I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
22-02-2015, 11:31 PM
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
(22-02-2015 11:19 PM)pablo Wrote:  I couldn't debate a presup. I would never concede any of their presuppositions, even for the sake of argument.
We would never get past his opening statement, which is exactly what they count on.
It's like the old movie War Games, the most logical move is not to play.

Don’t have to play, just point and make fun of them.

Nah, I hear you. I thought I could have an intelligent debate with Job_1207, but how can you debate anyone who says, “you’re wrong, but I can’t tell you why”?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
22-02-2015, 11:36 PM (This post was last modified: 23-02-2015 01:04 AM by DLJ.)
(22-02-2015 11:31 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  ...
how can you debate anyone who says, “you’re wrong, but I can’t tell you why”?

Why then, have any debate with any theist?

It all boils down to a failed epistemology ... Faith.

Fortunately, 'faith' always loses the debate and audiences can see it, hear it and feel it.

Faith's days are numbered.

This is the new Good News.

Thumbsup

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
22-02-2015, 11:45 PM (This post was last modified: 23-02-2015 12:35 AM by pablo.)
(22-02-2015 11:36 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(22-02-2015 11:31 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  ...
how can you debate anyone who says, “you’re wrong, but I can’t tell you why”?

Why then, have any debate with any theist?

It all boils down to a failed epistemology ... Faith.

Fortunately, 'faith' always loses the debate and audiences can see it, hear it and feel it.

Faith's days are numbered.

This is new Good News.

Thumbsup

I like Matt Dillahunty's approach to debates.

He says he'd rather the audience were nothing but theists so he can expose religion's fatal flaws to as many believers as possible.
No need to "preach to the choir" so to speak.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
23-02-2015, 08:55 AM
(22-02-2015 05:54 PM)natachan Wrote:  Are you high? Or just incredibly stupid?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain

[quote]In a typical human, the cerebral cortex (the largest part) is estimated to contain 15–33 billion neurons,[1] each connected by synapses to several thousand other neurons.

Since you've just demonstrated child-like logic, I will ignore the rest of the post and just educate you on your fallacy.You just asid "the cerebral cortext is estimated to contain 15-33 billion neurons"...but that is like saying "my house contains furniture, therefore, my house is made up of my furniture". It just simply doesn't follow...it is fallacious, a non-sequitur.

And what is funny is how your peers are on here cosigning this shitty logic (I've already read their ignorant posts regarding this), which makes them just as ignorant as you are.
23-02-2015, 08:59 AM
(22-02-2015 10:33 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(22-02-2015 10:09 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  186 posts and he has yet to make or counter a single assertion....always amusing the ones who come running in here on fire, and have zero substance....maybe someday we will actually get a theist who can validate, substantiate, and articulate their faith...I won't hold my breath.

next......

[Image: 2vl74oz.jpg]

[Image: mlkv2u.jpg]

[Image: 1zny2k7.jpg]

Wow, for someone that was just giving me a crap load of "I am very busy" nonsense, you are sure as hell making lots of posts.

I offered you a direct open challenge to debate me on any real-time format, and you gave me a "I am busy" poem, but yet you are on here day after day just posting away.

Consider

sigh my ineducable tyro child,,,,multi taskin and flippin over to a tab every few minutes is one thing, dedicating a constant block of time to debate someone who is unable to substantiate, validate, or articulate their point of view is a waste of my time. I much rather ridicule you here at my leisure, how are you studies coming?

Rolleyes

I provided you a debate, then because I got so excited and dumped a nuclear bomb worth of irrefutable facts on your head, I then backed up and started spoonfeeding you basics like....who wrote the synoptic gospels, and when, since you haven't answered that with anything besides "um, duh...der...you weren't there so how do you know!" childish uneducated response.

Wow, for someone that came in our forum demanding to debate an atheist, you sure haven't followed through...you aren't very good at this, you should go study, build up a knowledge base, maybe watch ken ham debate (laughs out loud at this suggestion...oh man I am funny) then come on back when you think you know something.

Until then child, you don't make any demands..you came here, you threw down a challenge, I mopped the floor with your ass, you have failed to provide anything more substantial then prove daily how little you know.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
23-02-2015, 09:04 AM
(22-02-2015 07:01 PM)Impulse Wrote:  I gave you links. How about you do the same? Or at least provide the post number.

Since I think you are a cool dude, I am gonna just gon ahead and give you the post number...#383
23-02-2015, 09:08 AM
(23-02-2015 08:55 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Since you've just demonstrated child-like logic, I will ignore the rest of the post and just educate you on your fallacy.You just asid "the cerebral cortext is estimated to contain 15-33 billion neurons"...but that is like saying "my house contains furniture, therefore, my house is made up of my furniture". It just simply doesn't follow...it is fallacious, a non-sequitur.

And what is funny is how your peers are on here cosigning this shitty logic (I've already read their ignorant posts regarding this), which makes them just as ignorant as you are.
Nope. This guys is no christian he's clearly a troll. The guy has been challenged by like..half a dozen people but just continues to lie and lie and lie. I'm all for entertainment value on the forum, but I don't fin any when 7+ people are all having to explain the exact same thing to him over and over while he makes claims like "the brain is made of cartilage" and then pretends to act like he is an expert in everything, while being an expert in nothing.

If he won't stop lying and he can't nut up and engage in a formal debate with anyone who has challenged him I see no point in keeping him around to be honest, he's just as bad as anti.

The cartilage thing is evidence enough he's either criminally stupid or trying to be disruptive intentionally.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
23-02-2015, 09:09 AM
(22-02-2015 09:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It's very simple, actually. The fundamental reality of the universe has been proven to *not be amenable* to "philosophical arguments". Reality HAS been proven to be non-intuitive, at it's most fundamental (that we know of) level. Relativity, Uncertainty, and some math, (Dirac). The ONLY thing left is evidence, and you have not a shred of that.

Makes no sense.

(22-02-2015 09:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Secondly, if your god "exists" it must of necessity participate in Reality, and ONLY in part of Reality. As long as your god existed, non-existence ALSO HAD to be an element in Reality. Your god therefore cannot be the creator of the very Reality it is required to participate (and only partially) in.

And who has ever argued that God is the creator of reality? No one. God is the creator of natural reality...the natural realm, which is itself contingent. Is that the best you got?

(22-02-2015 09:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Define "existence" and and doing so, make no reference to any temporal (time or space-time) concept, and then explain how that is not meaningless.

God was timeless before creation, and became temporal after creation.
23-02-2015, 09:10 AM
Consider

Since Cartilage of the Wild's reading comprehension is so low...perhaps a picture will help....yes!, that is what I will do, maybe I will get teacher of the year now! *beams proudly*

[Image: 63yxc4.jpg]

ding ding ding, we have a winner folks, the worse piece of shit in all of creation is.....*drum roll* the mythical christian god!!!

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 4 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
23-02-2015, 09:11 AM
Rolleyes

That ol' halo shining bright... Really been preaching today CotW, you done showed us evil atheists. God must be looking down right now going "This is My Son, in whom I am well pleased. Verily, verily, I say unto you, unless ye troll internet forums ye cannot enter into the Kingdom of Heaven".

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post