IRS Approves First Church Of Cannabis

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2015, 07:40 AM
IRS Approves First Church Of Cannabis
I love this, nothing like some unintended consequences shoved right into the face of the bigots that came up with the "religious freedom restoration act" in Indiana.

Quote: Welcome to the First Church of Cannabis Inc., approved by Indiana’s Secretary of State under its controversial Religious Freedom Restoration Act. Even bigger that state law approval, the church has even been granted tax-exempt status by the IRS. Tea Party conservatives evidently had a lot more trouble with their tax exemption applications. The stated intent of the upstart church is “to start a church based on love and understanding with compassion for all.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertwood/2...marijuana/

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Worom's post
04-06-2015, 08:53 AM
RE: IRS Approves First Church Of Cannabis
For a second I misread that as First Church of Cannibals and I thought I'd finally found my religion.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
04-06-2015, 09:17 AM
(04-06-2015 07:40 AM)Worom Wrote:  I love this, nothing like some unintended consequences shoved right into the face of the bigots that came up with the "religious freedom restoration act" in Indiana.

Quote: Welcome to the First Church of Cannabis Inc., approved by Indiana’s Secretary of State under its controversial Religious Freedom Restoration Act. Even bigger that state law approval, the church has even been granted tax-exempt status by the IRS. Tea Party conservatives evidently had a lot more trouble with their tax exemption applications. The stated intent of the upstart church is “to start a church based on love and understanding with compassion for all.

---

Consider
So ... I've always based my philosophy on love and understanding with compsssion for all ... as have my followers.

Where's MY tax exemption? If I have to smoke a bowl, I suppose I'll make the sacrifice. Maybe they should just give an exemption to me up front for NOT smoking. Call it a tax break. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
04-06-2015, 11:51 AM
(04-06-2015 08:53 AM)yakherder Wrote:  For a second I misread that as First Church of Cannibals and I thought I'd finally found my religion.

Yeah, but you gotta watch it when you're around Pope Hannibal I.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post