[IMPORTANT] Article on Dilemma of determinism is at stake on Wikipedia!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-10-2015, 06:14 AM (This post was last modified: 29-10-2015 08:14 PM by piotrniz.)
[IMPORTANT] Article on Dilemma of determinism is at stake on Wikipedia!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dilemma_of_determinism

Men vote (for saving or deleting the article) by logging in as editor, going to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:...eterminism - and then clicking 'Edit source' and adding a new line, containing e.g.

*Keep. ~~~~

or

*Delete. ~~~~

or

*Keep the article. I think that (...) ~~~~

You can use three apostrophes ('''text''') to make something bold. 4 tildes will be replaced by a signature with your username and date & time. To type a tilde, press Shift-` (~ being the character on left of the key for exclamation mark, '!'; ! = Shift-1, ~ = Shift-`).
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2015, 07:28 PM
RE: [IMPORTANT] Article on Dilemma of determinism is at stake on Wikipedia!
Here you can find whence comes the idea that freedom of will undetermined by anything means the existence of absolute chance. Also, one or two other interesting arguments. Please, have a stance in this debate.

https://www.samharris.org/forum/viewthread/18183/
31-10-2015, 09:42 AM
Looks okay to me. What reason are they giving for deletion?

#sigh
31-10-2015, 10:16 AM
(31-10-2015 09:42 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Looks okay to me. What reason are they giving for deletion?

The talk page has a link to the deletion discussion. Several people are saying it is too similar to already existing articles.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-10-2015, 12:44 PM
There is no good reason. They just dislike it so much that they want to hide it. My guess is that bribery is going on (who's got the greatest interest in hiding the topic? my guess: big churches -- they seem already involved in influencing the media heavily anyway).

Here's the link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:...omination)

When they say that the topic is CONTESTED already in other articles and this is enough (i.e. "it was already refuted between two sentences of a little known article, without a separate section") then this is a joke. The topic is important and professional academic philosophers coined a separate distinguished name for it. There is no legitimate reason for such a deletion. But 1 "controversial" article (which possibly supports atheism) was already saved by voting - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedrich_N...free_will. So perhaps you'll be able to save the article on dilemma of determinism just as well.
31-10-2015, 12:50 PM
I really don't see a dilemma with determinism.
All outcomes are predetermined .

We don't know what some of those outcomes are going to be and I for one, like surprises.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
31-10-2015, 01:12 PM
Seems like a coherent, well-written, well-reasoned and well-sourced Wiki page to me. I don't see anything in the delete comments except other people have used the phrase "Dilemma of Determinism". Well no fucking duh that's what Wikipedia is all about. It looks well-sourced to me so I doubt there's any plagiarism involved. The objections seem petty. How do I vote to keep it again?

#sigh
31-10-2015, 05:03 PM
(31-10-2015 12:44 PM)piotrniz Wrote:  There is no good reason. They just dislike it so much that they want to hide it. My guess is that bribery is going on (who's got the greatest interest in hiding the topic? my guess: big churches -- they seem already involved in influencing the media heavily anyway)
Might there also be a little bit of this too?...

[Image: Tin_foil_hat_2.png]

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes LostLocke's post
01-11-2015, 03:01 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2015 03:07 AM by piotrniz.)
@LostLocke: precisely this is the problem. Lack of influence.

As far as I know, pope John Paul II considered the dilemma of determinism as a noteworthy argument, although I can attest it only as a kind of a 'gossip' (though very very likely; it was like speaking between the lines, many times in well chosen contexts).

Further, there exists a gossip that Mr. Tusk (prime minister of Poland) organized cruel torture against Piotr Nietzsche'insky (Nizynski; Piotr as per the Prophecy of the Popes) mainly because of this dilemma. Really. Benedict XVI is said to have asked him for that (several sources from both state and the Church seem to confirm this, including pope Francis in his utterances).
05-11-2015, 08:12 AM
Still up to date.