I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
23-02-2015, 11:31 AM
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
Neurons is not the only thing you can find in a brain of course. Neurons are "inside", kept in place and protected by glial cells, a non-neuronal type of cell. Neurons are the interesting part, although the glial cells have a lot of security/janitorial work, and they (neurons) are connected to several other neurons through synapses.

How do we know this? Well, we have obtained brains (not hard to get), we have dissected them (well not me, I couldn't do it) and we have studied them. So we have that knowledge. There is still a lot to learn about the brain, sure, but we've got the basics down, so to speak.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes The Polyglot Atheist's post
23-02-2015, 11:33 AM
[Image: 2w5nmli.jpg]

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
23-02-2015, 11:38 AM
(23-02-2015 11:02 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  A neuron, also known as a neurone or nerve cell) is an electrically excitable cell that processes and transmits information through electrical and chemical signals.
Which is exactly what natachan told you neurons do and your response was ..
(22-02-2015 10:12 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  No it isn't. Your brain is made up of cartilage. Try again.

So you believe that the brain is made up of cartilage and that there are neurons....inside the cartilage?
http://snowbrains.com/wp-content/uploads...rain_c.jpg
Show me how the brain is "made up of cartilage". Go on fucker.

(23-02-2015 11:02 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  As I said before, I know what the brain is NOT made up of....

A claim you make despite not knowing that the brain was NOT made up of cartilage. You are lying, you did not have a clue what it was not made of.

(23-02-2015 11:02 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  No, like how the brain is made up of neurons...now hold your breath, and count to infinity.
"The brains of all species are composed primarily of two broad classes of cells: neurons and glial cells."

oh hay!

compose
/kəmˈpəʊz/
verb (mainly transitive)
to put together or make up by combining; put in proper order

The brain is made up of neurons, a type of cell, but that does not mean it's exclusively made up of neurons. Natachan talked about neurons because they are the part that makes up the brain that is responsible for the works of what we call "consciousness".

Now.....
http://snowbrains.com/wp-content/uploads...rain_c.jpg

Show me cartilage. Bitch. Drinking Beverage

(23-02-2015 11:02 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Good, just continue to live your godless life, and live however many finite amount of years that your scrawny little body will allow you to live...then die....and be forever subjected to the one God that you denied so much while on earth. Laughat

Your god is a fiction and you will come to an end in a box or a jar, just like everyone else. You're not special, and your empty threats have no power.Drinking Beverage

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 8 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
23-02-2015, 11:43 AM
(23-02-2015 11:38 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Your god is a fiction and you will come to an end in a box or a jar, just like everyone else. You're not special, and your empty threats have no power.Drinking Beverage

no no no .....woodchipper!

[Image: 2w7ekid.jpg]

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
23-02-2015, 11:44 AM
(23-02-2015 11:18 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(23-02-2015 11:12 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  No, it is made up of neurons. That is one thing about you guys, you sure as hell stick together. No matter how much dumb shit you see your peers say, you will cosign it, cheer it on.

Are you really going to try to deny that you said the brain is made of cartilage? I mean it's here for anyone to read. And it's been quoted so you can't change it now.

The dumb shit here is you.

Of course he is going to pretend like he never said that. He's a lying bag of shit and a coward to boot.

23-02-2015, 11:44 AM
(23-02-2015 11:33 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  [Image: 2w5nmli.jpg]

You make a much more compelling argument than COTW. At least potato salad can be demonstrated to exist.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post
23-02-2015, 11:47 AM
(23-02-2015 11:06 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(22-02-2015 11:07 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Wrong again. HE IS the Judeo-Christian god. But thanks for confirming you have never ver taken even one course in Biblical Studies.

No, he isn't.

Woooow fantastic defense you got there fucker.Laughat

I must be really aggravating coming to an atheist forum as a Christian and finding out you're the person here with the least amount of knowledge on Christianity and it's origins.

Laugh out load

[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
23-02-2015, 11:54 AM
(23-02-2015 11:44 AM)unfogged Wrote:  

You make a much more compelling argument than COTW. At least potato salad can be demonstrated to exist.

[Image: 50643002.jpg]

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 4 users Like The Polyglot Atheist's post
23-02-2015, 11:57 AM
(23-02-2015 11:24 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  [Image: 2wbtjcl.jpg]

No and no!

I specifically stated in my opening debate position that we would be entertaining only the concept of traditional vinaigrette-based potato salad.

So, no egg and of course the potatoes should be sliced not cut into lumps.

Bacon, naturally, is always permissible ... at least according to my mother and she's Jewish so she would know.

Wink

23-02-2015, 12:08 PM (This post was last modified: 23-02-2015 12:11 PM by Nurse.)
(23-02-2015 11:57 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(23-02-2015 11:24 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  [Image: 2wbtjcl.jpg]

No and no!

I specifically stated in my opening debate position that we would be entertaining only the concept of traditional vinaigrette-based potato salad.

So, no egg and of course the potatoes should be sliced not cut into lumps.

Bacon, naturally, is always permissible ... at least according to my mother and she's Jewish so she would know.

Wink

Warm bacon potato salad

I could see this being good. Might make it tomorrow night. No egg in it (personally, I prefer egg in my potato salad, but it would be out of place in this recipe).

I realize the potatoes are quartered in the recipe pic, but that doesn't mean you can't slice them.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post