ISLAMIC INVASION PULLS TRIGGER: EUROPE NOW SCRAMBLES FOR GUNS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-10-2015, 12:09 PM
ISLAMIC INVASION PULLS TRIGGER: EUROPE NOW SCRAMBLES FOR GUNS
(28-10-2015 08:02 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 07:52 AM)KUSA Wrote:  "The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
- Thomas Jefferson, letter to to John Cartwright, 5 June 1824

Soooo.... Dumb question, but.... Does that mean criminals and the insane are not people...?

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
- Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-10-2015, 12:33 PM
RE: ISLAMIC INVASION PULLS TRIGGER: EUROPE NOW SCRAMBLES FOR GUNS
(28-10-2015 12:09 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 08:02 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Soooo.... Dumb question, but.... Does that mean criminals and the insane are not people...?

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."

No "free man" --- anyone who's incarcerated, or part of the penal system in any way can (and regularly are) deprived of the right to bear, or indeed even own arms.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
28-10-2015, 12:39 PM
(28-10-2015 12:33 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 12:09 PM)KUSA Wrote:  "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."

No "free man" --- anyone who's incarcerated, or part of the penal system in any way can (and regularly are) deprived of the right to bear, or indeed even own arms.

I often wonder what the founders would say about this. Would they consider a "free man" to be someone that served their time in prison and had been released? Would they agree with permanent depriving of arms to a citizen?

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
28-10-2015, 01:04 PM
(28-10-2015 12:39 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 12:33 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  No "free man" --- anyone who's incarcerated, or part of the penal system in any way can (and regularly are) deprived of the right to bear, or indeed even own arms.

I often wonder what the founders would say about this. Would they consider a "free man" to be someone that served their time in prison and had been released? Would they agree with permanent depriving of arms to a citizen?
You always have to wonder, when the Founders mentioned Free Men, were they thinking of slaves, convicts, or both?

Also, convicted felons, following release, can petition the courts to have their civil rights restored.
28-10-2015, 01:06 PM
(28-10-2015 12:39 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 12:33 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  No "free man" --- anyone who's incarcerated, or part of the penal system in any way can (and regularly are) deprived of the right to bear, or indeed even own arms.

That would be an historian fallacy. What an historical character would have thought about a modern day issue is pretty irrelevant. There is decades of social, political and technological changes seperating them from us.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
28-10-2015, 01:06 PM
(28-10-2015 06:38 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Ironically, it wasn't until Muslim slavers from North Africa started fucking with our shipping lanes that we finally decided to build a state controlled military. The European solution to the same problem, at the time, was to pay tribute to the Barbary Coast in an attempt to appease them. Sometimes it worked, sometimes they'd raid ships and coastal cities regardless.

The line in the Marines' Hymn referencing the shores of Tripoli refers to the Barbary War, when we attacked and captured the Tripolitan city of Derna, marking the first time the U.S. flag was raised on foreign soil, and taking back by force the Americans being held there.

Ah but, US FORAN POLEESSEEY HUR DUR

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
28-10-2015, 01:10 PM
(28-10-2015 10:04 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 06:17 AM)BnW Wrote:  I'm running out the door for work and don't have a lot of time right now, but this statement is factually incorrect. There is very little jurisprudence on the 2nd Amendment as compared to most of the other amendments, but the Supreme Court only very recently recognized a private right to gun ownership. It wasn't until 2008 and the Heller decision that the Court actually said that is what it means, and even that decision allows for restrictions on weapons. So, the statement that this has been the law of the land for 200+ years is flat out, unequivocally wrong.

I suspect it was not explicitly stated by SCOTUS until recently because it was widely understood and treated as an individual right until fairly recently.

Fifty years ago you could walk into a small, local hardware store and by a gun as long as you were of age. It wasn't until U.S. society became more violent that restrictions started being imposed; the Court cases only then became necessary.

When my friends and I were 16, we would walk along the road from one guy's house carrying rifles and shotguns to a neighbor's property about 1/2 mile down the road.
It was neither illegal nor a problem. (No, those weren't flintlocks. Dodgy )

Literally, a split second before I read "No, those weren't flintlocks" I thought "must've been muskets " Laugh out loadLaugh out load

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
28-10-2015, 01:34 PM
(28-10-2015 11:35 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 11:01 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I don't remember Gandi ever brandishing a gun when India was occupied by the British.

Not that I want to be drawn into the larger debate, but I'd just like to point out that Ghandi's legacy is far more nuanced than his public perception might have you believe. His past, including his use of violence when it suited him, leaves him with a far more checkered past than you may think. Just something to consider before holding him up as a champion of pacifism, because he certainly had his moments.

I'll look into that. Thanks.
28-10-2015, 02:21 PM
As for the gun debate, whatever anyone here or anywhere else thinks is irrelevant, the fact is that removing the guns from America is a pipe dream. It's just not feasible, not only is the right enshrined in the constitution and reaffirmed in the supreme court, there are just too damn many out there to even think you could make a dent. So people need to stop wasting thier time and effort and focus on the things that can be changed. Namely the healthcare system, specifically the mental health system, which as I said before was pretty much obliterated by that ignorantly worshiped asshole Ronald Reagan. Also, the culture at large needs some "reform", the whole principle of the second amendment is that we as a people don't become ostriches with our heads in the sand, that we stay aware, look out for each other, and be ready to act.

(28-10-2015 01:34 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 11:35 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Not that I want to be drawn into the larger debate, but I'd just like to point out that Ghandi's legacy is far more nuanced than his public perception might have you believe. His past, including his use of violence when it suited him, leaves him with a far more checkered past than you may think. Just something to consider before holding him up as a champion of pacifism, because he certainly had his moments.

I'll look into that. Thanks.

I'm sure most of us here know about the fallacy of Mother Theresa already, always be weary of anyone who is seen somehow without flaw. Ghandi was a self professed racist, womanizing, pedophile piece of shit. Another fun one is to research is the Dalai Lama, and learn what would really happen if we were to really "free Tibet". It wasn't quite the peaceful fairy tale most think it was. With a ruling class of religious monks living in luxury while forcing the rest of the people into submission and squalor.

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty. -Thomas Jefferson

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. -David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes RinChi's post
28-10-2015, 02:26 PM
Don't even get me started on "Mother Theresa" -- a squalid old bitch -- who goes to the most overpopulated country in the world - and preaches against the use of contraception...

The stupid old crone should have been beaten to death with the rotted corpse of a baby who died of malnutrition..............

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 5 users Like onlinebiker's post