ISIS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2015, 05:02 PM
RE: ISIS
(05-02-2015 04:50 PM)BryanS Wrote:  This thread's recent posts have raised a question in my mind--is it OK to despise Islam? Why wouldn't it be? Despising a set of beliefs such as Communism may offend some people but despising a set of beliefs when those beliefs are religious based (calling this racism, or prejudice) is often considered beyond reproach. I don't think we should do that to ourselves as atheists--we should be free to despise Islam, Christianity, or any set of beliefs that we choose to. Islam is not special--other than its especially cruel and barbaric tenets.

I despise Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, Scientology, Mormonism. These are grotesque belief systems.

I don't actually give a fuck if someone thinks that's not OK.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 10 users Like Chas's post
05-02-2015, 06:42 PM
Not sure if you guys seen this before. WARNING: GRAPHIC.

Jordanian man was burned alive by these monsters.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4030583977001...show-clips

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
05-02-2015, 06:47 PM
(05-02-2015 05:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-02-2015 04:50 PM)BryanS Wrote:  This thread's recent posts have raised a question in my mind--is it OK to despise Islam? Why wouldn't it be? Despising a set of beliefs such as Communism may offend some people but despising a set of beliefs when those beliefs are religious based (calling this racism, or prejudice) is often considered beyond reproach. I don't think we should do that to ourselves as atheists--we should be free to despise Islam, Christianity, or any set of beliefs that we choose to. Islam is not special--other than its especially cruel and barbaric tenets.

I despise Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, Scientology, Mormonism. These are grotesque belief systems.

I don't actually give a fuck if someone thinks that's not OK.

The 'politically correct' idea of never offending anyones religious beliefs is cowardly bullshit. Always has been.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
05-02-2015, 10:16 PM
(04-02-2015 11:47 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(04-02-2015 10:09 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  If you are going to do that, try to bring a sword, cut one in half with it for me.

... I get confused who the bad guys are sometimes Dodgy If you've got a rabid dog you don't bloody well play games, you put it down humanely. Humans and retribution Rolleyes It's like it's built into us...

Bro, these fucks need to be tortured, not waterlogged, but like cut open their stomach and hang them from there eyes and legs tortured. They had a chance.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
05-02-2015, 10:56 PM
(05-02-2015 10:16 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(04-02-2015 11:47 PM)morondog Wrote:  ... I get confused who the bad guys are sometimes Dodgy If you've got a rabid dog you don't bloody well play games, you put it down humanely. Humans and retribution Rolleyes It's like it's built into us...

Bro, these fucks need to be tortured, not waterlogged, but like cut open their stomach and hang them from there eyes and legs tortured. They had a chance.

I disagree.

It is much more efficient to simply put them down.

Besides, I fail to see any valid reason why we should debase ourselves in such a manner as to go to their level.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
05-02-2015, 11:41 PM
(05-02-2015 10:16 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(04-02-2015 11:47 PM)morondog Wrote:  ... I get confused who the bad guys are sometimes Dodgy If you've got a rabid dog you don't bloody well play games, you put it down humanely. Humans and retribution Rolleyes It's like it's built into us...

Could you personally do that to someone who was begging you not to? Or what, go raa raa on the sidelines while some other schmuck dismembers them? Either one is pretty goddamn disturbing to my mind and as I've said before - what makes you better than them then? Sure, you can say "but they started it, they killed people in horrible ways first, and celebrated, they deserve it" - who the fuck is "they". In 10 years time will anyone care that "they" started it and you're the good guy? When both sides are killing and torturing and celebrating there's no justification.

You can either lose the idea that you're the good guy, admit that you're a fucken savage just like them and go at it hammer and tongs, or if you want to *actually* be the good guy you don't sink to that level.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 9 users Like morondog's post
05-02-2015, 11:51 PM
(05-02-2015 02:32 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Prior to 1914 Germany was a hub of culture and sufistication, producing some of the worlds greatest writers, artists and culture in general. Even between 1918 and 1933 there was a significant segment of German society that gave the world things like surrealist cinema.

What exactly has the islamic world given to the global community in the past 800 years?
Algebra, algorithms, solutions to quadratic equations, arabic numerals, advances in astronomy - those are the things I know offhand, I'm sure if I google search I can find more. Have you never read Omar Khayyam? For a *long time* the Arabic world was far more civilised than the West. Although I will grant you not much advances in womens' rights and that sorta thing Dodgy These things were gifts to the West in renaissance times... Sadly... fundamentalism has taken over in a number of places and I can't offhand name any advances in recent times. But it's far from 800 years of savagery.

Quote:
Quote:I do not dispute that the religion is pretty goddamn disgusting, but the people who follow that religion - some of them are fine individuals. Much the same as Christianity.

Oh yes indeed. because christianity has produced the equal ammount of savagry in the recent past. NOT.

Yet again, you miss the point. Christians believe some pretty fucked up stuff, if you go according to their book. But most of them ignore the really far out bits. Same with those moderate Muslims whom you claim do not exist.

There are something like 1.5 billion Muslims in the world today - I found that site by a simple google search, other estimates vary. You simply logistically *cannot* do much about that. We have to find a way to get along.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
05-02-2015, 11:59 PM
(03-02-2015 02:36 PM)morondog Wrote:  So I just saw a headline "Captured Jordanian pilot burned alive by ISIS"... I don't really want to know exactly what happened so I didn't click the link. But FUCK. These guys are beyond the pale... I dunno what needs to be done about them but this kind of barbarism...

I hate humans sometimes Sad

I feel your pain

Indeed - a fine example of religiously motivated people doing what they seem to do best: act in atrocious ways to others who do not share their ideology.

I am ashamed to be human some days too.

I Think; Therefore I Am....
...or is it the other way around?
[Image: b.gif]
Bunny's Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-02-2015, 02:51 AM
(05-02-2015 03:50 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(05-02-2015 01:51 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  It took Germany 7 years to join into bloodfirsty murderers for 6 years and then 4 years to turn them into a peacefull secular republic.

It took Islam 800 years to......... what exactly did they achieve in that time besides remaining savages?
Some Germans are Muslims aren't they.

Are we to treat them as Germans or as Muslims? What is their defining thing?

What a dumb question.

Some Germans are neo nazis, are you going to treat them as neo nazis or German citizens?

Since when are people from certain countries treated differently?

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
06-02-2015, 02:53 AM
(05-02-2015 11:51 PM)morondog Wrote:  Algebra, algorithms, solutions to quadratic equations, arabic numerals, advances in astronomy - those are the things I know offhand, I'm sure if I google search I can find more. Have you never read Omar Khayyam? For a *long time* the Arabic world was far more civilised than the West. Although I will grant you not much advances in womens' rights and that sorta thing Dodgy These things were gifts to the West in renaissance times... Sadly... fundamentalism has taken over in a number of places and I can't offhand name any advances in recent times. But it's far from 800 years of savagery.

Algebra was given to the world by Indians. And the socalled "arabic numerals" are in fact from India aswell.
All those mathematical milestones which people claim to originate from the Arab world are in fact from India.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post