I wish all dogs could die

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-10-2014, 08:49 PM
RE: I wish all dogs could die
(01-10-2014 08:09 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  [Image: direwolf-argument.jpg]

Sucks they are gone.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2014, 08:58 PM
(01-10-2014 08:49 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(01-10-2014 08:09 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  [Image: direwolf-argument.jpg]

Sucks they are gone.

Maybe that is why it is dire...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
01-10-2014, 09:11 PM
(01-10-2014 08:58 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(01-10-2014 08:49 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Sucks they are gone.

Maybe that is why it is dire...

Facepalm

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
02-10-2014, 05:41 AM
(01-10-2014 08:30 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(01-10-2014 08:28 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  The wolf isn't dire, silly! The situations it's adversaries could face are, though! Shy

Consider Witnesses? idk Tongue

But it is a 'dire wolf', meaning the wolf itself is dire.

You should name your wolf "dire situation inflicting wolf", that is more clear cut. :nod:

"The dire wolf (Canis dirus "fearsome dog") is an extinct carnivorous mammal of the genus Canis, roughly the size of the extant gray wolf, but with a heavier build. It was most common in North America and South America from the Irvingtonian stage to the Rancholabrean stage of the Pleistocene epoch, living 1.80 Ma to 10,000 years ago, persisting for approximately 1.79 million years."

[Image: Dire-wolf.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-10-2014, 06:55 PM
(02-10-2014 05:41 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-10-2014 08:30 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  But it is a 'dire wolf', meaning the wolf itself is dire.

You should name your wolf "dire situation inflicting wolf", that is more clear cut. :nod:

"The dire wolf (Canis dirus "fearsome dog") is an extinct carnivorous mammal of the genus Canis, roughly the size of the extant gray wolf, but with a heavier build. It was most common in North America and South America from the Irvingtonian stage to the Rancholabrean stage of the Pleistocene epoch, living 1.80 Ma to 10,000 years ago, persisting for approximately 1.79 million years."

Oh shit! Dire wolves are real?! I thought they were made up for Game of Thrones.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
05-10-2014, 09:29 PM
(05-10-2014 06:55 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  
(02-10-2014 05:41 AM)Chas Wrote:  "The dire wolf (Canis dirus "fearsome dog") is an extinct carnivorous mammal of the genus Canis, roughly the size of the extant gray wolf, but with a heavier build. It was most common in North America and South America from the Irvingtonian stage to the Rancholabrean stage of the Pleistocene epoch, living 1.80 Ma to 10,000 years ago, persisting for approximately 1.79 million years."

Oh shit! Dire wolves are real?! I thought they were made up for Game of Thrones.

Not any more they aren't.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
05-10-2014, 09:40 PM
(05-10-2014 09:29 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(05-10-2014 06:55 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  Oh shit! Dire wolves are real?! I thought they were made up for Game of Thrones.

Not any more they aren't.

Not only that, but D&D (and many other fantasy sources) beat Game of Thrones to the idea.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
06-10-2014, 03:12 PM
(05-10-2014 06:55 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  
(02-10-2014 05:41 AM)Chas Wrote:  "The dire wolf (Canis dirus "fearsome dog") is an extinct carnivorous mammal of the genus Canis, roughly the size of the extant gray wolf, but with a heavier build. It was most common in North America and South America from the Irvingtonian stage to the Rancholabrean stage of the Pleistocene epoch, living 1.80 Ma to 10,000 years ago, persisting for approximately 1.79 million years."

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
07-10-2014, 07:33 PM
Just wanted to clarify, all dogs DO die eventually, so the wish outlined in the title is kind of meaningless. Smartass

[Image: giphy.gif]
07-10-2014, 08:32 PM
(07-10-2014 07:33 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Just wanted to clarify, all dogs DO die eventually, so the wish outlined in the title is kind of meaningless. Smartass

Not to mention all dogs are perfectly capable of dying. Wishing all dogs "could" die kinda implies he thinks some dogs can't die.... I'm guessing his mother didn't reply to questions such as "Can I have a glass of water?" with "I don't know, can you?"

He should have used the word would instead of could. Coulda shoulda woulda. Even 2 Chainz knows this Smartass

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post