I wish to feel superior to reality (atheism)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-07-2014, 04:58 PM
I wish to feel superior to reality (atheism)
I wish to feel superior to reality by embracing fantasy and feeling empowered by fantasy as well as through the delusion that there is a God and an afterlife. But my intelligence (atheism) has prevented me from being this person I want to be. Which is why I hate such intelligence and view fantasy and feelings of pleasure as superior. All that matters in life to me is embracing feelings of pleasure from god-like fantasy which would make me a mystical god-like being who is superior to reality (so to speak, not literally speaking). So all that matters to me is being a superior god-like being in a sense and ending all things inferior in my life. To me, struggles in life, depression, and the fact that there is no God or afterlife are all inferior things to me and must die. So by believing in a God and an afterlife, I would have "killed" this inferior concept of there being no God and afterlife in a sense (including any feelings of depression as well). Feeling empowered and that I'm all great is the only thing that matters to me in life (not in comparison to other people, but in comparison to myself and reality itself).
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-07-2014, 05:12 PM
RE: I wish to feel superior to reality (atheism)
You keep on wishing.
I'm going to fix some nachos tonight for dinner, hold my grandson in arms as we watch some Batman or Superman movie.
He's 3 yrs old and he understands that Batman & Superman aren't real.
You are inferior to the mind of a 3yr old.

Congrats

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 13 users Like Rahn127's post
31-07-2014, 05:17 PM
(31-07-2014 05:12 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  You keep on wishing.
I'm going to fix some nachos tonight for dinner, hold my grandson in arms as we watch some Batman or Superman movie.
He's 3 yrs old and he understands that Batman & Superman aren't real.
You are inferior to the mind of a 3yr old.

Congrats
I already realize that fantasy is not real. But the feelings of pleasure from fantasy (only in terms of electrical activity in the brain), that is real. Me feeling that I'm a superior god-like being is not real, but just the feeling itself in terms of brain activity is real.
31-07-2014, 09:50 PM
I think you might be interested in the philosophical works of Nietzsche. You are not to far off from the √úbermensch.
31-07-2014, 10:25 PM
and, this is suppose to mean...what? to me?

Why should I care?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 2 users Like Shadow Fox's post
31-07-2014, 10:29 PM
Dude, you need some video games.

And sex.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
31-07-2014, 10:50 PM
Stay away from sharp pointy objects and rope until you get some help.

Seriously. Your phrasing has me concerned.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
31-07-2014, 10:53 PM
(31-07-2014 04:58 PM)Mozart Link Wrote:  I wish to feel superior to reality by embracing fantasy and feeling empowered by fantasy as well as through the delusion that there is a God and an afterlife. But my intelligence (atheism) has prevented me from being this person I want to be. Which is why I hate such intelligence and view fantasy and feelings of pleasure as superior. All that matters in life to me is embracing feelings of pleasure from god-like fantasy which would make me a mystical god-like being who is superior to reality (so to speak, not literally speaking). So all that matters to me is being a superior god-like being in a sense and ending all things inferior in my life. To me, struggles in life, depression, and the fact that there is no God or afterlife are all inferior things to me and must die. So by believing in a God and an afterlife, I would have "killed" this inferior concept of there being no God and afterlife in a sense (including any feelings of depression as well). Feeling empowered and that I'm all great is the only thing that matters to me in life (not in comparison to other people, but in comparison to myself and reality itself).

.......... if I'm parsing that word salad correctly, I think he's describing self-gratification through the elimination of his skepticism because skepticism makes him sad panda?

If so, I gotta say, go for it. Hey, we've all got our kinks and you shouldn't be ashamed of yours. But that said, keep it to yourself. We don't want to watch your self-gratification, we don't want to hear you describe it, we don't want to join in on it, and we don't want it invading the public square, and we definitely don't want you teaching it in the schools, displaying it in front of courthouses, or in general being lewd about it. By all means, enjoy your rich life of self-gratifying fantasies in the privacy of your own home (or the homes of consenting partners, or maybe those dodgy fantasy clubs that are open at obscene hours on Sundays), but leave it there.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
31-07-2014, 11:01 PM
(31-07-2014 04:58 PM)Mozart Link Wrote:  I wish to feel superior to reality by embracing fantasy and feeling empowered by fantasy as well as through the delusion that there is a God and an afterlife. But my intelligence (atheism) has prevented me from being this person I want to be. Which is why I hate such intelligence and view fantasy and feelings of pleasure as superior. All that matters in life to me is embracing feelings of pleasure from god-like fantasy which would make me a mystical god-like being who is superior to reality (so to speak, not literally speaking). So all that matters to me is being a superior god-like being in a sense and ending all things inferior in my life. To me, struggles in life, depression, and the fact that there is no God or afterlife are all inferior things to me and must die. So by believing in a God and an afterlife, I would have "killed" this inferior concept of there being no God and afterlife in a sense (including any feelings of depression as well). Feeling empowered and that I'm all great is the only thing that matters to me in life (not in comparison to other people, but in comparison to myself and reality itself).

I think you need a psychologist.

(31-07-2014 10:29 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Dude, you need some video games.

And sex.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
31-07-2014, 11:14 PM
(31-07-2014 10:29 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Dude, you need some video games.

And sex.

Video games, sure... But sex can lead to reproduction. I know I don't want this one reproducing.
[+] 10 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post