ISIS attacks Iran

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-06-2017, 05:38 AM
ISIS attacks Iran
The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) claimed two attacks in Tehran after several armed assailants stormed into the country's parliament building and suicide bombers targeted the shrine of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini on Wednesday.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/iran-tehran-...e-attacks/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2017, 06:54 AM
RE: ISIS attacks Iran
Holy crap. Also, that the gunmen made it into Parliament's building is shocking, as is a pair of suicide bombers making it into the shrine grounds...have to concur with CBS calling it "symbolically stunning". It also raises the question, how did the bombs get there (well aside from on the suicide bombers); is there someone making bombs for ISIS still within Iran's territory, were they smuggled over the porous border with Iraq, etc.?

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
07-06-2017, 07:48 AM
Waiting for Trump's tweet condemning the attack. I wouldn't advise for anyone holding their breath though.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like abaris's post
07-06-2017, 07:57 AM
So does that mean we'll be friends with Iran because Iran is attacking ISIS too? Oh wait, no, doesn't work that way with Iran. Does work that way with Saudi Arabia. Strange.

[+] 5 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
07-06-2017, 09:31 AM
(07-06-2017 07:57 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  So does that mean we'll be friends with Iran because Iran is attacking ISIS too? Oh wait, no, doesn't work that way with Iran. Does work that way with Saudi Arabia. Strange.

Iran is predominantly Shia and they are pretty much surrounded by Sunni.

Saudi Arabia's severing of diplomatic ties with Qatar (ironically, for supporting militant groups) was a signal for fundamentalists everywhere to pound the living shit out of the Shia.

ISL will dance while they can and the Saudis will sit back and say, "Oh my but, not really our problem."

It's part of the power play between Sunni Saudi Arabia and Shia Iran. This is an interesting article about it ...
The Saudis will just let ISL do their dirty work.

Fucking religious tribal bullshit. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 7 users Like kim's post
07-06-2017, 05:55 PM
Quote: (ironically, for supporting militant groups)

I thought that was laughably ironic too when I heard it.
07-06-2017, 06:06 PM
I'm surprised it took this long. Iran's support has been vital in helping push ISIS back in Syria, where they're fighting to support their client state.

My guess would be that the attackers infiltrated through the western border -- but it's possible that they came from Afghanistan to the eat, where the people are ethnically closer and the languages similar, which might allow for better infiltration chances.
07-06-2017, 06:08 PM
Fun facts, if one wants to use that word in this connection. Iran blames Saudi Arabia for the attacks and voices suspicions that Trump's visit there may have had some influence. And meanwhile in other news, Turkey decided on stationing up to 3000 troops in Katar. Obviously in an attempt to rub it into the Saudi's faces.

Could get interesting if the USA has to choose between two allies obviously getting confrontational. Reminds me of 1974 when two NATO allies waged war against each other. Still the main reason why bankrupt Greece entertains a behemoth of an army.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
07-06-2017, 06:30 PM
(07-06-2017 07:48 AM)abaris Wrote:  Waiting for Trump's tweet condemning the attack. I wouldn't advise for anyone holding their breath though.

He did, only, not on twitter. Shocking I know.
Quote:“We underscore that states that sponsor terrorism risk falling victim to the evil that they promote,”

Source:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dona...a35c9b8698

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes izel's post
07-06-2017, 08:31 PM
(07-06-2017 06:30 PM)izel Wrote:  
(07-06-2017 07:48 AM)abaris Wrote:  Waiting for Trump's tweet condemning the attack. I wouldn't advise for anyone holding their breath though.

He did, only, not on twitter. Shocking I know.
Quote:“We underscore that states that sponsor terrorism risk falling victim to the evil that they promote,”

Source:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dona...a35c9b8698

There's no way that Trump formulated that sentence... it was coherent!

Dodgy

[+] 6 users Like DLJ's post