ISLAMIC INVASION PULLS TRIGGER: EUROPE NOW SCRAMBLES FOR GUNS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-10-2015, 09:27 PM
RE: ISLAMIC INVASION PULLS TRIGGER: EUROPE NOW SCRAMBLES FOR GUNS
(27-10-2015 09:04 PM)jabeady Wrote:  As long as the amendment is in force, regardless of its original rationale, the right of citizens to keep and bear arms is therefore inviolate.

Certainly this is the way it's been interpreted.

When you say "inviolate," however, does that imply there can be no restrictions whatsoever?

Could a citizen, say, own a bazooka? An RPG? Chemical weapons? A nuclear weapon? All are arms.

Genuinely interested in your answer, not just tossing out an anti-gun gotcha.

God does not work in mysterious ways — he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.
Jesus had a pretty rough weekend for your sins.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes claywise's post
27-10-2015, 09:30 PM
ISLAMIC INVASION PULLS TRIGGER: EUROPE NOW SCRAMBLES FOR GUNS
(27-10-2015 09:27 PM)claywise Wrote:  
(27-10-2015 09:04 PM)jabeady Wrote:  As long as the amendment is in force, regardless of its original rationale, the right of citizens to keep and bear arms is therefore inviolate.

Certainly this is the way it's been interpreted.

When you say "inviolate," however, does that imply there can be no restrictions whatsoever?

Could a citizen, say, own a bazooka? An RPG? Chemical weapons? A nuclear weapon? All are arms.

Generally speaking, an indiscriminate weapon such as a bomb is a bad idea.
27-10-2015, 09:30 PM
Thread moved to politics.

Just pretend this message is in green and carry on.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
27-10-2015, 09:43 PM
(27-10-2015 08:09 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The Second Amendment provides for the arming a "well regulated militia". It does not provide for individuals to own guns. If the current level of gun deaths in the US is "reasonable' then interpreting the 2nd Amendment in a way that promotes the current level of gun violence, then yeah, thank your lucky stars we have what we do. The fact is if the parents of the kids at Sandy Hook lived in any other country, their kids would still be alive.

This statement is wrong on so many levels.... I wish I wasn't so tired right now. I'm sure someone else will educate you though. Be careful, you might fall off the bandwagon.

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty. -Thomas Jefferson

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. -David Hume
27-10-2015, 09:45 PM (This post was last modified: 27-10-2015 10:27 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(27-10-2015 08:35 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(27-10-2015 08:03 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Australians are Austrian? Wtf?

Same thing. WTF man.

Facepalm

(27-10-2015 08:00 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Even in Australia people are scrambling to get more guns.
Quote:Austrians are arming themselves at record rates in an effort to defend their households against feared attacks from Muslim invaders.

Austrians are from Austria.

[Image: Austria-map.jpg]

Australians are from Australia.

[Image: australia-map.jpeg]

There is a difference.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
27-10-2015, 09:48 PM (This post was last modified: 27-10-2015 09:56 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(27-10-2015 09:43 PM)RinChi Wrote:  
(27-10-2015 08:09 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The Second Amendment provides for the arming a "well regulated militia". It does not provide for individuals to own guns. If the current level of gun deaths in the US is "reasonable' then interpreting the 2nd Amendment in a way that promotes the current level of gun violence, then yeah, thank your lucky stars we have what we do. The fact is if the parents of the kids at Sandy Hook lived in any other country, their kids would still be alive.

This statement is wrong on so many levels.... I wish I wasn't so tired right now. I'm sure someone else will educate you though. Be careful, you might fall off the bandwagon.

So the kids WOULDN'T be dead if they lived somewhere else ?
Hahaha
Get real.
BTW. I think for myself. I'm on no one's bandwagon.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
27-10-2015, 09:57 PM
(27-10-2015 09:23 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Wrong. Totally wrong. You have the right to what is reasonable.

I'm sorry, did I miss a clause or amendment? I don't recall reading that.

Quote:Is it reasonable, in light of the danger posed to continue down the path we have now ?

What was it Franklin said about sacrificing liberty for safety?

Quote:I don't care what Virginia said, or SCOTUS said in the PAST with respect to circumstances in the PAST. We now must deal with TODAY.

Maybe you'd better read some newspapers. Heller was only a couple or so years ago. Or did you mean TODAY?

Quote:Courts, including SCOTUS have made huge mistakes, and have reversed themselves over all kinds of things.

Has SCOTUS reversed itself over *this* thing?
27-10-2015, 09:58 PM
What's with the caps lock? Fearmongering?
27-10-2015, 10:05 PM
(27-10-2015 08:09 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(27-10-2015 08:00 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Many 'now wish they had a 2nd Amendment'.
http://mobile.wnd.com/2015/10/islamic-in...-for-guns/

Even in Australia people are scrambling to get more guns.

This thread is in health because ISIS is bad for your health.

The Second Amendment provides for the arming a "well regulated militia". It does not provide for individuals to own guns. If the current level of gun deaths in the US is "reasonable' then interpreting the 2nd Amendment in a way that promotes the current level of gun violence, then yeah, thank your lucky stars we have what we do. The fact is if the parents of the kids at Sandy Hook lived in any other country, their kids would still be alive.

Sorry, Buckster, neither the language, nor the historical contest, nor the writings of the men responsible, nor the Supreme Court agree with you. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
27-10-2015, 10:13 PM
(27-10-2015 09:27 PM)claywise Wrote:  Certainly this is the way it's been interpreted.

I appreciate that. Thank you.

In principle, there can be no restrictions. In practice there are several. Convicted felons cannot own or use firearms unless they successfully petition the courts to restore their civil rights. Very few people disagree with this, although I've seen it done.

There is also a law restricting what's known as Class 3 weapons to permit holders. I don't know whether this law has been challenged, but I for one intend to obey it so long as it's in force (and probably even if it's ever repealed).