I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
23-02-2015, 01:54 PM
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
(23-02-2015 12:53 PM)Anjele Wrote:  If you want to make a food better add bacon or chocolate.

Among other things.

[Image: tumblr_muz9tznnrV1qapp5ko1_500.gif]

Evil_monster

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
23-02-2015, 02:37 PM
(22-02-2015 10:52 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(22-02-2015 10:32 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  FIXED!

That explains EVERYTHING Yes

Cartilage
Cartilage is a type of dense connective tissue.
Cartilage is composed of cells called chondrocytes which are dispersed in a firm gel-like ground substance, called the matrix.
Cartilage is avascular (contains no blood vessels) and nutrients are diffused through the matrix.
Cartilage is found in the joints, the rib cage, the ear, the nose, in the throat and between intervertebral disks.
There are three main types of cartilage: hyaline, elastic and fibrocartilage.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/articles/c/cartilage.htm

When he said the brain was made up of neurons, no one said a damn thing...I say the brain is made up of cartilage...and everyone has bitchy fits Laugh out load

Regardless of what the brain is made up of, that still doesn't explain the origin of consciousness, which is my only point anyway. You people are fighting, stop fighting the facts...embrace it...science isn't the begin-all/end-all to knowledge...there are some things that science cannot explain.

And you people are trying very hard, the effort is there...but there are just simply too many more questions than you guys can provide answers for....and until I can get some good answers to my origins questions, I will stick to my theism Yes

Ah yes. Yet another god of the gaps pile of crap. YOU may not understand consciousness, (with your lack of science or any other education, it's really not suprising), but Neuro-science is well on it's way to understanding consciousness. And AGAIN, the LACK of knowledge of something does not justify "Oh, Jebus done it".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
23-02-2015, 03:04 PM
(23-02-2015 10:23 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  This point is simple, abiogenesis is possibly false...so if it is possibly false, then evolution without God cannot be a given fact...... but abiogenesis hasn't yet been demonstrated to be true, so therefore, evolution without God cannot be a given fact.

You mean something can be falsified - that's what makes good science. Claims of god are deliberately moved out of the realms of falsification, which is why the majority of scientists don't take creationists seriously.
23-02-2015, 03:41 PM
(23-02-2015 03:04 PM)Helio Wrote:  
(23-02-2015 10:23 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  This point is simple, abiogenesis is possibly false...so if it is possibly false, then evolution without God cannot be a given fact...... but abiogenesis hasn't yet been demonstrated to be true, so therefore, evolution without God cannot be a given fact.

You mean something can be falsified - that's what makes good science. Claims of god are deliberately moved out of the realms of falsification, which is why the majority of scientists don't take creationists seriously.

Helio, that and cartilage for brains. Hard to take creationists seriously when they open their mouth and spew out this kind of imbecilic nonsense.

As for abiogenesis, if the ignorant twit would look around and notice living organisms I’d say that’s a pretty good indication that abiogensis happened. Drinking Beverage

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
23-02-2015, 03:47 PM
(23-02-2015 03:41 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(23-02-2015 03:04 PM)Helio Wrote:  You mean something can be falsified - that's what makes good science. Claims of god are deliberately moved out of the realms of falsification, which is why the majority of scientists don't take creationists seriously.

Helio, that and cartilage for brains. Hard to take creationists seriously when they open their mouth and spew out this kind of imbecilic nonsense.

As for abiogenesis, if the ignorant twit would look around and notice living organisms I’d say that’s a pretty good indication that abiogensis happened. Drinking Beverage

It just makes me laugh, Cartilage of the Wild is so clueless on the fucking basics....

Science is the antithesis of faith. Science is a process that contains multiple and redundant checks, balances, and safeguards against human bias and error. Science has a built in corrective mechanism..hypothesis testing...that weeds out false claims. Claims that come about as a result of a scientific process are held as tentatively true by scientists..unlike claims of faith that are held as eternally true with zero evidence. Related to this, claims that come about as a result of a scientific process are falsifiable, that is, there is a way to show the claims are false. This is not the case with faith claims. For example, there's no way to falisify the claim that the norse god Loki was able to assume other forms.

Scientists try to prove claims false (falsification), unlike faith leaders who unequivocally state their faith claims are true. If a scientist can demonstrate that a popular scientific claim is false, he or she can become famous, get tenure, publish books, earn more money and become respected by her or his peers. If a preacher states that the claims of his faith tradition are false, he's excommunicated, defrocked or otherwise forced to abandon his position...the stifling of growth and enlightenment basically.

Science is a method for advancing our understanding. It is process we can use to bring us closer to the truth, and to weed out false claims. Science thus is the best way we've currently found to explain and understand how the universe works...unlike the religious leaders who base it on a superstitious fictional book put together and sold to the masses. greatest scam ever pulled on mankind.

Next he will assert that evolutionary theory is only a "theory", thus conjecture, and conjecture isnt proven thus check mate atheists Rolleyes Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
23-02-2015, 03:49 PM
Are people still arguing with Le_Halfwit_Clod?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
23-02-2015, 03:52 PM
(23-02-2015 03:49 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Are people still arguing with Le_Halfwit_Clod?

ah where have you been KC? This guy is not only an embarrassment to himself, but to his faith AND species. I kept waiting for you to swing by and backhand him ...Weeping

I know, its beneath you, but it was a nice visual.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
23-02-2015, 03:54 PM (This post was last modified: 23-02-2015 03:58 PM by Full Circle.)
(23-02-2015 11:12 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(22-02-2015 11:17 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  The brain is made of cartilage huh? You are an ignorant twit. Laugh out load

No, it is made up of neurons. That is one thing about you guys, you sure as hell stick together. No matter how much dumb shit you see your peers say, you will cosign it, cheer it on.

So now you agree that the brain does indeed contain neurons?
How many times did we tell you this? My dog is smarter than you.

As for the sticking together part, let’s see...a well know fact that everyone agrees on...my peers and I agree on a well know, documented, proven fact...my peers and I stick together and agree as a group on a well known, documented, proven, conclusive, indisputable fact Consider

Yeah, I can see how that would seem suspicious to an ignorant twit. [Image: BRqIww5.gif]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
23-02-2015, 03:57 PM
(23-02-2015 03:49 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Are people still arguing with Le_Halfwit_Clod?

I wouldn’t call it arguing exactly. Currently we’re just beating him about the head and shoulders with his own words.

Hey! Did you know the brain was made of cartilage? Amazing stuff you learn here. Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
23-02-2015, 03:58 PM
(23-02-2015 03:52 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  

ah where have you been KC? This guy is not only an embarrassment to himself, but to his faith AND species. I kept waiting for you to swing by and backhand him ...Weeping

I know, its beneath you, but it was a nice visual.

lol

Nah, not beneath me... I just haven't had the time to invest in him.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]