INTRO - Post believer, former Southern Baptist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-08-2011, 06:59 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2011 11:12 PM by Observer.)

INTRO - Post believer, former Southern Baptist
Greetings everyone. Good Southern Baptist boy here...for several decades. Now, I'm a post-believer. To save time and space on this forum, you can read a medium-size version of my testimony here on Ex-christian dot net. <---

I was passionate about my relationship with Christ. But most of the answers never made sense. I also noticed the non-Christian behavior of Christians. An episode happened at a Bible church around eleven years ago that was the final straw. I stepped back from the situation and said..."It's time to get my **it together and stop 'covering up' the facts, that it is probably all a bunch of caca de bovine."

When my parents died, my dad just three years ago, I was free to not offend them, since they were the sweetest parents in the entire universe!! So now, I don't really hide it much, except that I am still employed by a church, awaiting the day when I do not need that job for my finances!! So now, I'm pretty passionate about my non-relationship with Christ.

Glad to find this forum. Seth seems like a classy guy! I wish his program was on radio or satellite. What a voice!!!

Thanks,
RW
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2011, 11:10 PM
RE: INTRO - Post believer, former Shiite Baptist
(11-08-2011 06:59 PM)Roger Williams Wrote:  I stepped back from the situation and said..."It's time to get my **it together and stop 'covering up' the facts, that it is probably all a bunch of caca de bovine."
Smile
Bonjour monsieur...

Welcome to the forums. Have an insightful stay.

Do you have an authority function at your church?

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2011, 07:31 PM
RE: INTRO - Post believer, former Southern Baptist
(11-08-2011 06:59 PM)Roger Williams Wrote:  I was passionate about my relationship with Christ.

As an atheist, I'm still passionate about my relationship with Christ. It's just that I don't think Christians have heard what Jesus was saying.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post