ISLAM!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-07-2011, 07:31 AM

ISLAM!
I'm starting to hate this religion. Islam, they're technically absurd. They immigrate, attack, and invade the country that took them in (Europe,America, etc.). We as atheist, should stop fighting the easier religion (Christianity) and crush Islam once and for all.
Who's with me?!
Quote this message in a reply
22-07-2011, 08:32 AM
RE: ISLAM!
Hmmm...
That's a lot of over-generalization in one post and that sounds a lot like right wing propaganda to me. There are specific forums for that.

Sorry...
No can do.

If you want us Thinking Atheists to get warm for your cause you'll need to address to us with...
-Facts (preferably in the form of of hard indisputable numbers)
-Direct conclusions drawn from those facts
-Decisions whether they are real problems
-Solutions to the above problems, preferably not in the form of "silver bullets".

I'm all ears though...
please try again.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post
22-07-2011, 08:43 AM

Video RE: ISLAM!
Quote:Hmmm...
That's a lot of over-generalization in one post and that sounds a lot like right wing propaganda to me. There are specific forums for that.

I guess your right about that. Well fine, lets not generalize that Islam has been attacking Europe for almost the first time they've met and that Islam has also been attack Asia in terms of religious discrimination. But yeah, I guess it's just human to generalize.

Quote:Sorry...
No can do.

Thanks for your time. .

Quote:-Facts (preferably in the form of of hard indisputable numbers)
-Direct conclusions drawn from those facts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWCgNG6xJ...re=related
Quote:-Decisions whether they are real problems
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU7T5fbJbq0
Quote:-Solutions to the above problems, preferably not in the form of "silver bullets".
We should convince Europe that they should imply their laws on the illegal religious acts of Islam in France, Sweden, Italy, etc.

Quote:I'm all ears though...
Thanks, I really appreciate it. Smile
22-07-2011, 11:14 AM
Hey, Magnus.

Are you fucking serious? No really. Are you fucking serious?

Immigrants are a problem? Wow. That's fresh. No one has ever complained that select immigrant populations are undermining a country.

A YouTube video of a crazy man talking about invading Spain? Really? That's about as credible as a video of a crazy Canadian talking about invading Michigan to take it back from the American imperial pig dog minions of Satan who stole it from us in the War of 1812. There's a HUGE difference between some ranting lunatic and someone who actually has the ability to set policy and actually has the political backing to invade a sovereign nation and actually has the ludicrous amount of military power that it would take. We're quite safe from his pitiful little band.

And your "news" report? Sounds really trustworthy. I have full faith in a report from an organisation called the Christian Broadcasting Network, an evangelical organisation founded by Pat fucking Robertson. No bias there. And with such hard-hitting non-hyperbolic reporting, like, "But Europe may be forced to choose between political correctness and the survival of its civilisation."

Plus it's always great when reporters show a rally consisting of maybe, maybe a hundred people and draw a direct link between them and an entire people. I mean Lord knows that the Westboro people are 100% indicative of all Americans everywhere. Hell, we've got more to worry about in North America. There are black people everywhere! And they're all like this. I mean, there's only a handful of them in the video, but you see, they're black; ergo, all blacks are like them. Rock solid logic.

I gotta say that this line that you've introduced is saturated with credulous racism. I'm going to fall short of calling you a racist because I don’t know you from a hole in the wall, but I caution you to take a good long look at whether or not you truly want to associate yourself with this sort of garbage.

“Crush Islam once and for all”?

So sorry, brother. I ain't with you. And I truly hope that no one else is.

Walk away from this stuff, brother. It's a dead end. I suspect that you’re smarter than this.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
[+] 1 user Likes Ghost's post
22-07-2011, 12:24 PM
(22-07-2011 07:31 AM)SumAtheosMagnus Wrote:  We as atheist, should stop fighting the easier religion (Christianity) and crush Islam once and for all.

I have to say I would much rather you had started a debate on how to remain civil and engage with muslims with our criticisms of Islam constructively and peaceably and in a way which might make the world a better place, when Islam is so infuriating.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-07-2011, 01:12 PM
See what you did there? You made Ghost use a lot of angry words to basically say the same as I do. I told you, but you wouldn't listen. Wink

You seriously need to sharpen up your skepticism.

