresponds to my thought of a black cat.

The neuron itself ISN'T the thought.

I'm an engineering student, I have only a passing interest in neuroscience and have only taken one course in it. From my understanding once the brain is deprived of oxygen the neurons begin to die and decay. Once they go, that's it. They're gone. People who have lost blood flow and oxygen to the brain often suffer long term effects due to this. So if you did go to a morgue and try to reanimate those brains you would be unsuccessful because of the decay.

And yes, your thought of a black cat is a firing of neurons. Specific neurons firing in a specific sequence. But you'd have to get a doctor with a specialty in that to know more. This is the extent of my knowledge.

Quote:Bullshit. First, because computers have programmers that input the codes, which is actually what one would call INTELLIGENT DESIGNERS. Second, if you are using such an example, you are admitting that an intelligent designer is needed to input the information, so why would you use an example of intelligent design and parallel that with something that you doesn't believe is intelligently designed.

Fallacy of false analogy. Try again.

Consciousness is an emergent property. I gave computer codes because that is what I am familiar with. I notice you don't bring up how I mentioned weather to make the analogy. Because it's more convenient to you to point to an example where you can say "Aha! Intelligent design!"

Consciousness is an emergent property. Just like weather. Just like the graphics on a computer screen. Just like the deliciousness of a chocolate cake. They come about as a complex interaction of simple parts. This is not a false analogy. I am trying to explain a complex idea using a simple explanation.

Quote:I agree, but the difference between me and you is simple; You believe that these variations AREN'T limited to the "kinds"...I believe these variations ARE limited to the kinds. There are many different varieties of dogs, but they are all the same KIND of animal. There are limits to the varieties...we only see animals producing after their kind...animals have only been observed to produce what they ARE, not what they AREN'T...and if you believe otherwise, fine, but that isn't science, that is religion.

What is a "kind"? How do you define it? How do you define this?
[Image: 2014_01_15_17_16_22.jpg]

Is it a cat? Or a dog?

How about this?

[Image: 3613e756.jpg]

The current system gives the illusion of kinds because the basal forms are all extinct. To those who want to place us in a privileged and separate class as humans this is convenient, since all evolutionary links between us and our nearest relatives are extinct. That doesn't mean that we ARE separate, or that there ARE separate kinds. Just that the intermediaries are now lost.

Quote:I am saying that evolution is impossible with an intelligent designer.

Other Christians disagree with you. They argue that an intelligent deity directly guided evolution. But even that is irrelevant as you haven't demonstrated that there IS an intelligent designer. Until then this is simply a baseless assertion made without evidence and as such dismissed.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like natachan's post
22-02-2015, 07:01 PM
(22-02-2015 09:45 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  I responded directly to a video that our good friend Bucky posted, and I gave quotes from the video, emphasizing the fact that the guy in the video made my point for me. I don't recall Bucky responding to this, which is not surprising, because it is very difficult to rebuttal the truth.

I gave you links. How about you do the same? Or at least provide the post number.

(22-02-2015 10:20 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  So my question of "where in hell did consciousness come from?" doesnt have any merit? So let me guess, "Who cares where it came from, as long as God didn't do it"...that is the logic around here, apparently.

Wrong guess. Your "question" was rhetorical and more of a point. It's that and your statement that the question hasn't been answered yet that have no merit. Drinking Beverage

(22-02-2015 10:20 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  There is something out there that is eternal, either God is eternal, or the universe is eternal..

Unfounded assertion.

(22-02-2015 10:20 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  but the problem you have is, we can actually demonstrate why the universe just CAN'T be eternal...we can do that in a number of ways, via science, or philosophy...

Unfounded assertion.

(22-02-2015 10:20 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  and you can't scientifically disprove the existence or God,

Correct, but of course that doesn't mean "God" (whatever that is) exists either.

(22-02-2015 10:20 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  nor can you make any philosophical argument AGAINST the existence of God...and if you can do either, then lets hear it.

Well, I could, but one that would satisfy you? Surely not. You've clearly demonstrated that you're not open to anything that contradicts your preconceptions.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
22-02-2015, 09:20 PM (This post was last modified: 22-02-2015 11:01 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(22-02-2015 09:45 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  nor can you make any philosophical argument AGAINST the existence of God...and if you can do either, then lets hear it.

