I will not die, the world will end.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
10-12-2012, 09:18 PM
I will not die, the world will end.
The very quote in the title is why I am not fearful (outside my instinct) of death. Anytime someone asks me how I want to die, I don't say peacefully, why would I want the world to end like that.

My end of the world will come in a quick final swoop of finality. I want to die in a way that will make me some sort of meme in a sense, maybe people will think my death was funny.

I have no way of knowing if people will laugh at my death, but I hope they do because I want to make it something ridiculous.

The real question is, why would anyone want to die peacefully? Everyone that has known you (when they also pass) will forget about you, your memories will no longer be in the minds of anyone, that is the point in which a human is really dead.

They good way to die is something that will always be in the minds of people on earth, and maybe even go down in history. This way you will not be dead, you will be immortal in a non physical sense.

The other thing I want to be great is my death experience. I want to go in a way that allows the chemicals in my brain to fully release. So that I may have a moment to reflect on what I have done, what I have accomplished. Maybe I will see what I was and what I wanted to be.

I also am training to have a specific song to play whilst dying, I know what the brain is capable of, and I know it is more than capable of giving me a good song at my death. I'm hoping for System of a Down- Tentative because I am a freak for there music, and that song made me cry for some unexplained reason when I listened to it (maybe Im just weird.)

I'm back, and I think this time for good. Have a great day Drinking Beverage Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2012, 10:11 PM
RE: I will not die, the world will end.
(10-12-2012 09:18 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  The very quote in the title is why I am not fearful (outside my instinct) of death. Anytime someone asks me how I want to die, I don't say peacefully, why would I want the world to end like that.

My end of the world will come in a quick final swoop of finality. I want to die in a way that will make me some sort of meme in a sense, maybe people will think my death was funny.

I have no way of knowing if people will laugh at my death, but I hope they do because I want to make it something ridiculous.

The real question is, why would anyone want to die peacefully? Everyone that has known you (when they also pass) will forget about you, your memories will no longer be in the minds of anyone, that is the point in which a human is really dead.

They good way to die is something that will always be in the minds of people on earth, and maybe even go down in history. This way you will not be dead, you will be immortal in a non physical sense.

The other thing I want to be great is my death experience. I want to go in a way that allows the chemicals in my brain to fully release. So that I may have a moment to reflect on what I have done, what I have accomplished. Maybe I will see what I was and what I wanted to be.

I also am training to have a specific song to play whilst dying, I know what the brain is capable of, and I know it is more than capable of giving me a good song at my death. I'm hoping for System of a Down- Tentative because I am a freak for there music, and that song made me cry for some unexplained reason when I listened to it (maybe Im just weird.)

I'm back, and I think this time for good. Have a great day Drinking Beverage Smile
Why/when did you start planning your death? How do you expect to die?

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
11-12-2012, 02:39 AM

First thing that popped into my head when I read the title, sorry.

Second - I like System of a Dawn. How about Chop Suey! - it's rather morbid.

Thirdly, even if the whole world remembers me, I'll still be dead as a nail, so it really won't matter to me one way or the other. My problem with death is not people thinking about me or not, but not seeing what happens next, not learning the new knowledge we'll obtain in the future, not seeing trees blossom in spring and birds return from the South, etc.

I don't want to be immortal in a non-psychical sense. I want to be alive in an entirely physical one.

Oh, and welcome back (though obvs. not for long - we only have about ten days left Drinking Beverage )

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
11-12-2012, 03:50 AM
(10-12-2012 09:18 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  The real question is, why would anyone want to die peacefully?
To ease the strain on your family and the guys who have to clean up after you?

Quote:Everyone that has known you (when they also pass) will forget about you,
your memories will no longer be in the minds of anyone, that is the
point in which a human is really dead.

They good way to die is
something that will always be in the minds of people on earth, and maybe
even go down in history. This way you will not be dead, you will be
immortal in a non physical sense.

Instead of being "the idiot who strapped himself to a rocket and tried to cross Grand Canyon", I would prefer to build a good renown for myself in a community and get them to raise a memorial to me... That would not only be a more visible and worthwhile renown to leave behind, it would also be one of benefit to the part of you that actually lives on: Your children.
11-12-2012, 04:03 AM
I think that, perhaps, if you exert so much thought about the nature of your death, you are more afraid of it than you think you are. Consider

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
11-12-2012, 12:35 PM
(11-12-2012 04:03 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I think that, perhaps, if you exert so much thought about the nature of your death, you are more afraid of it than you think you are. Consider
This is akin to saying "You atheists sure do talk about God a lot...I'm thinking you must be closet believers."

Maybe it's just an intriguing topic of thought for some. The "how" and the "why" and the "where" and the "when" can be stimulating.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
11-12-2012, 01:30 PM
(11-12-2012 02:39 AM)Vera Wrote:  

Thirdly, even if the whole world remembers me, I'll still be dead as a nail, so it really won't matter to me one way or the other. My problem with death is not people thinking about me or not, but not seeing what happens next, not learning the new knowledge we'll obtain in the future, not seeing trees blossom in spring and birds return from the South, etc.

I don't want to be immortal in a non-psychical sense. I want to be alive in an entirely physical one.

Oh, and welcome back (though obvs. not for long - we only have about ten days left Drinking Beverage )
(11-12-2012 02:39 AM)Vera Wrote:  What do you mean? Is the site shutting down?
11-12-2012, 01:33 PM
(11-12-2012 01:30 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  

(11-12-2012 02:39 AM)Vera Wrote:  What do you mean? Is the site shutting down?
The world's ending, where have you been? Laughat

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
11-12-2012, 01:40 PM

That certainly puts it all in perspective. Shocking

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-12-2012, 01:46 PM
(11-12-2012 01:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  

That certainly puts it all in perspective. Shocking
What, the world ending in ten days? Go check out Leela's agenda for the Last Days Wink