I would like to debate someone about whether or not God exist
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-07-2015, 01:40 AM
RE: I would like to debate someone about whether or not God exist
(31-07-2015 01:23 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 12:43 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  ...
My conception of God could be just that.

(31-07-2015 01:06 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  ...
I'm sure it is possible to have an interesting discussion with someone about whether or not God exist

So which of those two positions would you be debating?

I'd be happy to concede right now that your concept of God exists.

Smile

I would be arguing that certain observations of the real world taken together suggest that what we observe is created and maintained by an intellect.
Find all posts by this user
31-07-2015, 02:00 AM
(31-07-2015 01:40 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  ...
I would be arguing that certain observations of the real world taken together suggest that what we observe is created and maintained by an intellect.

Is that "what we observe" local?. I guess it's maintained by some kinda remote control.

Consider

31-07-2015, 04:42 AM
(30-07-2015 11:33 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  If you are interested, send me a PM to hammer out the nature and scope of the debate. Keep in mind there are certain people here I won't debate because I think they are morons or assholes. Also I'm not interested in religion....just God.
I didn't realise god could be debated into existence.

Does anyone what to debate the existence of the Higgs bosson? We could have save a fortune on the LHC if we had debated it instead of resorting to discovery methods.

Anyway, yeah, nah, not me. Not interested in debating it.
[+] 4 users Like Stevil's post
31-07-2015, 04:45 AM (This post was last modified: 31-07-2015 04:51 AM by Bucky Ball.)
Quote:I would like to debate someone about whether or not god *exist

*exists
fucker lost already Tongue

(30-07-2015 11:33 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Also I'm not interested in religion....just God.

Sadcryface2 ... Laughat ... Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
31-07-2015, 04:53 AM
(31-07-2015 04:42 AM)Stevil Wrote:  
(30-07-2015 11:33 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  If you are interested, send me a PM to hammer out the nature and scope of the debate. Keep in mind there are certain people here I won't debate because I think they are morons or assholes. Also I'm not interested in religion....just God.
I didn't realise god could be debated into existence.

Does anyone what to debate the existence of the Higgs bosson? We could have save a fortune on the LHC if we had debated it instead of resorting to discovery methods.

Nobody is claiming you can debate anything into existence Stevil. Not sure where you came up with that. Anyways, I'm not interested in debating your either. So on that at least we agree.
31-07-2015, 05:05 AM
(31-07-2015 04:53 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 04:42 AM)Stevil Wrote:  I didn't realise god could be debated into existence.

Nobody is claiming you can debate anything into existence Stevil. Not sure where you came up with that. Anyways, I'm not interested in debating your either. So on that at least we agree.

@Stevil,
He doesn't want to debate your either. Where can I can one of those eithers ?
Maybe they have some eithers for sale at the Beverly Center.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
31-07-2015, 05:40 AM
(31-07-2015 04:53 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Nobody is claiming you can debate anything into existence Stevil.
Sorry buddy, I've just been wrapped up in so many serious discussions lately, thought it was time to have a little fun.
31-07-2015, 05:43 AM
I would like to debate the existence of Hephaestus, the ugly god.

"Hephaestus is the son of Zeus and Hera. Sometimes it is said that Hera alone produced him and that he has no father. He is the only god to be physically ugly. He is also lame. Accounts as to how he became lame vary. Some say that Hera, upset by having an ugly child, flung him from Mount Olympus into the sea, breaking his legs. Others that he took Hera's side in an arguement with Zeus and Zeus flung him off Mount Olympus. He is the god of fire and the forge. He is the smith and armorer of the gods. He uses a volcano as his forge. He is the patron god of both smiths and weavers. He is kind and peace loving. His wife is Aphrodite. Sometimes his wife is identified as Aglaia."

31-07-2015, 06:12 AM
(31-07-2015 05:05 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 04:53 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Nobody is claiming you can debate anything into existence Stevil. Not sure where you came up with that. Anyways, I'm not interested in debating your either. So on that at least we agree.

@Stevil,

Don't worry Bucky, Your the biggest and dumbest dick on here. You're the absolute last person here I would debate.

I am interested in debating an intelligent, polite, mature person, you're not even close to that.
31-07-2015, 06:28 AM
(31-07-2015 06:12 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 05:05 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  @Stevil,

Don't worry Bucky, Your the biggest and dumbest dick on here. You're the absolute last person here I would debate.

I am interested in debating an intelligent, polite, mature person, you're not even close to that.

I have to ask though, Why would a mature intelligent person want to debate you? All you do is make emotional out-lashes in your responses of attempted claims. I see far too many assertions and assumptions and not rational following logic in your posts to consider you desired for debate by anyone of your supposed standards.

Even if you tried to lay blame on others being immature so you just respond like them, that is still a sign of immaturity on your end to act in such a manner. Being gone half a year and returning occasionally saying I forgive you when someone says something negative at you isn't some sign of showing you're mature & Polite if you think it does. If perhaps you demonstrated you know how to carry a conversation sensibly I would go for it but that's not where you are currently at. You might need more help before that time comes.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
Thread Closed