ISIS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2015, 10:07 AM
RE: ISIS
(05-02-2015 09:40 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(05-02-2015 09:21 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  And pollute the atmosphere? I think not good sir.

You get my point though? If your answer when put on trial for war crimes was "they started it"... it's hardly... convincing is it? If you condemn this shit then you can't turn around and advocate using the same kind of torture on the guys who did the dirty deeds, no matter how satisfying it would be, because as soon as you do that... the distinction between the good guy and the bad guy becomes simply who was the winner, there *is* no other difference.

Dodgy You're ruining my evil plans, goddammit.

So if they're burning people alive for the because they like their incense scented parfume du people, can I use them to try out new procedures for the purpose of medical advances? At least it'd be for the "greater good." I'd like my hospital in the Caribbean, with 50 SPF spray on sunscreen as part of my benefits package. Cool Code of Ethics wut?

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
05-02-2015, 10:37 AM
(05-02-2015 12:52 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Scene: Smoking room in an Irish bar at Schiphol airport.
Players: 30 or so burly, (thuggish even) rugged looking gentlemen of various ethnicities - most are vaguely European.
Skynews talking to no one and they are showing us the British newspaper headlines:
Suicidal footballer
Some people who resigned from something
Other stuff ... no one paying any attention...

Noise level like any working man's bar.

One newspaper headline covering ISIS...

Total silence swamps the room.

Expression on faces are emotionless ... passive... indescribable in their blankness.

Next headline (from an 'I' paper? Unknown to me) about the archbishop encouraging people to pay their taxes.

So the church pays tax in England now? Who knew?

"That's fucking ironic", I mutter under my breath and conversation restarts around me.

That was some seriously palpable tension (the ISIS silence). Made me shiver

Wow...the ISIS silence.

That's actually rather interesting.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

05-02-2015, 10:43 AM
I find remarks from ISIS like this very troubling....

"If you fight for democracy, we will fight for Islam,"

There is sooooo much wrong with that sentence.

Article link: http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/04/europe/kos...umeddiene/

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

05-02-2015, 10:49 AM
I am going to play devils advocate here for a moment and mention some things, that are uncomfortable and dont get mentioned.

Reading this thread i see peoples reactions and that they would support the barbaric and horrendous torture of people (justified because of these peoples previous action) and I imagine that many here have in no way been personally affected by anything IS has done.

It is highlighted in this recent IS propaganda video, images of children with their heads blown apart, burnt beyond recognition. These are not things, nor images that our mainstream press like to show all of us citizens.

Where us, as westerners may justify "collateral" as it is for "the greater good" , sadly for the innocent people who get caught up in these wars they have just witnessed an airstrike or the aftermath, in person, which is much more real than seeing something on a screen.

They have been living their lives, to then have a war on their doorstep, which creates power vaccums, which can lead to even more horrendous conditions for them.

It is our countries actions, not decided by you and me personally but by the "democratically elected" leadership, that in many cases make lifes for people in these countries worse.

Im not justifying any actions, but i think there are victims from our "terrorism" that if it was roles reveresed, if a country came and destroyed your infrastructure and destroyed your family, for reasons you have nothing to do with, i can imagine why people would hate the west and want to go to war with us.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
05-02-2015, 10:52 AM
I was agreeing with the not so moronic dog's point.

Hence the ruining of my evil plans.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
05-02-2015, 12:37 PM
I don't have a problem cutting out the cancer. I have a... beef... with the idea that it's justifiable to do it by being equally nasty back. War, sure, bad stuff happens. Can't exactly expect Joe Bloggs on the front to be a model citizen. But... in terms of... what the ideal is...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
05-02-2015, 12:43 PM
Morondog is, of course, right. If you reciprocate in kind, you become no better than ISIS. On the other hand, it is cathartic to fantasize about it. Big Grin

What is probably more effective, and is certainly the moral higher ground, is to retaliate as Jordan did. They simply removed two ISIS prisoners from jail and promptly hanged them. There were no big doings around it and they did not plaster films of the hangings all over the internet. Jordan also sent some of its F-16s over to Eastern Syria to strike ISIS camps. Their attitude is, if you kill one of ours, we'll kill a whole bunch of yours. I don't credit anybody in ISIS with being very smart but, eventually even an idiot is going to figure out that these numbers aren't working for them. We lose one, they lose 2 to 100. How long can they play this game before they run out of people?
05-02-2015, 12:56 PM
(05-02-2015 10:49 AM)bemore Wrote:  I am going to play devils advocate here for a moment and mention some things, that are uncomfortable and dont get mentioned.

Reading this thread i see peoples reactions and that they would support the barbaric and horrendous torture of people (justified because of these peoples previous action) and I imagine that many here have in no way been personally affected by anything IS has done.

It is highlighted in this recent IS propaganda video, images of children with their heads blown apart, burnt beyond recognition. These are not things, nor images that our mainstream press like to show all of us citizens.

Where us, as westerners may justify "collateral" as it is for "the greater good" , sadly for the innocent people who get caught up in these wars they have just witnessed an airstrike or the aftermath, in person, which is much more real than seeing something on a screen.

They have been living their lives, to then have a war on their doorstep, which creates power vaccums, which can lead to even more horrendous conditions for them.

It is our countries actions, not decided by you and me personally but by the "democratically elected" leadership, that in many cases make lifes for people in these countries worse.

Im not justifying any actions, but i think there are victims from our "terrorism" that if it was roles reveresed, if a country came and destroyed your infrastructure and destroyed your family, for reasons you have nothing to do with, i can imagine why people would hate the west and want to go to war with us.

Do you really think propaganda material from IS to be trustworthy concerning the number of civilian deaths, including women and children???

Meanwhile, here in reality, a report conducted by the UN in cooperation with witnesses and researchers has confirmed that ISIS has executed hundreds of Jezidi, Kurdish, Christian and Shia undraged boys, because unlike girls, nobody wanted to buy them as slaves and IS didnt want to bother converting them.

http://www.spiegel.de/politik/ausland/un...16894.html

If anyone wants to point fingers concerning the murder of children they are the last.
Even if there was colateral damage in which civilians were mistakenly killed by airstrikes - those were at least NOT deliberate!

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
05-02-2015, 01:29 PM
(04-02-2015 02:51 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(04-02-2015 05:10 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  When I switched on my pc the first thing I saw was a link my friend sent me.

I will regret watching this for the rest of my life..................

And some morons think we can live in peace with these savages.

You mean ISIS right, not Muslim people in general?

The peacefull muslims myth is a myth and nothing more.

Look at them, they are fucking savages and nothing more.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
05-02-2015, 01:45 PM
... At one time a lot of people would have said that the peaceful German was a myth and nothing more... Sigh.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.