I wish to feel superior to reality (atheism)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-08-2014, 12:17 AM
RE: I wish to feel superior to reality (atheism)
(31-07-2014 04:58 PM)Mozart Link Wrote:  I wish to feel superior to reality by embracing fantasy and feeling empowered by fantasy as well as through the delusion that there is a God and an afterlife. But my intelligence (atheism) has prevented me from being this person I want to be. Which is why I hate such intelligence and view fantasy and feelings of pleasure as superior. All that matters in life to me is embracing feelings of pleasure from god-like fantasy which would make me a mystical god-like being who is superior to reality (so to speak, not literally speaking). So all that matters to me is being a superior god-like being in a sense and ending all things inferior in my life. To me, struggles in life, depression, and the fact that there is no God or afterlife are all inferior things to me and must die. So by believing in a God and an afterlife, I would have "killed" this inferior concept of there being no God and afterlife in a sense (including any feelings of depression as well). Feeling empowered and that I'm all great is the only thing that matters to me in life (not in comparison to other people, but in comparison to myself and reality itself).

Still on about this? Oh well, have fun. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2014, 04:58 AM
(31-07-2014 09:50 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  I think you might be interested in the philosophical works of Nietzsche. You are not to far off from the Übermensch.

I think James Thurber's short story "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" is more à propos. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
01-08-2014, 07:21 AM
(31-07-2014 05:12 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  You keep on wishing.
I'm going to fix some nachos tonight for dinner, hold my grandson in arms as we watch some Batman or Superman movie.
He's 3 yrs old and he understands that Batman & Superman aren't real.
You are inferior to the mind of a 3yr old.

Congrats

Thread ended in one post. Well done. I'd rep you for that, but I realized I already did.

Oh well. Here's an imaginary, worthless +1, instead. I'll use green font to make it more pretty.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
01-08-2014, 08:01 AM
(31-07-2014 04:58 PM)Mozart Link Wrote:  I wish to feel superior to reality by embracing fantasy and feeling empowered by fantasy as well as through the delusion that there is a God and an afterlife. But my intelligence (atheism) has prevented me from being this person I want to be. Which is why I hate such intelligence and view fantasy and feelings of pleasure as superior. All that matters in life to me is embracing feelings of pleasure from god-like fantasy which would make me a mystical god-like being who is superior to reality (so to speak, not literally speaking). So all that matters to me is being a superior god-like being in a sense and ending all things inferior in my life. To me, struggles in life, depression, and the fact that there is no God or afterlife are all inferior things to me and must die. So by believing in a God and an afterlife, I would have "killed" this inferior concept of there being no God and afterlife in a sense (including any feelings of depression as well). Feeling empowered and that I'm all great is the only thing that matters to me in life (not in comparison to other people, but in comparison to myself and reality itself).

[Image: url?sa=i&source=images&c...8084119003]

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
01-08-2014, 08:29 AM

I dunno if this has been addressed, but since when is the word intelligence a synonym of atheist?

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 3 users Like Cathym112's post
01-08-2014, 11:51 AM
Perhaps the main (and maybe only reason) that I feel this way is because I am, in fact, an anime fan. I not only embrace the world of fantasy and anime and make it a part of me, but I also embrace the god-like characters I perceive as awesome and make them a part of me. I make them possess me and make them take over my own perceived personality and I literally become a god-like character (only in terms of how I feel about myself--I don't literally act or talk like these characters).

Our brain is just a bunch of neurons which means that it contains many, many different personalities besides our own. Now how you feel and perceive yourself right now would be your own default personality (your own life essence) that tends to stay with you on a daily basis. But if you were to, for example, feel like a different character from a movie, then your default personality (life essence) has been changed to that character. Your brain has temporarily abandoned its own perceived self and transformed into a different person. You are free to do this any time you want in order to make yourself feel like a mystical god-like superior fantasy character. You would now have the life essence of that character other than your own.
01-08-2014, 12:12 PM

How often do you crap and fart?
01-08-2014, 12:16 PM
Also, I am a person who is attached to fantasy no matter what and I wish to use that in composing music. I wish to compose music that has a fantasy-like feel. So, in a sense, I would have made this reality the living fantasy I want by living a life of composing the music I want and such and not living a life of what reality wants me to be (which would be having struggles of depression that take away my feelings of pleasure towards fantasy as well as having the attitude and such of a normal person who is accepting of the fact that there is no God and no afterlife and that fantasy is just a delusion and that reality is what needs to be accepted and lived by). I wish to live the way I want and have the attitude I want and pursue that in composing music.

But I now have anhedonia which has taken away all feelings of pleasure which now makes me even more unaccepting and hateful towards reality for taking away who I want to be and the life I want to live.
01-08-2014, 12:18 PM
So how often do you crap and fart? And why you are shitting the atheistforums.com with the same horseshit?
01-08-2014, 12:21 PM
I recommend consulting a mental healthcare professional.

... this is my signature!