It's very simple, actually. The fundamental reality of the universe has been proven to *not be amenable* to "philosophical arguments". Reality HAS been proven to be non-intuitive, at it's most fundamental (that we know of) level. Relativity, Uncertainty, and some math, (Dirac). The ONLY thing left is evidence, and you have not a shred of that.

Secondly, if your god "exists" it must of necessity participate in Reality, and ONLY in part of Reality. As long as your god existed, non-existence ALSO HAD to be an element in Reality. Your god therefore cannot be the creator of the very Reality it is required to participate (and only partially) in.

Define "existence" and and doing so, make no reference to any temporal (time or space-time) concept, and then explain how that is not meaningless.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
22-02-2015, 10:13 PM
(22-02-2015 10:00 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  jesus!
are you even still here?

I probably won't be here too much longer.
22-02-2015, 10:15 PM
(22-02-2015 10:00 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Well look what crawled out from under the rock, took enough bait...

Learned the real authorship and dates for the synoptic gospels yet? Rolleyes

Where you there? Probably not. So how do you know who wrote what???
22-02-2015, 10:24 PM
(22-02-2015 09:42 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(16-02-2015 01:37 PM)Leo Wrote:  It doesn't matter if a single troll or a team of trolls are out in force. They will be destroyed by our members.Tongue

I don't know if I am on an atheist forum, or watching an episode of The X-Men Laugh out load

I honestly believe you really can't tell the difference even if you try. Drinking Beverage

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
22-02-2015, 10:25 PM
(22-02-2015 10:08 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  In what post number did you do that ?

I don't know the exact number, but I am positive it is somewhere in between the first post of the thread, and the last one.

(22-02-2015 10:08 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Not having an answer to something does not an argument for one of the gods make. (Of COURSE, you're talking about YOUR god, right ?)

I am not sure if the above post would make any sense, even if it did actually make sense (if that makes any sense :lolSmile )

(22-02-2015 10:08 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Your god is not special. Yahweh was the 70th son of the Babylonian deity (El Elyon), known as "the god of the armies, the war god, or *Lord of Hosts* .. sound familiar ? Even the Bible called him that. Or have you never actually read the Babble ?

The old "comparing the Judeo-Christian God to other religions" approach, aye?

(22-02-2015 10:08 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Point out your responses to the video, and they will be answered.

Pay more attention to the instructor and you won't have this kind of problem.

(22-02-2015 10:08 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  And while you're at it, tell us EXACTLY what is the boundary between life and non-life, AND tell us what your qualifications are, to say anything on the subject.

The boundary between life and nonlife starts with God, and ends with God.
22-02-2015, 10:28 PM
(22-02-2015 10:15 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(22-02-2015 10:00 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Well look what crawled out from under the rock, took enough bait...

Learned the real authorship and dates for the synoptic gospels yet? Rolleyes

Where you there? Probably not. So how do you know who wrote what???

Even if you're stupid argument had any merit, it would apply to you too. Way to shoot yourself in the foot, genius.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
22-02-2015, 10:30 PM
Quote:The boundary between life and nonlife starts with God, and ends with God.

When you post things like that here, why would you expect anyone to take you seriously?
22-02-2015, 10:30 PM
(22-02-2015 10:14 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(16-02-2015 02:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  If this thread actually breaks out into a real debate with CallhimWild, someone please notify me - via smoke signals or carrier pigeon...that's it - send a raven.

They don't want a debate, they just want to pile up in gangs and cheer each other on..I even think I saw Whisky with pom poms.

I made an open challenge to ANYONE on here regarding a debate, and no one accepted the challenge yet. Cool

1.) Whiskey has a letter e in it you illiterate dumbass.

2.) You see a lot of shit, most of it delusions so feel free to think you saw that too.

3.) You had an active debate going on in the boxing ring. You refused to engage in it and tried repeatedly to change the venue. You are basically just lying through your teeth at this point.

4.) I accepted your challenge to debate, you have refused to accept my challenge as to the conditions of the debate. If you can pull your dick out of your mouth long enough to figure out if you are a man or not feel free to accept that challenge.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post