IG report - Hillary's email case

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2018, 01:06 PM
The Inspector General released his long awaited report on the DOJ/FBI handling of the Hillary Clinton email case. It's 568 pages long.

Some of the highlights:

Comey showed no bias for or against Hillary or Trump. However he broke a few rules (not laws) and department protocol.

FBI agent Peter Strzok "might" have shown bias in favor of Hillary. He sent a text to his girlfriend Lisa Page that said "we will stop Trump from becoming president," and many more examples of similar texts.

5 DOJ/FBI personal have been referred for investigation to determine if they should be fired.

Nothing super major in my opinion, but I do find it particularly troublesome that Strzok had his hands in EVERYTHING, leading the Hillary investigation, interviewing Mike Flynn, writing the Hillary exoneration statement and getting FISA warrants on Trump campaign people. And then he ends up on the Mueller team? This guy definitely needs to be fired after all of those texts. Trump's lawyers will eat this guy alive in an trial. His actions alone are enough to cast reasonable doubt in a trial.

Death is a debt we all must pay...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Grim's post
14-06-2018, 01:16 PM
RE: IG report - Hillary's email case
Apparently Strzok prioritized the Russia probe over the Hillary emails.

Frankly, I would do so also, without any political prejudice. Foreign adversaries attempting to manipulate our election seems more pressing than seeing whether someone who is a citizen with zero chance of fleeing has committed a non violent crime.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
14-06-2018, 01:25 PM
(14-06-2018 01:16 PM)Dom Wrote:  Apparently Strzok prioritized the Russia probe over the Hillary emails.

Frankly, I would do so also, without any political prejudice. Foreign adversaries attempting to manipulate our election seems more pressing than seeing whether someone who is a citizen with zero chance of fleeing has committed a non violent crime.

I believe however, if I read it correctly on CNN, that the IG believes Strzok was biased in prioritizing the Trump investigation over the Hillary investigation. His texts make that pretty clear. Was McCabe in on it? (remember the "in Andy's office" text?)

I think Comey was probably mislead. I think he did what he felt was right, given the (mis) information fed to him by Strzok and McCabe. They purposely didn't tell Comey about the Weiner laptop, and only finally did because it was about to get leaked by pissed off agents that wanted to examine it. They didn't want the investigation reopened before the election. Comey had no choice but to go public with it for fear of looking like the whole FBI was covering for her.

[+] 1 user Likes Grim's post
14-06-2018, 02:13 PM
(14-06-2018 01:06 PM)Grim Wrote:  His actions alone are enough to cast reasonable doubt in a trial.

While I'm not defending Strzok, it would seem the only reasonable doubt you could get is for any evidence he gathered that can't somehow be independently corroborated. If it comes to his word against a defendant's, then he's going to have a hard time convincing people, but evidence is evidence.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
14-06-2018, 05:53 PM
James Comey Used His Personal Email and Laptop While Conducting FBI Business: DOJ Inspector General's Report

An internal watchdog dinged James Comey for operating in a manner "inconsistent with the FBI Policy Statement.”
By Elizabeth Preza / AlterNet June 14, 2018, 9:22 AM GMT

Former FBI director James Comey used his personal email to conduct official FBI business, even as he publicly criticized Hillary Clinton over her use of a personal email during her time as Secretary of State.

The news comes as part of the Department of Justice Inspector General’s report released Thursday that was highly critical of Comey’s handling of the Clinton email investigation and found his own use of a personal account was “inconsistent” with FBI policy, HuffPost reports.

Per the inspector general's report, Comey said he used his personal email when he was crafting speeches or organization-wide emails with unclassified information. Comey told investigators he used two phones and his own laptop for unclassified work.

According to HuffPost, “asked if his use of a personal email and personal device was in line with FBI regulations, Comey said he didn’t know, but had the ‘sense’ it was okay.”

The IG disagreed, finding that “given the absence of exigent circumstances and the frequency with which the use of personal email occurred Comey’s use of a personal email account on multiple occasions for unclassified FBI business to be inconsistent with the FBI Policy Statement.

https://www.alternet.org/comey-used-his-...ter1093279
[+] 2 users Like Rachel's post
14-06-2018, 06:31 PM
Trump is doing the same. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
14-06-2018, 06:43 PM
A good read.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/14/politics/...index.html

[+] 1 user Likes Grim's post
14-06-2018, 06:48 PM
(14-06-2018 01:06 PM)Grim Wrote:  FBI agent Peter Strzok...

Sorry, slightly off topic—I have zero interest in what Hillary did or didn't do two years ago—but how the fuck do you pronounce Strzok? It seems to be missing a couple of necessary vowels.    Big Grin

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
14-06-2018, 07:16 PM
(14-06-2018 06:48 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(14-06-2018 01:06 PM)Grim Wrote:  FBI agent Peter Strzok...

Sorry, slightly off topic—I have zero interest in what Hillary did or didn't do two years ago—but how the fuck do you pronounce Strzok? It seems to be missing a couple of necessary vowels.    Big Grin

You don't pronounce the z I think.

[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
15-06-2018, 11:53 AM
Of course, Trump is claiming this "totally exonerates" him. It was pointed out to him that the conclusion showed no systemic bias. He rejects that part, but thought the rest of the report was very "interesting" and "a pretty good read".

Also, from that same interview, apparently Obama lost Crimea?

Quote:President Obama lost Crimea, because Putin didn’t respect President Obama. President Obama lost Crimea because President Putin didn’t respect President Obama. Didn’t respect our country and didn’t respect Ukraine. President Obama, not Trump — when it’s my fault, I’ll tell you.

The funniest part of that is that it implies that Putin respects Trump. Laugh out load
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post