I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
23-02-2015, 09:44 AM
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
(22-02-2015 10:43 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(22-02-2015 10:26 AM)Nurse Wrote:  So am I to understand this correctly- your (limited) knowledge of neuroscience is part of what you use to justify your faith?

I believe in mind/body dualism not because of what I don't know, but because of what I do know.

(22-02-2015 10:26 AM)Nurse Wrote:  The more I learned and observed, the less I could continue to justify my faith. Work with some patients with anoxic brain injuries, strokes, or traumatic brain injuries and then try and talk about duality and post mortem preservation of self.

Ultimately, I am talking about ORIGINS...I could care less what happened after things originated...my question is regarding how did it get there in the first place.

So basically you could care less to understand the world around you and the insights it provides. Right. Got it - you're not actually interested in learning. You go on believing your worldview created by some sheep herders in the desert is correct and that god dunnit. You've got all the answers you need.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
23-02-2015, 09:44 AM
(23-02-2015 09:38 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(22-02-2015 10:28 PM)morondog Wrote:  Even if you're stupid argument had any merit, it would apply to you too. Way to shoot yourself in the foot, genius.

Bullshit. I am saying we have good reasons to believe X,Y, and Z.

Except that you don't have good reason, and the reasons for believe the gospels were written by who you think they were has been shown to be erroneous, fallacious, and frankly uneducated.

Also no fuckwit the "were you there" argument attacks your stance just as well as any other stance. In the end you end up trying to use your claim as your proof of the claim and end up looking like the amateur you are.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
23-02-2015, 09:46 AM
Awwww - CartiliageoftheWild is back to spread ignorance and insults.

It's a good day.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
23-02-2015, 09:47 AM
(22-02-2015 10:30 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  1.) Whiskey has a letter e in it you illiterate dumbass.

Take the "s" out of island, and you still got iland.

(22-02-2015 10:30 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  2.) You see a lot of shit, most of it delusions so feel free to think you saw that too.

If I saw you make a solid argument on here, that would probably be a delusion, too.

(22-02-2015 10:30 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  3.) You had an active debate going on in the boxing ring. You refused to engage in it and tried repeatedly to change the venue. You are basically just lying through your teeth at this point.

I refused to engage, yet I am the one that made the challenge..and even made a proposal to take the debate elsewhere for better quality of communication. You sound like a damn fool.

(22-02-2015 10:30 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  4.) I accepted your challenge to debate, you have refused to accept my challenge as to the conditions of the debate. If you can pull your dick out of your mouth long enough to figure out if you are a man or not feel free to accept that challenge.

Oh, I don't recall..it must has not been worth remembering.
23-02-2015, 09:47 AM
(23-02-2015 09:41 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Sadly I see you claim to be an army vet, does that mean retired or got sent home early? I only bring it up because you are embarrassing me, I don't want civilians to think people in the military are this stupid. Stop embarrassing yourself, your faith and your background. Please...thanks. Come back someday once you have gotten a bit more well rounded on your approach, and ability to at least make one validated assertion...

I see no reason to believe this is not just another bullshit assertion and a lie by this idiot troll trying to make himself sound better then he actually is. Drinking Beverage

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
23-02-2015, 09:49 AM
(23-02-2015 09:44 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(23-02-2015 09:38 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Bullshit. I am saying we have good reasons to believe X,Y, and Z.

Except that you don't have good reason, and the reasons for believe the gospels were written by who you think they were has been shown to be erroneous, fallacious, and frankly uneducated.

Also no fuckwit the "were you there" argument attacks your stance just as well as any other stance. In the end you end up trying to use your claim as your proof of the claim and end up looking like the amateur you are.

Consider

I am starting to feel bad, it's like making fun of a special needs child, or kicking a three legged dog..... everytime I think he has hit bottom on his "how many stupid things can I say to discredit myself, my faith and my religion"...he says something else that resets the bar lower......if I could just stop laughing and spilling coffee on myself I may begin to feel sorry for him....I did offer him help, in my defense, even a link to saint leo university's religious studies page....sigh...alas, he probably wouldn't make it through the placement exam DroolingDroolingDrooling

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
23-02-2015, 09:51 AM
(22-02-2015 10:38 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  He says after over 8 full days of refusing to address GWoG's criticisms and being declared the loser of the debate due to lack of a attendance.
Laugh out load

GWG was getting an intellectual beat down before he got possessed by a demon that made him screw things up.

(22-02-2015 10:38 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  You are just painfully stupid and lack any self awareness at all. It's hilarious.

I am "aware" that you just aint ready yet, bruh.
23-02-2015, 09:53 AM (This post was last modified: 23-02-2015 10:00 AM by goodwithoutgod.)
(23-02-2015 09:47 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(23-02-2015 09:41 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Sadly I see you claim to be an army vet, does that mean retired or got sent home early? I only bring it up because you are embarrassing me, I don't want civilians to think people in the military are this stupid. Stop embarrassing yourself, your faith and your background. Please...thanks. Come back someday once you have gotten a bit more well rounded on your approach, and ability to at least make one validated assertion...

I see no reason to believe this is not just another bullshit assertion and a lie by this idiot troll trying to make himself sound better then he actually is. Drinking Beverage

"Philosophy. Religion. Science. Martial Arts. Weight lifting."

Consider

It just needs astronaut and chippendales dancer and I would believe it all. If he does do those things, WOW, do you suck at it. Ah, gotta love the internet and Xtian trolls.

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
23-02-2015, 09:57 AM
(23-02-2015 09:51 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(22-02-2015 10:38 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  He says after over 8 full days of refusing to address GWoG's criticisms and being declared the loser of the debate due to lack of a attendance.
Laugh out load

GWG was getting an intellectual beat down before he got possessed by a demon that made him screw things up.

(22-02-2015 10:38 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  You are just painfully stupid and lack any self awareness at all. It's hilarious.

I am "aware" that you just aint ready yet, bruh.

My dear child, you are the very definition of ineducable tyro...

Ineducable means incapable of being educated...... Tyro means "a beginner in learning something."....a beginner who can not learn.

Yup, that should be your new signature...

23-02-2015, 10:00 AM
(22-02-2015 10:45 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Blink

I'm sorry... but what does that even mean?

That God is the ultimate source of natural reality/natural life.

(22-02-2015 10:45 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Which god? There's been how many hundreds? Thousands?

The Christian one.

(22-02-2015 10:45 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  As for the 'Line between lif and non-life'? Isn't actually a rather thin place? Doesn't seem to need a lot of 'god' then.

Then go in a lab and demonstrate how life can come from nonlife, and while you are at it, demonstrate how consciousness can come from unconsciousness.

(22-02-2015 10:45 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Also, I've posted an offer to a chat/debate here and Call_of_the_Wild has ignored the offer.

Laugh out load @ me ignoring a debate challenge from an atheist.

(22-02-2015 10:45 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Still.. reading every one else's replies has been interesting.

Reading all of my posts and learning something = sure thing

Reading everyone else's posts and learning something = big gamble