ISLAMIC INVASION PULLS TRIGGER: EUROPE NOW SCRAMBLES FOR GUNS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-11-2015, 08:13 AM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2015 08:17 AM by Chas.)
RE: ISLAMIC INVASION PULLS TRIGGER: EUROPE NOW SCRAMBLES FOR GUNS
(09-11-2015 07:39 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(09-11-2015 06:49 AM)Chas Wrote:  They shoot back. Drinking Beverage

But... they are few. Few, and easily painted as evil rebels. Unless they win. Then they're heroic saviours. You'd have to be very, very, very hard-pressed in order to revolt as a grunt. Even a general would really struggle.

They may well not be only a few.
A few people is treason; a lot of people is revolution.

Quote:I can't even imagine what form an order would have to take, in order for soldiers to revolt.

That's not at all my point. There could come a point where the relentless (or sudden) chipping away at freedoms becomes unbearable and revolution/revolt/mutiny results.
There are many examples in history.

It is then that any order from that government is deemed null and void.

Quote:Let's say the rich decide to subvert American democracy and effectively pick the next president for example - as many people think basically *does* happen. Will the army revolt then? How about if the president declares war on a foreign nation in violation of the constitution? (NB I realise that it's debatable but that's the point. It's not clear-cut).

No, it's not clear cut. Maybe a tax on tea? Consider

Quote:And say if soldiers had decided to conscientiously object to the Iraq war, would they be seen as heroes or villains?

How many? Conscientious objectors are not mutineers.

Quote:How about the NSA? Edward Snowden alerted the common people to widespread government sanctioned spying which is almost certainly illegal. But there's no revolt and if there was the revolutionaries would find themselves in a tight spot very quickly.

There's no revolt yet.

Quote:If your military has not objected to such things in the past, why would they start now? What possible unconstitutional order would a US government give that would cause a revolt?

George Washington had been a British army officer, as had been many others who joined the revoltion.

Quote:I mean, other than the totally outlandish, such as ordering every man home to kill his mother? Maybe ordering genocide of some minority of the population, but that's hardly plausible in this day and age?

See above. It's not just one order that is the problem.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2015, 10:26 AM
(09-11-2015 08:13 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-11-2015 07:39 AM)morondog Wrote:  But... they are few. Few, and easily painted as evil rebels. Unless they win. Then they're heroic saviours. You'd have to be very, very, very hard-pressed in order to revolt as a grunt. Even a general would really struggle.

They may well not be only a few.
A few people is treason; a lot of people is revolution.

As the man once said:
John Harrington Wrote:Treason doth never prosper: what's the reason?
Why, if it prosper, none dare call it treason.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
09-11-2015, 12:09 PM
(09-11-2015 06:49 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-11-2015 11:50 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  No one was arguing otherwise against such a banal observation. I was simply stating that I think the numbers in the ranks who revolt will be relatively small.

It will likely be proportional to the violations of the government.
My argument is not the military revolting, but elements of the military joining a revolt.

I get what you're saying, I just think the number will be smaller than you do.
09-11-2015, 12:10 PM
(09-11-2015 07:39 AM)morondog Wrote:  And say if soldiers had decided to conscientiously object to the Iraq war, would they be seen as heroes or villains?

Several were prosecuted.
10-11-2015, 12:03 AM
(09-11-2015 12:10 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(09-11-2015 07:39 AM)morondog Wrote:  And say if soldiers had decided to conscientiously object to the Iraq war, would they be seen as heroes or villains?

Several were prosecuted.

What happened to them? I mean. It's reasonable to object 'cos there was a real possibility that the war was unconstitutional, then again, they are paid and have also taken some kinda pledge to actually go into battle when required to do so by the Fathers of the Nation™.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
10-11-2015, 12:11 AM
(27-10-2015 08:00 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Many 'now wish they had a 2nd Amendment'.
http://mobile.wnd.com/2015/10/islamic-in...-for-guns/
Quote:Islamists are promising: "We will cut the heads off unbelieving dogs even in Europe."

Even in Australia people are scrambling to get more guns.
Quote:Austrians are arming themselves at record rates in an effort to defend their households against feared attacks from Muslim invaders.

This thread is in health because ISIS is bad for your health.

i dont like muslims at all

but one thing you seem to miss, you miss the fact that it was british, french and american armies which attacked, bombed and invaded one middle eastern country after another in the last 20 years! no islamic army invaede europe or america the last 200 years..

so killing people for oil and blaming the muslims is not a wise thing to do, especially not with people who follow history and war chronicles...
10-11-2015, 12:13 AM
(10-11-2015 12:11 AM)naturalista Wrote:  

but one thing you seem to miss, you miss the fact that it was british, french and american armies which attacked, bombed and invaded one middle eastern country after another in the last 20 years! no islamic army invaede europe or america the last 200 years..

The Ottomon Empire wasn't a force of Islamic armies?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
10-11-2015, 12:16 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2015 12:24 AM by naturalista.)
(10-11-2015 12:13 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(10-11-2015 12:11 AM)naturalista Wrote:  i dont like muslims at all

The Ottomon Empire wasn't a force of Islamic armies?
you are right i forgot the ottomans, but their empire ended over 100 years ago, since then only western powers invaede one muslim country after another by bloodshed, so its not fair to blame the muslims for all our western war crimes.. in fact syria and lybia fared very well before the globalist imperialist invasion by the french and americans! now you blame it on muslims... what an irrational perception of the problem
10-11-2015, 02:04 AM
(10-11-2015 12:11 AM)naturalista Wrote:  

so killing people for oil and blaming the muslims is not a wise thing to do, especially not with people who follow history and war chronicles...

You forgot the Russians, the Iraqis, the Turks, and Syria. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-11-2015, 02:45 AM
(10-11-2015 02:04 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-11-2015 12:11 AM)naturalista Wrote:  i dont like muslims at all

You forgot the Russians, the Iraqis, the Turks, and Syria. Drinking Beverage

Hey, you people forget Australia!

*sigh* No, it's okay. Everybody does....

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.