INTJ, is it true?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-11-2013, 08:10 PM
RE: INTJ, is it true?
(27-11-2013 06:45 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  ...
The last Myers Briggs test I took classified me as INTJ but a borderline INFJ.
my T (Thinking) was at 51% and my F (Feeling) was at 49%)

We are supposed to be thinking atheists.

I'd keep quiet about the highness of your F-factor if I were you...

You don't want to know what our chosen Queen Aurora does with 'feelers'.

Let's just say that she has a special place where your feelings are ... no ... .. it's ... just ... Weeping ... too ... horrible.

If anyone asks, tell them you are 51% Thinking and 49% Finking.

Yes

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
27-11-2013, 08:28 PM
(27-11-2013 08:10 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(27-11-2013 06:45 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  ...

We are supposed to be thinking atheists.

I'd keep quiet about the highness of your F-factor if I were you...

You don't want to know what our chosen Queen Aurora does with 'feelers'.

Let's just say that she has a special place where your feelings are ... no ... .. it's ... just ... Weeping ... too ... horrible.

If anyone asks, tell them you are 51% Thinking and 49% Finking.

Yes

I found many of the questions difficult to answer, just because its often not as simple as picking a point on a polarizing scale. Sometimes the feels should be considered, if only to better calculate the emotional impact any decisions might have on others. I would never call an appeal to feels in an attempt to prove a point, or in any important decision... But I also scored fairly high in Feeling, and I think its because I still give weight to others feelings... And the test had obviously limited ways to respond to fairly complicated questions.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
27-11-2013, 08:34 PM
So just for shits and grins I took the test again. Interestingly I came up as INTP this time around whereas the first time I was INTJ.

Quote:A major concern for INTPs is the haunting sense of impending failure. They spend considerable time second-guessing themselves. The open-endedness (from Perceiving) conjoined with the need for competence (NT) is expressed in a sense that one's conclusion may well be met by an equally plausible alternative solution, and that, after all, one may very well have overlooked some critical bit of data. An INTP arguing a point may very well be trying to convince himself as much as his opposition. In this way INTPs are markedly different from INTJs, who are much more confident in their competence and willing to act on their convictions.

The first time I took the test, I was still very new to my atheism and not nearly as adept at true skeptical thinking. It's had quite an effect on my worldview and it seems to show through the test.

Neato! Thumbsup

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
27-11-2013, 11:41 PM (This post was last modified: 27-11-2013 11:49 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(27-11-2013 06:45 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Is that true (that we have a bunch of INTJs here)?

Yep, I went through all of the previous posts and tallied up everyone I could find.

Out of all the results I could get a hold of, INTJ's made up 25/60, or 42%.

My own group, INTP, came in second with 8/60, or 13%.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
28-11-2013, 01:13 AM (This post was last modified: 28-11-2013 01:25 AM by sporehux.)
http://www.personalitypathways.com/type_...#Inventory

INTP for me, multitasking and deadline pressures are an adrenaline rush, addictive.
Im convinced I intentionally (subconsciously) procrastinate a task because the deadline will get better results from me.

But its 60:40 p:j

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
28-11-2013, 01:18 AM
I'm INTJ as well.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
28-11-2013, 01:29 AM
(27-11-2013 08:34 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  So just for shits and grins I took the test again. Interestingly I came up as INTP this time around whereas the first time I was INTJ.

Quote:A major concern for INTPs is the haunting sense of impending failure. They spend considerable time second-guessing themselves. The open-endedness (from Perceiving) conjoined with the need for competence (NT) is expressed in a sense that one's conclusion may well be met by an equally plausible alternative solution, and that, after all, one may very well have overlooked some critical bit of data. An INTP arguing a point may very well be trying to convince himself as much as his opposition. In this way INTPs are markedly different from INTJs, who are much more confident in their competence and willing to act on their convictions.

The first time I took the test, I was still very new to my atheism and not nearly as adept at true skeptical thinking. It's had quite an effect on my worldview and it seems to show through the test.

Neato! Thumbsup

Nice, and interesting bit of information being an INTP myself. Yeah, that whole second guessing part sounds completely legit. There are many times when I go off on someone and I start second-guessing myself almost as soon as I post it... Blush

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
28-11-2013, 01:48 AM
Redrafting........

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
28-11-2013, 01:53 AM
(28-11-2013 01:29 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Yeah, that whole second guessing part sounds completely legit.

Well, I'm still fairly new (within or around a year) to it, or since my deconversion. But it makes a whole lot of sense. I mean, shit. Every stance that I once held, whether staunchly or not, concerning gays, abortion, how an informed and concerned person should stand on any moral issue, has been compromised by simply removing the god glasses. And as I've been progressing through my worldview on every issue (slowly, as they come up) I've noticed a huge change in the way that I approach them.
A while back I started a thread, which I think perfectly exemplifies my "transition", if you will.

I'm a toddler learning to walk at this point. Blush

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...skepticism

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
28-11-2013, 01:54 AM
(27-11-2013 06:45 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  I saw somebody (I think it was DLJ, but I am most likely wrong haha) say that there is a high percentage of INTJs on this site, when INTJ is actually a very small percentage of the population.

Is that true (that we have a bunch of INTJs here)?

I don't know what INTJ or INFJ is, but I prefer to be thinking and feeling.