Poll: Are ISIS just another radical sect of Islam, or are they the true representation of Islamic ideology?
Radical sect of Islam
They ARE Islam!
[Show Results]

ISIS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-08-2014, 10:36 AM
RE: ISIS
Did I ever say Islam invented them? No. You have turned this whole conversation into a tangent. Islam IS political law. It is a guide on how to oppress and kill. If you follow Islam, even if you claim you are a good Muslim, you are endorsing these acts. ISIS are just enforcing them, just as the herd are supposed to. Therefore I think that ISIS are the real Muslims. Not just a group of people who have cultural traditions tied to Islam.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-08-2014, 10:39 AM
(20-08-2014 10:23 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  I'M NOT SAYING OTHERS DON'T DO IT, I CHOSE ISLAM AS A CASE IN POINT!!! "AGGGGGGGGGGG"

GOOD! So don't stupidly call it a political system. Because Christianity was treated the same way to the same barbaric degree. Islam IS CURRENTLY treated as a political system to a theocratic degree, YES. But Islam did not invent the idea of government law being run by a God. America still has far too many people who think our laws came from the bible. The are simply politically weaker in their attempts to mix law and religion, but they still make the attempts.

Once someone says "My morality came from my holy book" doesn't matter if they live in a theocracy or not. Those people act on their beliefs and their beliefs still come from holy books and still means they will make attempts to incorporate their holy books into law.

The only difference between the west and the east is that we manage our theism much better. But we still have nuts who want to destroy that management.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-08-2014, 10:41 AM
Key word is CURRENTLY.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
20-08-2014, 10:44 AM
Stupidly call it a political system? so calling something what it is, is stupid? Okay then. That is what ISLAM IS. Not just "currently". The written texts will ALWAYS SAY THE SAME THING. Ignorance is bliss. Goodbye.

20-08-2014, 10:45 AM
You don't have a clue what I've been talking about all this time, you just yap on about other religions being just as bad but they are "controlled better" blah blah blah.

20-08-2014, 10:54 AM
I'm going now, love you loads xxxxx

20-08-2014, 11:04 AM
(20-08-2014 10:44 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  Stupidly call it a political system? so calling something what it is, is stupid? Okay then. That is what ISLAM IS. Not just "currently". The written texts will ALWAYS SAY THE SAME THING. Ignorance is bliss. Goodbye.

What do you think right wingers mean when they say "Christian nation". If nations are based on laws and Christianity is a religion with a holy book then where do you think they think our laws came from? Why do you think some Christians want the 10 Commandments on public court property if they did not think our laws didn't come from the bible?

CURRENTLY the east is far worse in mixing government and religion, but any religion without a secular leash will do that.

20-08-2014, 11:15 AM
(20-08-2014 11:04 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(20-08-2014 10:44 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  Stupidly call it a political system? so calling something what it is, is stupid? Okay then. That is what ISLAM IS. Not just "currently". The written texts will ALWAYS SAY THE SAME THING. Ignorance is bliss. Goodbye.

What do you think right wingers mean when they say "Christian nation". If nations are based on laws and Christianity is a religion with a holy book then where do you think they think our laws came from? Why do you think some Christians want the 10 Commandments on public court property if they did not think our laws didn't come from the bible?

CURRENTLY the east is far worse in mixing government and religion, but any religion without a secular leash will do that.

To be honest, I agree with everything you have just said. Christians can integrate into societies without transferring their religious values into politics (obviously if the whole nation was Christian there would be no other values BUT Christian ones). However, the aim of Islam, is not to integrate into society and do as Christianity. It is quite the contrary. The whole point is to establish a global Caliphate under Islamic law and kill/engulf all those who have different values. There is no pluralism in Islam .

20-08-2014, 11:27 AM
(20-08-2014 11:15 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  
(20-08-2014 11:04 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  What do you think right wingers mean when they say "Christian nation". If nations are based on laws and Christianity is a religion with a holy book then where do you think they think our laws came from? Why do you think some Christians want the 10 Commandments on public court property if they did not think our laws didn't come from the bible?

To be honest, I agree with everything you have just said. Christians can integrate into societies without transferring their religious values into politics (obviously if the whole nation was Christian there would be no other values BUT Christian ones). However, the aim of Islam, is not to integrate into society and do as Christianity. It is quite the contrary. The whole point is to establish a global Caliphate under Islamic law and kill/engulf all those who have different values. There is no pluralism in Islam .

CURRENTLY, you keep avoiding that word. Now if you think you can win the war on their CURRENT mindset which I agree is way too theocratic, then what tactic would you use? You still have to pick your battles because there is no way to invade the middle east in an overwhelming manor unless you want to trigger a third world war.

Now again, we can go after Isis because not only have we been invited to help those they are murdering. We cant go to war with Saudi Arabia or Iran without catastrophic loss of life. Not to mention two failed wars already based on our stupid WW2 mentality, negated by the quagmires we have gotten stuck in since WW2.

Now maybe you do not see it, but there are cracks growing in the east. The fact that women in Saudi Arabia dared to violate their laws by driving, says the word is filtering in. The fact that Malala is world famous for standing up to her religion, also shows that the cracks are there.

Even in more westernized Turkey, there was an idiot male politician demanding women don't laugh in public. Women worldwide including Muslims even in that country posted videos mocking his absurd and sexist bullshit.

I think you expect change to come suddenly or by force, but it will not.

20-08-2014, 02:24 PM
(20-08-2014 10:15 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  It all leads to my personal pursuit of knowledge basically. I'm left with this question then, why be a Muslim at all if you are going to choose to ignore the majority of your holy book? I just don't understand that :/

Eh, tradition, inertia, social pressures. No good reasons, basically. It's one of the things about religions that just don't make no sense.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post