I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
08-02-2015, 01:37 PM
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
(08-02-2015 01:36 PM)Chas Wrote:  Quoting the Bible at us does not get you anything except derision.

An atheist does not believe he needs saving.

Threatening us with your imaginary end game is pointless, and just marks you as a typical religious bully.

He asked a question, and I gave him an answer.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2015, 01:37 PM
The last time I was here, I could swear someone was worried that we'd run out of nutbars to chew on.

See, you needn't have worried...there'll always be a fresh supply...

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
[+] 7 users Like gofish!'s post
08-02-2015, 01:39 PM
(08-02-2015 01:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 01:23 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Good choice. I was going to say Wilja or Charlotte.

Debate over.

(08-02-2015 01:24 PM)gofish! Wrote:  I'm sorry but how can anyone say Red Skins? Jersey New Potatoes, end of.

Histori...cicity sez so. Dodgy

It appears the matter is not yet settled. Can we at least stipulate that when you see someone trying to make potato salad from Russets the results are hilarious?

Yes!!!!! We agree russets are the worst choice for potato salad..like ever.

I still think Yukon gold are the best. Smile

Redskinned potatoes are ok...but only if you can't find the gold potato.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

08-02-2015, 01:39 PM
(08-02-2015 01:36 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 01:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  There is nothing else but atoms arranged in a particular way that has been found to make any living matter.

But where did the LIFE force come from? There are plenty of dead bodies at the morgue that are made up of atoms arranged in a particular way, yet they are not living. So it is clear that the life force and the physical matter are two different things.

There is no 'life force', neither in upper nor lower case.
When something dies, it means that the required arrangement no longer exists.

Quote:
(08-02-2015 01:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  We can conclude that living things are made up of solely non-living matter.

But the non-living matter isn't the "life".

No, the matter isn't the life, the arrangement into molecules and cells that interact is the life.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
08-02-2015, 01:41 PM
Also, I would like to point out much older religions then all the abrahamic religions! The story of jesus is borrowed from the stories of other gods.

Apollonius of Tyana - Our Saviour cannot be mistaken for any other. He performed countless miracles on earth, miracles well attested to by bystanders. He healed the sick and the crippled, restored sight to the blind, cast out demons, and even raised the dead! His birth was of a virgin, foretold by an angel. While still a child, he exhibited extraordinary knowledge of religious scripture. He reformed the corrupt and worldly religions of his day. He was crucified, rose from the tomb and appeared to his disciples to prove to them his power over death, after which he ascended to Heaven to sit at the right hand of the Father. He was known as “the Son of God!” His message is of love and compassion.

Sound familiar?

Hercules - Virgin birth

zarathustra - Persian god figure, And there is of course the God-man, the prophet, the founder of a great monotheistic religion that still exist today. He preached that there was only one true God, and his teachings focused on the eternal fight between good and evil. The teachings include the idea of the Saviour will wake the dead and pass judgment on all. The righteous ones goes to Paradise and the sinful straight to a burning Hell. The very word of Paradise stems from this religion. This semigod started his career in his early thirties, and had a following of disciples. As a band of monks they wandered around, preaching their religion. He was eventually killed and sent to heaven.

Krishna - Wise men were led to his birth by a star, and his conception was miraculous. After his birth the ruler in the area wanted him dead and started a hunt for the child. But his parents were warned by a heavenly messenger who told them to escape over the river with the holy child. Here, he was met by shepherds. His adoptive human father was a carpenter. The boy grew up and did many great deeds, and was the mediator between God and man.

Mithra - The original “Light of the world” was the mediator between God and man and was born on the 25.th of December. Local shepherds witnessed his birth and gave him gifts. He had 12 disciples, and when his work was done on earth he gathered together to a last supper, and then ascended to heaven. At doomsday he will return to pass judgment on both the living and the dead. The righteous will go to heaven and the sinful will be killed in a giant fire. Sunday is his holyday, and this religion gave us the seven days of the week. His followers called each other “brothers” and their leaders “fathers”. They practiced babtism and established a sacred meal ritual, where flesh and blood was symbolically consumed by initiates. Above earth was heaven, and below the dark hell with demons and the sinners.

There is NOTHING in Christianity that is original. NOTHING!

You want to know why its the number one religion? because in addition to mass murder of anyone who disagreed with them against FAR more peaceful people, they took what was already familiar to everyone else and plagiarized it. They have been plagiarizing things since the beginning. Christianity is the copycat religion.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 6 users Like Shadow Fox's post
08-02-2015, 01:42 PM
(08-02-2015 01:37 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 01:36 PM)Chas Wrote:  Quoting the Bible at us does not get you anything except derision.

An atheist does not believe he needs saving.

Threatening us with your imaginary end game is pointless, and just marks you as a typical religious bully.

He asked a question, and I gave him an answer.

A poor answer that included all that extraneous crap.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
08-02-2015, 01:44 PM
(08-02-2015 01:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 01:37 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  He asked a question, and I gave him an answer.

A poor answer that included all that extraneous crap.

Seems important - should be capitalized. Drinking Beverage

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
08-02-2015, 01:46 PM
(08-02-2015 01:36 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  But where did the LIFE force come from? There are plenty of dead bodies at the morgue that are made up of atoms arranged in a particular way, yet they are not living. So it is clear that the life force and the physical matter are two different things.

What life force? What is a life force? Can you demonstrate that such a force exists?
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
08-02-2015, 01:50 PM
I've just read 9 pages and I still haven't seen CotW's best, clearly stated god claim.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
08-02-2015, 01:52 PM
(08-02-2015 01:50 PM)pablo Wrote:  I've just read 9 pages and I still haven't seen CotW's best, clearly stated god claim.

I Believe it was covered in the first post. Drinking Beverage

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post