I wonder if D-Wreck realizes what a fucking joke he is....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-04-2014, 02:21 PM
RE: I wonder if D-Wreck realizes what a fucking joke he is....
Ok. So he came here to say some shit and got "knocked around." I take it then that when he made his shitty remarks those that disagreed made it known. In essence you are saying people were defending themselves.
This however is not that. This is bullying and you folks are not superior for doing so.
You can delude yourselves all you want buy saying this behaviour is justified but it is not.
You lower yourselves to the same level as the one you attack.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2014, 03:10 PM
(04-04-2014 02:21 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Ok. So he came here to say some shit and got "knocked around." I take it then that when he made his shitty remarks those that disagreed made it known. In essence you are saying people were defending themselves.
This however is not that. This is bullying and you folks are not superior for doing so.
You can delude yourselves all you want buy saying this behaviour is justified but it is not.

DD, I don't agree with you that this is bullying. We were defending ourselves, it has nothing to do with feeling superior.

We're not big on turning the other cheek around here as I'm sure you've noticed. We get enough shit out in the "real" world without having to tolerate any on this forum, this isn't justification just fact.

As for lowering ourselves to the level of the instigator/aggressor Consider
I'll be goddamned if I'm going to be all prim and proper when someone comes in here causing grief and disruption. As Mathilda said "How people are treated on this forum has more to do with how they treat others than what they actually believe in. It isn't that different to everyday life."

There are many examples of debates with theists that go on for twenty pages without ad hominem attacks. And then there are guys like Drich that are begging to be brutalized from post one because of their approach.

Would we prefer civilized exchanges of ideas? I most definitely would. Do I reserve the right to tell a troll to fuck off? I most definitely do.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 10 users Like Full Circle's post
04-04-2014, 05:41 PM
(04-04-2014 03:10 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  DD, I don't agree with you that this is bullying. We were defending ourselves, it has nothing to do with feeling superior.

We're not big on turning the other cheek around here as I'm sure you've noticed. We get enough shit out in the "real" world without having to tolerate any on this forum, this isn't justification just fact.

As for lowering ourselves to the level of the instigator/aggressor Consider
I'll be goddamned if I'm going to be all prim and proper when someone comes in here causing grief and disruption. As Mathilda said "How people are treated on this forum has more to do with how they treat others than what they actually believe in. It isn't that different to everyday life."

There are many examples of debates with theists that go on for twenty pages without ad hominem attacks. And then there are guys like Drich that are begging to be brutalized from post one because of their approach.

Would we prefer civilized exchanges of ideas? I most definitely would. Do I reserve the right to tell a troll to fuck off? I most definitely do.

Very well put. If you do a Google search for the definition of bullying, this is what comes up: "To use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force him or her to do what one wants."

Nobody here tried to get Drich to do anything. It was exactly the opposite. He came here to preach his religious garbage at us, and we responded by defending ourselves. Telling somebody to piss off when they come to your place that you go to get away from exactly what that person is doing is absolutely not bullying. Especially when it is something that you are afraid to openly admit because of fear that you will be lambasted by the rest of the people around you.

We deal with people spewing their religious crap at us all the time, and are simply expected to deal with it and keep our mouths shut. For many of us, this is the one place where we can actually go and not have to worry about being treated like a worthless piece of garbage by the people we are surrounded by. Many people are closet atheists out of fear of the way they would be treated if they told the people they know. So when somebody comes here with some high and mighty attitude that their faith is right and that we need to fall in line and follow their faith, you can damn well bet that we are going to defend ourselves. So props to Mathilda for calling Drich out on his bullshit and not backing down.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 3 users Like WindyCityJazz's post
04-04-2014, 05:55 PM
He never caught on at AF.org.

Dumb as a bag of rocks.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
04-04-2014, 06:16 PM
(04-04-2014 02:21 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Ok. So he came here to say some shit and got "knocked around." I take it then that when he made his shitty remarks those that disagreed made it known. In essence you are saying people were defending themselves.

This forum has a history of being sort of member managed.

drich is an idiot. We pointed that out. Strongly.

You don't like? Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-04-2014, 06:20 PM

I get what you're saying and you are not alone in thinking this.

New kid comes to school and starts acting all precocious and the in-group kids circle the wagon... understandable.

Writing "New Kid is a Dick" on the toilet wall is just childish.

Thumbsup

04-04-2014, 06:54 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2014 07:00 PM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)

Cry me a fucking river. I've seen that asshole on 3 forums over 4-5 years pulling the same bullshit, posting threads like "Your Judgement Day Strategy..." and other aggressive ad baculum tomfuckery, and this is the first forum that had folks with the stones to tell him to go fuck up a rope. Shove your high-and-mighty poseur bullshit up your ass.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
04-04-2014, 06:57 PM
(04-04-2014 06:20 PM)DLJ Wrote:  

New kid comes to school and starts acting all precocious and the in-group kids circle the wagon... understandable.

Thumbsup

Leave it to a fuckwit like you to distort the facts. If you don't like it, go to a forum full of pussies like you who suck up to trolls.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
04-04-2014, 06:58 PM
(04-04-2014 06:20 PM)DLJ Wrote:  

Thumbsup

Well, yeah. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-04-2014, 07:02 PM
(04-04-2014 06:54 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  

Cry me a fucking river. I've seen that asshole on 3 forums over 4-5 years pulling the same bullshit, posting threads like "Your Judgement Day Strategy..." and other aggressive ad baculum tomfuckery, and this is the first forum that had folks with the stones to tell him to go fuck up a rope. Shove your high-and-mighty poseur bullshit up your ass.

Hey, come on. We could get some great material out of a "Judgement Day Strategy/Walking Dead BOB For the Apocalypse thread!

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes