ISIS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2015, 02:54 PM
RE: ISIS
I wanna kill these guys bad.

Not just bombs. I want them to know who killed them, and I want there to be no doubt that they've been outclassed, not just killed via technological superiority.

Ready and waiting for the orders if the politicians and the general public ever decide to pull their fingers out of their asses.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
04-02-2015, 03:49 PM
(03-02-2015 02:36 PM)morondog Wrote:  So I just saw a headline "Captured Jordanian pilot burned alive by ISIS"... I don't really want to know exactly what happened so I didn't click the link. But FUCK. These guys are beyond the pale... I dunno what needs to be done about them but this kind of barbarism...

I hate humans sometimes Sad
Perhaps they are trying their hardest to incite all out war.

At the moment their war is one sided. They are fighting a "war" but the rest of the world are only reacting to terrorism "incidents".

Perhaps they want to bring the rest of the world into their situation, they want the West and the Rest to be fighting against the Islamic nations, that way they can get all the Islamic nations and people to join their war and fight against the West and the Rest. Certainly the massacre of children, the public beheadings, throwing off building and burnings are meant to incite a violent response.

They think they have the grace of god on their side, their scriptures tell them they will be glorious and victorious in battle. They take honor and pride in fighting at god's side.

The barbarism in their actions are aligned with the barbarism in their scripture, the barbarism of god himself.
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
04-02-2015, 04:50 PM
(04-02-2015 03:49 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(03-02-2015 02:36 PM)morondog Wrote:  So I just saw a headline "Captured Jordanian pilot burned alive by ISIS"... I don't really want to know exactly what happened so I didn't click the link. But FUCK. These guys are beyond the pale... I dunno what needs to be done about them but this kind of barbarism...

I hate humans sometimes Sad
Perhaps they are trying their hardest to incite all out war.

At the moment their war is one sided. They are fighting a "war" but the rest of the world are only reacting to terrorism "incidents".

Perhaps they want to bring the rest of the world into their situation, they want the West and the Rest to be fighting against the Islamic nations, that way they can get all the Islamic nations and people to join their war and fight against the West and the Rest. Certainly the massacre of children, the public beheadings, throwing off building and burnings are meant to incite a violent response.

They think they have the grace of god on their side, their scriptures tell them they will be glorious and victorious in battle. They take honor and pride in fighting at god's side.

The barbarism in their actions are aligned with the barbarism in their scripture, the barbarism of god himself.

If that is their intent and they get it, they won't survive it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-02-2015, 05:12 PM
(04-02-2015 04:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  If that is their intent and they get it, they won't survive it.
Well, if we help them recruit by supporting a West vs Islam war it would be an un-winnable war for the West.
1. The "West" would be up against many Arab nations, including chemical and possibly nuclear weapons.
2. Nuking them would have massive collateral as there are many non Islamic people whom don't support ISIS within those countries. Let alone the fallout issues with Africa and Europe so close.
3. Most countries around the world have a significant amount of Muslims within their own borders. You could round them up, but that is drastic Nazi styled warfare.

To "win" this, we need to win the political side of it. Many Muslims are very easily swayed into an anti-West position. Jordon executing a Muslim woman is helping ISIS to recruit.

I think that the more public and horrific ISIS get with regards to trying to incite the West, it shows that they are desperate. It is evidence of the death throws of ISIS already losing their cause. The West need to keep their heads above the waters, they need to keep focusing on targeting leaders, targeting stifling financial resources, they need to somehow reduce ISIS' ability to recruit rather than to increase that (which is what further occupation, invasion and combat would achieve).
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
04-02-2015, 06:37 PM
I'm all for forcible gender reassignment for the leaders. It's what should have been done with Bin Laden.

For the rest, let's start arming the drones with high-dose LSD darts. Six lunatics, 400 rounds, one great big desert and 1000 hits of acid.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
04-02-2015, 06:59 PM
(03-02-2015 07:22 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Correct me if I'm wrong but the Kurds don't really seem all too keen to attack the west. I mean Turkey will have problems with it but Turkey is part of the EU and they can be reigned in.

