I would like to debate someone about whether or not God exist
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-08-2015, 08:36 AM
RE: I would like to debate someone about whether or not God exist
(02-08-2015 08:24 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  How exactly is someone supposed to debate a figment of your imagination?

"I think he exists"

I think there is no evidence he exists, in fact the basis of Yahweh can be traced back to its creation, fabrication, and assimilation. If you aren't talking about the anthropocentric abrahamic faith-based xtian god, it really doesn't matter as they are all made up.

"I have a personal relationship with my god"

yes, yes I am sure you do.....

It is more likely that he will whip up a concoction of the argument from design and the anthropic principle; the former being an argument from ignorance, the latter being inverted logic.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
02-08-2015, 09:01 AM
(02-08-2015 08:36 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-08-2015 08:24 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  How exactly is someone supposed to debate a figment of your imagination?

"I think he exists"

I think there is no evidence he exists, in fact the basis of Yahweh can be traced back to its creation, fabrication, and assimilation. If you aren't talking about the anthropocentric abrahamic faith-based xtian god, it really doesn't matter as they are all made up.

"I have a personal relationship with my god"

yes, yes I am sure you do.....

It is more likely that he will whip up a concoction of the argument from design and the anthropic principle; the former being an argument from ignorance, the latter being inverted logic.

Most likely, same BS, different day.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
02-08-2015, 09:28 AM
(02-08-2015 08:36 AM)Chas Wrote:  ...
the anthropic principle; ... being inverted logic.

and tautological.

Smile

02-08-2015, 09:59 AM
See what I mean? Here we are at post #44 and any debate hasn't even started yet. Laugh out load
02-08-2015, 11:53 AM
In order for one to have a debate, one must have a position beyond one's imagination....like...I don't know...a basis in reality, supported by empirical evidence would be especially helpful...if not, we can sit around the campfire while roasting marshmallows and seeing who can come up with the wildest, most ridiculous tale for the purpose of life...like...god. Entertaining perhaps, but hardly the litmus test for reality, or validation of ones perspective.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
02-08-2015, 12:01 PM
Still looking in. Smile
02-08-2015, 03:40 PM
I would like to debate someone about whether or not God exist
To my mind, Carl Sagan already definitively treated the subject in "The Varieties of Scientific Experience."
[+] 1 user Likes jabeady's post
Thread Closed