I would like to debate someone about whether or not God exist
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-07-2015, 06:53 AM (This post was last modified: 31-07-2015 07:04 AM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: I would like to debate someone about whether or not God exist
(31-07-2015 06:12 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 05:05 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  @Stevil,
He doesn't want to debate your either. Where can I can one of those eithers ?
Maybe they have some eithers for sale at the Beverly Center.

Don't worry Bucky, Your the biggest and dumbest dick on here. You're the absolute last person here I would debate.

I am interested in debating an intelligent, polite, mature person, you're not even close to that.

Said Mr. -44.
You're incapable of intelligent debate, Blowjob. You've proven that over and over. No one here is gonna waste their time, fool.
Go out and play in the theist's sandbox dear. That's about all you're up to.

You go spend a month in the Pediatric Genetics and Oncology clinics, and come back and tell us about your "intelligent designer". Laugh out load

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
31-07-2015, 07:34 AM
First watch this... then decide if you really want to try to debate this topic.

https://youtu.be/Ea_p5eQE-iM
31-07-2015, 07:36 AM
Basically every debate I've ever watched on God's existence the theist utterly fails. That said Blake Guinta is the least utter failure I've seen yet.
31-07-2015, 07:56 AM
All hail Norgg, the heavenly creator of all life who resides inside hollow Uranus. All of this time you have been searching for god, and the whole time it was in Uranus Blink

I can prove Norgg exists because I believe in him, and according to your perspective, that is all that matters....my personal perspective of my personal god....Norgg. Fear him, worship him or face dire consequences once you die Drooling

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
31-07-2015, 01:54 PM
(31-07-2015 07:34 AM)photon9 Wrote:  First watch this... then decide if you really want to try to debate this topic.

https://youtu.be/Ea_p5eQE-iM

I'm not going to debate the validity of the bible. I'm interested in God not in religion.
31-07-2015, 02:10 PM
(31-07-2015 12:43 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 12:36 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I just hope it doesn't turn to be an adolescent alien with a Sim game (and hormone issues).

My conception of God could be just that. I'm pretty open on the possible nature of God. It is one thing to come to the conclusion that we are the product of intellect and another to come a conclusion about the nature of that intellect that created us.

Why?
Why must there be a conclusion? And why must anyone understand it so certainly?

Can't people just be content with getting on with reality & leave competion at their own doorstep? Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
31-07-2015, 02:23 PM
(31-07-2015 02:10 PM)kim Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 12:43 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  My conception of God could be just that. I'm pretty open on the possible nature of God. It is one thing to come to the conclusion that we are the product of intellect and another to come a conclusion about the nature of that intellect that created us.

Why?

Can't people just be content with getting on with reality & leave competion at their own doorstep? Shy

My belief isn't certain. I believe there probably is a God. I used to think like most on this forum that there probably isn't a God. Observations and learning about the way the world works changed my mind.

Debates are good. It is one way we learn and grow. Being content is in a sense being stagnant. I'm not interested in intellectual stagnation in this area which is why I am asking for this debate.
31-07-2015, 03:14 PM
(31-07-2015 02:23 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 02:10 PM)kim Wrote:  Why?

My belief isn't certain. I believe there probably is a God. I used to think like most on this forum that there probably isn't a God. Observations and learning about the way the world works changed my mind.

Debates are good. It is one way we learn and grow. Being content is in a sense being stagnant. I'm not interested in intellectual stagnation in this area which is why I am asking for this debate.

What makes you think debates are good and a way we learn and grow. They are one way, but they really aren't a good way for those within the case. Is there a backing you have on that or is it just seem like the kinda thing we would think?

I say these things because I don't think this idea is really ideal. Debates as a concept are more meant for the knowledge growth of an audience over the two debaters. It's not often you see people debating where one person walks away altering their mind and learning from the case. More often the backfire effect in psychology is a type of thing that occurs and the debaters themselves learn their position and counter rationalizations to opposition positions to bolster their thoughts, right or wrong. More free form thought and discussion without goals or "competitiveness" that the idea of debate forms in a person leads to more open idea exchanging and knowledge growth.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
31-07-2015, 05:18 PM
(31-07-2015 03:14 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  What makes you think debates are good and a way we learn and grow. They are one way, but they really aren't a good way for those within the case. Is there a backing you have on that or is it just seem like the kinda thing we would think?

I say these things because I don't think this idea is really ideal. Debates as a concept are more meant for the knowledge growth of an audience over the two debaters. It's not often you see people debating where one person walks away altering their mind and learning from the case. More often the backfire effect in psychology is a type of thing that occurs and the debaters themselves learn their position and counter rationalizations to opposition positions to bolster their thoughts, right or wrong. More free form thought and discussion without goals or "competitiveness" that the idea of debate forms in a person leads to more open idea exchanging and knowledge growth.

Debates are piss matches and in the heat of the debate neither side will acknowledge defeat. I get that. However debates can still sway a debater. But that conversion won't happen in the middle of the debate. When it does happen, it happens long after the debate has ended and sometimes even after the debate has been forgotten. The impact of debates comes in small quiet moments of self reflecting.

Also another reason I would like to debate a single person is because there are simply too many atheotrolls here interjecting there asshole attitudes and being genuine dicks to have a decent polite conversation. I think it will be a simpler, much more enjoyable conversation to have with a single opponent.
31-07-2015, 11:28 PM
(31-07-2015 02:10 PM)kim Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 12:43 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  My conception of God could be just that. I'm pretty open on the possible nature of God. It is one thing to come to the conclusion that we are the product of intellect and another to come a conclusion about the nature of that intellect that created us.

Why?

Less talking more fucking.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
Thread Closed