Turkey's the one that's gotta do this. The shit's in their backyard and they got the military capability to squash 'em like bugs. Problem is they're a part of NATO so geopolitically it's complicated and touchy. Think they're gonna arm the Kurds to the teeth on the sly to go pick up the shit.

#sigh
04-02-2015, 07:33 PM
(03-02-2015 08:22 PM)bemore Wrote:  Well, out of all the execution videos I have seen none of them have been edited and presented like this one has.

Its like they have attempted to do it professionally, crazy....

The crazy thing is that you watch these videos.

Quote:Yet here we are.

Indeed we are here.

Quote:Lousy analogy Muffs.

No it's not. They are an infectious disease and maverick missiles are the cure.

Quote:The only worry I have with the idea of war is it costs a lot of resources and time, and you can't just go kill the fuckers, you have to stabilise the area, somehow win the hearts and minds of the local population

That's where the Syrian government (or opposition depending on who wins the civil war but I think the Government has that in the bag but we'll see), Iraq government and Kurds come into play.
We just send some planes over and kill them all and the Kurds sweep in and do all the stabilizing shit. Obviously it's a little more complex than that but you get my drift.

Quote:Perhaps they want to bring the rest of the world into their situation, they want the West and the Rest to be fighting against the Islamic nations, that way they can get all the Islamic nations and people to join their war and fight against the West and the Rest.

Except that SA, UAE, Iraq, Iran, Syria, Jordan, Turkey, Morocco, Bahrain and Qatar are all fighting agaisnt them so... that's not really working out for them.

Quote:They think they have the grace of god on their side, their scriptures tell them they will be glorious and victorious in battle. They take honor and pride in fighting at god's side.

And so I say we give them what they wish and give them a one way trip to see their god.

Quote:Well, if we help them recruit by supporting a West vs Islam war it would be an un-winnable war for the West.

Obama is doing this right. You'll see that he never says "US airstrike" it's always "Coalition airstrikes". People also understand this war. It's like a movie, you have a solid bad guy (ISIS) and you have a solid good guy (the Coalition). Stamping out evil etc.. all that good stuff.

It's also key that Syria, Iraq and the Kurds are fighting this on the ground.

Quote:Turkey's the one that's gotta do this. The shit's in their backyard and they got the military capability to squash 'em like bugs. Problem is they're a part of NATO so geopolitically it's complicated and touchy. Think they're gonna arm the Kurds to the teeth on the sly to go pick up the shit.

No they don't like the Kurds. They're not even letting them across the border to fight. The Kurds want part of Turkey to become independent Kurdistan and obviously the Turks aren't too keen on that. So they're not about to arm them to the teeth and help them out.
04-02-2015, 07:53 PM
(04-02-2015 02:54 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I wanna kill these guys bad.

Not just bombs. I want them to know who killed them, and I want there to be no doubt that they've been outclassed, not just killed via technological superiority.

Ready and waiting for the orders if the politicians and the general public ever decide to pull their fingers out of their asses.

I watched a video on the U.S.'s aging nuclear weapons facility infrastructure... Consider

I now know one way to get rid of all the oldest ICBMs! Evil_monster

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
04-02-2015, 09:00 PM
(04-02-2015 07:33 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:The only worry I have with the idea of war is it costs a lot of resources and time, and you can't just go kill the fuckers, you have to stabilise the area, somehow win the hearts and minds of the local population

That's where the Syrian government (or opposition depending on who wins the civil war but I think the Government has that in the bag but we'll see), Iraq government and Kurds come into play.
We just send some planes over and kill them all and the Kurds sweep in and do all the stabilizing shit. Obviously it's a little more complex than that but you get my drift.

I'm kinda with Muffs on this one.

Last time the West went in in-force, we cocked up the re-stabilisation: there is no point in denying that fact.

I reckon that it is smartest to keep limited involvement here; limit ourselves to supplying the 'good guys' and backing them up via air strikes while letting the natives take the ground war, letting them be the stars of the show; they have to be the ones to fix their problems, or they will lack the local legitimacy to maintain the peace.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
04-02-2015, 10:09 PM
(04-02-2015 02:54 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I wanna kill these guys bad.

If you are going to do that, try to bring a sword, cut one in half with it for me.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube