ISLAMIC INVASION PULLS TRIGGER: EUROPE NOW SCRAMBLES FOR GUNS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2015, 06:14 PM
(30-10-2015 05:14 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(30-10-2015 05:01 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Na, I'm spending the money on guns and ammo.

Seriously, what exactly is the scenario you are preparing for?

Red Dawn baby.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2015, 06:25 PM
RE: ISLAMIC INVASION PULLS TRIGGER: EUROPE NOW SCRAMBLES FOR GUNS
(30-10-2015 06:14 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(30-10-2015 05:14 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Seriously, what exactly is the scenario you are preparing for?

Red Dawn baby.
1984 or 2012 version?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
30-10-2015, 06:31 PM
(30-10-2015 06:12 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(30-10-2015 05:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  He's trying to set the record to compensate for his inadequate level of testosterone.
I guess I can just borrow some of your gel.

Get your own. Pussy.

#sigh
30-10-2015, 06:35 PM
(30-10-2015 06:25 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(30-10-2015 06:14 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Red Dawn baby.
1984 or 2012 version?

84. That remake sucked!
30-10-2015, 06:36 PM
(30-10-2015 06:31 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-10-2015 06:12 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I guess I can just borrow some of your gel.

Get your own. Pussy.

You greedy fuck.
30-10-2015, 07:12 PM
(30-10-2015 12:24 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(30-10-2015 11:54 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Civil_War

Guns and cannons. You are 150 years out of date. Try again.

We're talking about psychology, not weapons.

Perhaps you should think before you post? That is the recommended order of operations.
30-10-2015, 07:16 PM
(30-10-2015 03:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-10-2015 12:32 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I don't quite know what you think you mean by that. There wasn't a problem with disrupting trade/infrastructure or other essential types of elements in the efforts to win. They damaged railroads and did other tactics used in foreign nations in the goal to win. That's what the point was about, how far if not, a nation will damage itself.

Something about some dude named Sherman leveling Atlanta on some sorta march to some sea somewhere.

Oh, but that was only cannons and muskets ... totally different!
30-10-2015, 07:27 PM
(30-10-2015 04:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-10-2015 12:02 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  The idea that an American insurgency could win out is extremely questionable. The best guys like you and Yak can angle for is living a solitary life out in the country where any counterinsurgency operation wouldn't care to send resources to take out one guy. Once you organize, you make yourself large enough to target, but not large enough to win.

Why do I get the feeling HeWhoHerdsYaks is already out there working on a manifesto. Hobo

[Image: unabomber-cabin_1.jpg]

I think Yak is actually sensible about this, myself. I definitely agree with him that any government operation against citizens (however remote though I consider that possibility, which is to say almost in the realm of wolkenkuckkucksheim) would result in geographical fractures and organized resistance.

Having said that, the difficulties facing any insurrectionists would be tall indeed. So you have an armed population? Great. What about ammunition supply, when every man-jack has varying calibers, and armories are vital -- meaning that organized military units will certainly receive assignments to guard them? What about a cohesive doctrine, when you've got a bunch of individualists who are resentful of higher authority? Will they suddenly drop that resentment and swear fealty to an insurrectionist government whose aims may or may not be their own? How would such an insurrectionist state garner income when the Navy would almost certainly remain under Federal control?

The difficulties faced by the Red Dawn crowd are more than tremendous, and usually (as in KUSA's case) clearly not considered ... which is the main reason why I argue that it would fail.

Yak, with his military background, understands (I think) these difficulties better than most. I wouldn't imagine him working on a manifesto as much as working on a plan to keep himself fed, housed, and out of custody.
30-10-2015, 09:08 PM (This post was last modified: 30-10-2015 09:24 PM by Chas.)
(30-10-2015 01:14 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(30-10-2015 12:22 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Ok so they are going to level whole cities. Bullshit! The people that would resist tyranny are mixed in with the entire population. It would have to be a surgical ground war that they don't have the man power for.

In other countries you can just bomb whoever and destroy anything. That's not an option when you are talking about your own country.

Remember the WWII? When one army occupied many many countries , despite the resistance and after defeating the country's armies, in most cases without leveling the whole cities? There are scores of examples of successful occupations throughout the history.
Occupying your own country would be much easier for the army.

That army was many times as large as the current one, and those countries had been bombed to crap first.
Also, the inhabitants were largely unarmed and very grateful for the army's presence.

Also, many, many people have firearms in the common police and military calibers like 9 mm, .40 S&W, 5.56 mm, and 7.62 mm; the ammunition is plentiful.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-10-2015, 09:19 PM
(30-10-2015 07:27 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(30-10-2015 04:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Why do I get the feeling HeWhoHerdsYaks is already out there working on a manifesto. Hobo

[Image: unabomber-cabin_1.jpg]

I think Yak is actually sensible about this, myself. I definitely agree with him that any government operation against citizens (however remote though I consider that possibility, which is to say almost in the realm of wolkenkuckkucksheim) would result in geographical fractures and organized resistance.

Having said that, the difficulties facing any insurrectionists would be tall indeed. So you have an armed population? Great. What about ammunition supply, when every man-jack has varying calibers, and armories are vital -- meaning that organized military units will certainly receive assignments to guard them? What about a cohesive doctrine, when you've got a bunch of individualists who are resentful of higher authority? Will they suddenly drop that resentment and swear fealty to an insurrectionist government whose aims may or may not be their own? How would such an insurrectionist state garner income when the Navy would almost certainly remain under Federal control?

The difficulties faced by the Red Dawn crowd are more than tremendous, and usually (as in KUSA's case) clearly not considered ... which is the main reason why I argue that it would fail.

Yak, with his military background, understands (I think) these difficulties better than most. I wouldn't imagine him working on a manifesto as much as working on a plan to keep himself fed, housed, and out of custody.

Many people have thousands of rounds of ammunition on hand and many reload and can supply themselves for quite some time.

I probably have 1500+ rounds of 12 gauge and enough supplies (powder, shot, wads, primers) to make thousands more.

Note: I shoot trap competitively using 100 - 200 shells per week.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post