I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
22-02-2015, 10:53 PM
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
(22-02-2015 10:43 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  I believe in mind/body dualism not because of what I don't know, but because of what I do know.
Which is what you said about evolution as well and that's been proven wrong. Your clearly lying about this too given you don't even know what the brain is made of.

(22-02-2015 10:43 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Ultimately, I am talking about ORIGINS...I could care less what happened after things originated...my question is regarding how did it get there in the first place.
He says after challenging everyone and their dog to a debate on Evolution. Rolleyes

When you dropped out of school had your grade even made it to a numerical count, or did it still start with a big old K.HoboHobo

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2015, 10:55 PM
(22-02-2015 10:40 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Nope, the Urban Dictionary doesn't say that cartilage means brain. Must figure this out. Consider

Figure out how consciousness could have originated from unconsciousness while you are at it.
22-02-2015, 10:57 PM
(22-02-2015 10:43 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  I believe in mind/body dualism not because of what I don't know, but because of what I do know.

Well Mr. Cartilage Brain, apparently you *know* next to nothing.
Moving your goal-posts I see. First you don't get how life started, and now in the absence of information you *need* to live (as you suffer from low ambiguity tolerance), now you change it to "origins" which is a completely different matter.

Still waiting for the post number where you *claimed* you discussed a video.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
22-02-2015, 10:57 PM
This has been explained more than once. If you haven't got it by now it's not our fault you're being willfully ignorant.
22-02-2015, 10:58 PM
(22-02-2015 10:44 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  yeah sorry there buddy, you aren't ready for the big leagues yet.

I can hold my own against anyone...you of all people should know that by now.

(22-02-2015 10:44 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  You need to go study for awhile, learn things like...historicity of jesus, historicity of the bible, compilation of the NT, creation of the OT from Sumerian myths, myriad of issues with the scribe process...then try to figure out what no one yet on earth has been able to, and that is ....prove this fairy tale is true...may the force be with you. here are some recommended courses of study...I got A's in all of them, just sayin..

• Foundations of Christian faith
• The Old and New Testament
• Religions of the world
• History of Christianity
• Christian morality
• Christian social justice
• History of philosophy

Some I think you need that I enjoyed:

REL 110RS The Emergence of Christianity: Examination of Foundational Christian Texts

REL 123 Christian Spiritual Vision

REL 210RS Many are Called, but Who is Chosen? Christian Understandings of Salvation

REL 223 World Religions: East and West

REL 123 Foundations of Christian Faith

REL 124 Introduction to the Old Testament

REL 201 Introduction to the New Testament

REL 223 Religions of the World I: Western Religions

REL 450 History of Christianity

REL 470 Christology

http://online.saintleo.edu/academics/bac...igion.aspx

EDIT. Just checked my transcript as I couldn't remember the name of a course, here it is, really good one, you may truly enjoy it.

PHI-101 DL01 The Quest for Wisdom A- 3.00 2008SU1

All of this from the guy that doesn't have the time to participate in a real-time discussion of these very issues that he brags so much about Cool
22-02-2015, 11:02 PM
(22-02-2015 10:47 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/page/r...-the-bible

http://www.debate.org.uk/debate-topics/a.../contrads/

As just demonstrated, anyone can post links to support their position....
22-02-2015, 11:03 PM
(22-02-2015 10:52 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  When he said the brain was made up of neurons, no one said a damn thing...I say the brain is made up of cartilage...and everyone has bitchy fits Laugh out load

But... the brain is made up pretty much of neurons...? Consider
Though, sorry, I've not been able to keep close track on this thread and don';t know the exact context of the whole 'Neuron/cartilage' thing.

(22-02-2015 10:52 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Regardless of what the brain is made up of, that still doesn't explain the origin of consciousness, which is my only point anyway.

But... this has been explained to you. I've read those posts along the way.

(22-02-2015 10:52 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  You people are fighting, stop fighting the facts...

You...um.. haven't actually shown any facts yet, though... Consider

(22-02-2015 10:52 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Science isn't the begin-all/end-all to knowledge...

Indeed and in the words of Dara O’Briain "If science knew everything... it'd stop."

(22-02-2015 10:52 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  There are some things that science cannot explain.

Again, indeed there are... however... none of the points you seem to be raising really qualify up there int he realms of 'Don't know...

(22-02-2015 10:52 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  And you people are trying very hard, the effort is there...but there are just simply too many more questions than you guys can provide answers for....and until I can get some good answers to my origins questions, I will stick to my theism Yes

Does that include the answers you've gotten that you seem to have also ignored? Consider

Much cheers to all.
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
22-02-2015, 11:04 PM (This post was last modified: 22-02-2015 11:10 PM by WhiskeyDebates.)
(22-02-2015 10:52 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  When he said the brain was made up of neurons, no one said a damn thing...I say the brain is made up of cartilage...and everyone has bitchy fits Laugh out load

That's because the brain is made up of neurons and not of cartilage you uneducated fucking caveman.

(22-02-2015 10:52 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Regardless of what the brain is made up of,
No not regardless of anything you moron. If you don't even know what the brain is made of you are not mentally competent enough to judge anything anyone here says. You are the best at this? Har-fucking-har you trainingwheeled motherfucker. Laugh out load

(22-02-2015 10:52 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  that still doesn't explain the origin of consciousness, which is my only point anyway.
Actually it does. Not to you, but you couldn't pass a grade 10 biology class so you don't get a say.

(22-02-2015 10:52 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  You people are fighting, stop fighting the facts.
What like how the brain is made of cartilage? Rolleyes Go fuck a threshing machine.

(22-02-2015 10:52 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  ....and until I can get some good answers to my origins questions, I will stick to my theism Yes

Do not ever become an atheist. If you were to become one you would inevitably try to talk about it and if you are as incompetent at that as you are at defending your retarded cock hungry god you would do us all a disservice. Please stay with the other morally and intellectually bankrupt people in your bumblefuck of a religion.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
22-02-2015, 11:05 PM
(22-02-2015 11:01 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  As someone who has done minor research into brains and nerves, I'm not getting the cartilage claim.

I'm lost here, guys.

I am lost, too. I am not getting the life from nonlife claim, or consciousness from unconsciousness claim...or the universe from nothing claim.

Very lost.

*Reads Gen 1*

Ahhh, I was once lost, and now I've been found.
22-02-2015, 11:07 PM
(22-02-2015 10:25 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  I don't know the exact number, but I am positive it is somewhere in between the first post of the thread, and the last one.

That's what I thought. You're a fucking liar, and you never replied at all to any video, you just claimed you did.

(22-02-2015 10:25 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  I am not sure if the above post would make any sense, even if it did actually make sense (if that makes any sense :lolSmile )

Exactly. You are completely able to make any coherent argument about anything.
"LOL" is not an argument. It just shows how utterly mentally bankrupt you are.

(22-02-2015 10:25 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  The old "comparing the Judeo-Christian God to other religions" approach, aye?

Wrong again. HE IS the Judeo-Christian god. But thanks for confirming you have never ver taken even one course in Biblical Studies.

(22-02-2015 10:25 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Pay more attention to the instructor and you won't have this kind of problem.

More proof. You are utterly incapable of making an argument about anything.

(22-02-2015 10:25 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  The boundary between life and nonlife starts with God, and ends with God.

Facepalm
See comment above.
You are a sad little troll. And what's even sadder, you actually think you have some skill at debating. Weeping
And thanks for demonstrating you have never also taken even ONE Biology class.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post