Basically, the west sold his soul to Islam at the end of WWII. They sold it so they could get high on oil. As good as every political move in that area ever since then is made solely with cheap oil prices in mind. All because we spoiled westerners thought it was our god-damn birthright to own a big ass car, the latest electronic gadget or to get skin-cancer a suntan on some beach. The free west -widely smiling- became a slave of Islamic dictators.

Want to fuck Islam? Throw out your car, Warm your house with wood, and buy a bicycle.
Want to mute Islamic religious leaders? Give their subjects a descent life. If you think that won't work. Take a good look at the Europe and the US of some 150 years ago. Thats how it was done there.

Still...
I agree there might be some problem...
I'm still open to facts, conclusions and solutions. So far Ive only seen propaganda.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post
22-07-2011, 02:12 PM

The only difference between Islam and Christianity is that there are still theocracies led by Islamic nuts and the region where Islam is most popular is lagging behind Western countries for various reasons. There is nothing less dangerous about either religion, and no reason to ignore one and focus our attention on the other. I'm more concerned about the factors in that region that lead to zealotry and extremism - poverty, lack of education, authoritarian governments, foreign occupation, etc.
[+] 1 user Likes Zach's post
22-07-2011, 04:22 PM
(22-07-2011 11:14 AM)Ghost Wrote:  Hey, Magnus.

Are you fucking serious? No really. Are you fucking serious?

Immigrants are a problem? Wow. That's fresh. No one has ever complained that select immigrant populations are undermining a country.

A YouTube video of a crazy man talking about invading Spain? Really? That's about as credible as a video of a crazy Canadian talking about invading Michigan to take it back from the American imperial pig dog minions of Satan who stole it from us in the War of 1812. There's a HUGE difference between some ranting lunatic and someone who actually has the ability to set policy and actually has the political backing to invade a sovereign nation and actually has the ludicrous amount of military power that it would take. We're quite safe from his pitiful little band.

And your "news" report? Sounds really trustworthy. I have full faith in a report from an organisation called the Christian Broadcasting Network, an evangelical organisation founded by Pat fucking Robertson. No bias there. And with such hard-hitting non-hyperbolic reporting, like, "But Europe may be forced to choose between political correctness and the survival of its civilisation."

Plus it's always great when reporters show a rally consisting of maybe, maybe a hundred people and draw a direct link between them and an entire people. I mean Lord knows that the Westboro people are 100% indicative of all Americans everywhere. Hell, we've got more to worry about in North America. There are black people everywhere! And they're all like this. I mean, there's only a handful of them in the video, but you see, they're black; ergo, all blacks are like them. Rock solid logic.

I gotta say that this line that you've introduced is saturated with credulous racism. I'm going to fall short of calling you a racist because I don’t know you from a hole in the wall, but I caution you to take a good long look at whether or not you truly want to associate yourself with this sort of garbage.

“Crush Islam once and for all”?

So sorry, brother. I ain't with you. And I truly hope that no one else is.

Walk away from this stuff, brother. It's a dead end. I suspect that you’re smarter than this.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt

Not to put too fine a point on it, but...exactly. In fact I was thinking Westborough as I was reading the OP.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
22-07-2011, 04:31 PM
Since when are we fighting religion? I have been ready and willing to discuss my views with fellow atheists, and with the religious if they start the conversation, and I am willing to fight against making my country a theocracy. But I do not go to Christian forums or picket churches or attempt to deconvert anyone. That's not how I roll.

“There is no sin except stupidity.” Oscar Wilde
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-07-2011, 05:05 PM (This post was last modified: 22-07-2011 05:15 PM by UnderTheMicroscope.)
I'll agree there is a problem, it is moderate and extreme muslims(I know I'm making a generalization), but not for the reason you've stated. We've seen it with other cultures and even christians, the fundamentalists attack others and generally make their 'brothers and sisters' look bad, and the moderates say "those people don't represent our belief though" but most of them don't do anything about it.

Deport them all? Close our borders to muslim immigrants?
No, we're better than that, not only is it cowardly and barbaric to just put up walls to block them out, but it also doesn't solve the problem and leaves the moderates to be oppressed by the extremists.

I think the best way to solve a problem of fundamentalism (regardless of the ideology) is to show the moderates that they need to band together to show that they are not extremists and say "NO" to the oppressive and violent fundamentalists.
... A better police and judicial system might help too, but that's a given.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
[+] 1 user Likes UnderTheMicroscope's post