III Reich and Shoah recommended literature.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2016, 06:20 AM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2016 06:42 AM by Szuchow.)
RE: III Reich and Shoah recommended literature.
(04-02-2016 01:22 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(03-02-2016 04:36 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  I'm too, but it is not history forum after all.

Plus, you already hit on most of the touchstones anyone without a really academic interest might think of.

Probably.

(04-02-2016 01:22 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I do think if you're interested in historiography as much as history then older works would be useful from that perspective.

It is interesting to see how perspective has changed during the years. I prefer less dated book though.

(04-02-2016 01:22 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I'd also be interested in the sorts of works published in the former second world back in the day, for similar reasons, but I wouldn't know anything about that.

You mean books about III Reich published behind Iron Curtain? They aren't often translated as far as I know and my knowledge pertain to only those written in polish.

If you're interested in books about III Reich written behind Iron Curtain then I can recommend entire series by late Karol Grunberg, though after quick search it appears that his books weren't translated. There are also works by Franciszek Ryszka but I don't know if they were translated.

There is much more I assume, though for my own reading I prefer books written by foreign authors. If you're interested here is database listing all major (or maybe even all) libraries in Poland with extensive search options - http://karo.umk.pl/Karo/
It's also available in english.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply