IDiot logic in a nut shell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-08-2016, 05:48 PM
IDiot logic in a nut shell
Only an intelligence is known to do x. Thou the only intelligent we know of can't do x therefore let's imagine a vastly mightier intelligence must have done x .Even thou the only intelligence we know that can do x didn't do x

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2016, 05:56 PM
RE: IDiot logic in a nut shell
What?

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
15-08-2016, 05:57 PM
the Borg got to him.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
15-08-2016, 05:58 PM
Only an idiot would put a message in a bottle and toss it into the sea, so if you find a message in a bottle floating in the sea you know it came from an idiot!
15-08-2016, 06:13 PM
Okay i will clarify

Only an intelligence can do X(whatever the Idiot is pointing to as proof of ID)
But the only intelligence we know about (Humans)can't do X( the thing the idiot is pointing to)
But they will insist the an intelligence did X
Despite the only the Intelligence we know about (Humans)can't do X
So the make up a magic super intelligence (GOD)that has features that defy our own and insist that it did X
Despite the fact the only intelligence we know of can't do the thing they insist must be the result of intelligence

15-08-2016, 06:19 PM
Yeah, I think I'd call it special pleading. It certainly is a very flimsy argument. Undecided

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
16-08-2016, 03:42 AM
I think the distinction is the difference between a force and a mind. Even atheist should agree that some force created the universe even if the nature of it is unkown. Man has an element of force in him even if he is not capable of creating matter and energy (leaving higher physics speculations aside). The argument of the ID's would be that the force in question must have a mind for whatever reasons that give.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
16-08-2016, 06:34 PM
(16-08-2016 03:42 AM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  I think the distinction is the difference between a force and a mind. Even atheist should agree that some force created the universe even if the nature of it is unkown. Man has an element of force in him even if he is not capable of creating matter and energy (leaving higher physics speculations aside). The argument of the ID's would be that the force in question must have a mind for whatever reasons that give.

Yup and it's silly