ISLAMIC INVASION PULLS TRIGGER: EUROPE NOW SCRAMBLES FOR GUNS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2015, 12:22 PM
(30-10-2015 11:07 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  If it comes to the armed conflict between the army and the citizens , they will use any means necessary to come out on top. What do you think, that they will accept the defeat instead of bringing out the heavy stuff?

Ok so they are going to level whole cities. Bullshit! The people that would resist tyranny are mixed in with the entire population. It would have to be a surgical ground war that they don't have the man power for.

In other countries you can just bomb whoever and destroy anything. That's not an option when you are talking about your own country.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2015, 12:24 PM
(30-10-2015 11:54 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(30-10-2015 09:55 AM)KUSA Wrote:  So the US military will destroy its own country? You must not have any fucking sense.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Civil_War

Guns and cannons. You are 150 years out of date. Try again.
30-10-2015, 12:32 PM
RE: ISLAMIC INVASION PULLS TRIGGER: EUROPE NOW SCRAMBLES FOR GUNS
(30-10-2015 12:24 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(30-10-2015 11:54 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Civil_War

Guns and cannons. You are 150 years out of date. Try again.

I don't quite know what you think you mean by that. There wasn't a problem with disrupting trade/infrastructure or other essential types of elements in the efforts to win. They damaged railroads and did other tactics used in foreign nations in the goal to win. That's what the point was about, how far if not, a nation will damage itself.

The key is just, what is the motivation and who are those who stand to gain from the potential aggression.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
30-10-2015, 12:38 PM
(30-10-2015 12:02 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(30-10-2015 10:23 AM)KUSA Wrote:  Are you really that damned stupid? You think the military will destroy country with carpet bombing and trident missiles? Your brain must have stopped working the same time your nuts did. Maybe you need some braindogel.

If you think those bombers are "carpet bombing", you don't know WTF you're talking about. I'd suggest you look up things like JDAMS. Both the B-2 and B-52 are capable of taking out point targets with precision non-nuclear weapons carried by the truckload.

If you're going to argue that the military could go "apeshit" on the country, then you have to acknowledge that there is no way in hell the uprising could win out. And before you go parading Afghanistan as a counter-example, keep in mind that the only reason both we and the Russians pulled out without a total victory is that both our countries were war-weary. That circumstance wouldn't pertain here in America, because we cannot pull out and go home; this is our home.

The idea that an American insurgency could win out is extremely questionable. The best guys like you and Yak can angle for is living a solitary life out in the country where any counterinsurgency operation wouldn't care to send resources to take out one guy. Once you organize, you make yourself large enough to target, but not large enough to win.

Just theorizing. Again, however, I don't currently see the armed portion of the federal government to be the threat at the moment. In any case, whatever hypothetical scenario might present itself, I'm not gonna jump in and get myself killed just for shits and giggles. I'd analyze the reality of the context in which I were considering getting involved and decide if there were a realistic possibility of achieving a positive outcome. Given the diversity of those who make up our forces, I'd be willing to bet that in such a scenario there would be a fracturing not unlike what the Soviet Union went through, and I'd end up as part of one of those fractures. In such a hypothetical scenario, if i were engaging in guerrilla warfare, it would be in support of a larger objective such as claiming state resources or sabotaging those resources I don't feel are claimable, my biggest concerns being those sections of the country in which the criminal element is currently #2 on the power hierarchy, in which case it could be assumed that they would quickly gain control of local resources. As things stand now, however, I find it likely that I will remain in the military doing my weekend warrior thing, using my militia wannabe stockpile as a training aid and an insurance plan, and throwing on my uniform every now and then to help squash riots that have the potential to get out of control.

In other words, from the perspective of someone who is against the government as it exists right now, I'd be the bad guy. I merely want the option to change my mind should i feel the need. And for the record, I'm not bothered by the idea of living out in the boonies as some crazy hermit. The fantasy has crossed my mind more than once.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
30-10-2015, 01:14 PM
(30-10-2015 12:22 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(30-10-2015 11:07 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  If it comes to the armed conflict between the army and the citizens , they will use any means necessary to come out on top. What do you think, that they will accept the defeat instead of bringing out the heavy stuff?

Ok so they are going to level whole cities. Bullshit! The people that would resist tyranny are mixed in with the entire population. It would have to be a surgical ground war that they don't have the man power for.

In other countries you can just bomb whoever and destroy anything. That's not an option when you are talking about your own country.

Remember the WWII? When one army occupied many many countries , despite the resistance and after defeating the country's armies, in most cases without leveling the whole cities? There are scores of examples of successful occupations throughout the history.
Occupying your own country would be much easier for the army.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
30-10-2015, 02:03 PM
(30-10-2015 01:14 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(30-10-2015 12:22 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Ok so they are going to level whole cities. Bullshit! The people that would resist tyranny are mixed in with the entire population. It would have to be a surgical ground war that they don't have the man power for.

Remember the WWII? When one army occupied many many countries , despite the resistance and after defeating the country's armies, in most cases without leveling the whole cities? There are scores of examples of successful occupations throughout the history.
Occupying your own country would be much easier for the army.

The difference is that the allies could bomb the shit out of the offending countries also. Your analogy is flawed. There is no clear geographic side vs side here. It's not the north vs south. It's more like everybody against everybody.

In addition, we are talking about Americans killing Americans here. Some will do it and others won't. The country would be so fractured that the leaders wouldn't be in power for long.
30-10-2015, 02:06 PM
I suddenly understand why the US is so crazy.
[+] 2 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
30-10-2015, 02:17 PM
(30-10-2015 02:06 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  I suddenly understand why the US is so crazy.

Your queen is an ugly hag with yellow teeth.
[Image: 64738dfcdf89482d94dbcf3f49d0b1d5.jpg]
30-10-2015, 02:35 PM
(30-10-2015 02:17 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(30-10-2015 02:06 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  I suddenly understand why the US is so crazy.

Your queen is an ugly hag with yellow teeth.
[Image: 64738dfcdf89482d94dbcf3f49d0b1d5.jpg]
Tell me something I don't know.
30-10-2015, 03:41 PM (This post was last modified: 30-10-2015 03:48 PM by GirlyMan.)
(30-10-2015 10:23 AM)KUSA Wrote:  Are you really that damned stupid? You think the military will destroy country with carpet bombing and trident missiles? Your brain must have stopped working the same time your nuts did. Maybe you need some braindogel.

Dude, you need to take some of that $250,000/year you make and hire someone to think for you. You can probably find a bright junior high school student for $10K.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post